User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 52

  1. #41
    Senior Member sticker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    ISTp
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Hah! That is interesting. Want to do a trade?
    I won't mind it on my side, it'll be a very different experience (and most likely an enjoyable one) but I don't think you'll enjoy my parents... Because they were like " or else "
    Everyone is unique. ...Just like everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Video Challenge

  2. #42
    Member Caligula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    -
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sticker View Post
    I won't mind it on my side, it'll be a very different experience (and most likely an enjoyable one) but I don't think you'll enjoy my parents... Because they were like " or else "
    That sounds...interesting. And looks a little painful. (Poor you!)
    I think I would find it an educational experience at the very least.

    My parents were like... and
    Living is never a waste of time.

  3. #43
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Caligula: Based on your first post, you sound INFJ.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Space_Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    CAT
    Posts
    359

    Default

    This will sound strange but... I've re-read your posts and you actually sound a LOT like my ESTJ boyfriend O_o (plus the sweetness and friendliness ) He actually tested as an INTP, INFP and INTJ as well, because he just "feels" like an INxx. But knowing him better, ST temperament fits him a lot better than NT (or NF...), and Te is his dominant function. I strongly advise you to look up and study the cognitive functions. Specifically, I find it a little suspicious that you say yourself you don't pick up on people or things intuitively, and that you're oblivious to people rather than things. That points to ST, in my opinion, although it's of course not a proof. Also, looking up random things for the sake of knowledge is pretty Si, and from your OP I'd guess you're a judger rather than perceiver. "I prefer to hang out with people spontaneously if it fits my schedule" is EXACTLY something my SO would say

    Can I ask what exactly makes your friend think you're a closeted STJ? I'd say that people who are close to you will be able to tell your type better than people on this board. I don't count your parents though, because they seem to be extremely biased towards N.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

    - SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

  5. #45
    Member Caligula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    -
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    This will sound strange but... I've re-read your posts and you actually sound a LOT like my ESTJ boyfriend O_o (plus the sweetness and friendliness ) He actually tested as an INTP, INFP and INTJ as well, because he just "feels" like an INxx. But knowing him better, ST temperament fits him a lot better than NT (or NF...), and Te is his dominant function. I strongly advise you to look up and study the cognitive functions. Specifically, I find it a little suspicious that you say yourself you don't pick up on people or things intuitively, and that you're oblivious to people rather than things. That points to ST, in my opinion, although it's of course not a proof. Also, looking up random things for the sake of knowledge is pretty Si, and from your OP I'd guess you're a judger rather than perceiver. "I prefer to hang out with people spontaneously if it fits my schedule" is EXACTLY something my SO would say

    Can I ask what exactly makes your friend think you're a closeted STJ? I'd say that people who are close to you will be able to tell your type better than people on this board. I don't count your parents though, because they seem to be extremely biased towards N.
    Ha! That is bizarre. I've only met one ESTJ, (that I know of), and he is a little crazy but certainly a character. I actually realized today that ESTJ and I have a similar relationship with information, he loves looking up random facts on Wiki and learning everything there is to know. I would definitely lean more towards ISTJ than ESTJ, I cannot relate to the ESTJ description at all, and I doubt I am an Extrovert.

    On the phone talking to my friend (a different friend, ISFP), and I was complaining how I had no idea of my type. I said that I knew I was definitely an "I" and an "N", but I couldn't relate enough to any of those MBTI types. He broke it down and suggested that I was an S, which I of course thought was impossible.
    I asked what he would type me as, and he just blurted out ISTJ. I thought it was crazy but looked up the description and it was the closest thing to me I'd read in years.
    (Portrait of an ISTJ)

    I think that I might have been an ISTJ who favored tradition but learned to repress this about myself because of my family. Of all the IN types I definitely resembled INTJ the closest but I don't have that "classic arrogance", I lack confidence and I am more cooperative overall. Ergo - SJ?
    Living is never a waste of time.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Space_Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    CAT
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Ha! That is bizarre. I've only met one ESTJ, (that I know of), and he is a little crazy but certainly a character. I actually realized today that ESTJ and I have a similar relationship with information, he loves looking up random facts on Wiki and learning everything there is to know. I would definitely lean more towards ISTJ than ESTJ, I cannot relate to the ESTJ description at all, and I doubt I am an Extrovert.

    On the phone talking to my friend (a different friend, ISFP), and I was complaining how I had no idea of my type. I said that I knew I was definitely an "I" and an "N", but I couldn't relate enough to any of those MBTI types. He broke it down and suggested that I was an S, which I of course thought was impossible.
    I asked what he would type me as, and he just blurted out ISTJ. I thought it was crazy but looked up the description and it was the closest thing to me I'd read in years.
    (Portrait of an ISTJ)

    I think that I might have been an ISTJ who favored tradition but learned to repress this about myself because of my family. Of all the IN types I definitely resembled INTJ the closest but I don't have that "classic arrogance", I lack confidence and I am more cooperative overall. Ergo - SJ?
    You really do sound like an SJ to me, ISTJ being a strong option. If you identify with it so much, it is very likely it indeed is your type. You overall personality might be also "sketched-in" by your Enneagram type.

    As for my SO, it was actually extremely problematic for me to type him - I went from an ENTJ to an INTJ to an ISTJ to an ESTJ, because at first I had serious trouble believing he's an S, he considers himself an introvert, and the ESTJ profile actually doesn't fit him at all that much. He's Enneagram 1w9, which makes him much more abstract and withdrawn than "your usual ESTJ", but the cognitive function order eventually became pretty apparent anyway.

    Nevertheless, you don't really sound like a Te-dom to me, but I do sense certain "ST flavor" in your posts. I can also easily imagine how an ISTJ might type as an INFP in childhood. These two types are not so different; often they have a pretty similar "cover", but the thought process is different.

    I don't know, but for me, your parents' example kind of illustrates how much can MBTI skew one's view on people if they're too much into it. I bet that if they didn't know anything about MBTI, they wouldn't find absolutely nothing "wrong" with you being a sensor. It looks like they didn't even notice, actually O_o - despite all their prejudice against sensors, which kind of implies that your parents don't even know what being a sensor really means. In my opinion, children often have enough problems being moulded into someone they're not even without a prearranged shape called MBTI... The extra pressure it puts on you is just absolutely unnecessary.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

    - SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

  7. #47
    Member Caligula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    -
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    You really do sound like an SJ to me, ISTJ being a strong option. If you identify with it so much, it is very likely it indeed is your type. You overall personality might be also "sketched-in" by your Enneagram type.

    As for my SO, it was actually extremely problematic for me to type him - I went from an ENTJ to an INTJ to an ISTJ to an ESTJ, because at first I had serious trouble believing he's an S, he considers himself an introvert, and the ESTJ profile actually doesn't fit him at all that much. He's Enneagram 1w9, which makes him much more abstract and withdrawn than "your usual ESTJ", but the cognitive function order eventually became pretty apparent anyway.

    Nevertheless, you don't really sound like a Te-dom to me, but I do sense certain "ST flavor" in your posts. I can also easily imagine how an ISTJ might type as an INFP in childhood. These two types are not so different; often they have a pretty similar "cover", but the thought process is different.
    Yes! I thought so too, especially when Personality Page specifically called ISTJs "perfectionist", what I before thought was a strictly INFP trait.

    I try my best not to be insensitive (sometimes I think I overcompensate) but I would definitely describe my thought process as being more T than F.

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    I don't know, but for me, your parents' example kind of illustrates how much can MBTI skew one's view on people if they're too much into it. I bet that if they didn't know anything about MBTI, they wouldn't find absolutely nothing "wrong" with you being a sensor. It looks like they didn't even notice, actually O_o - despite all their prejudice against sensors, which kind of implies that your parents don't even know what being a sensor really means. In my opinion, children often have enough problems being moulded into someone they're not even without a prearranged shape called MBTI... The extra pressure it puts on you is just absolutely unnecessary.
    Correct - I see the MBTI as a good tool until people begin to discriminate against different types. Or unless they take it to extremes, as I have, and refuse to talk about anything else.
    My parents certainly aren't bad people - far from it. But it did skew my perception for a while. My biggest problem was realizing that I absolutely couldn't stereotype in the MBTI. My ISFP best friend is one of the most intuitive, insightful, and deep people I know, but he is absolutely an ISFP.
    Living is never a waste of time.

  8. #48
    Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    4,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    My ISFP best friend is one of the most intuitive, insightful, and deep people I know, but he she is absolutely an ISFP.
    Awww, thank you!




    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

  9. #49
    Member Caligula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    -
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Awww, thank you!


    Aww, you're welcome Stepho!

    Best friends forever!
    Living is never a waste of time.

  10. #50
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    I agree with ISTJ.

    Feeling doesn't equal emotions; it seems you aren't using Feeling as a reasoning function. Fi may be tertiary for you, meaning it's not mature and often comes out in ways like being sensitive or having a sense of duty to make people feel comfortable. It doesn't sound like your top judging function though.

    I also don't hear anything about imagination, values, and other idealistic stuff INFPs usually talk about when describing themselves.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Similar Threads

  1. This is what a patriarch looks like.
    By Poindexter Arachnid in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 02:32 PM
  2. [INTJ] this is what happens when an INTJ gets bored
    By musicheck in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 12:16 AM
  3. this is what hip hop is truly about
    By INTP in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 05:32 PM
  4. Life is what you make of it ?
    By vince in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 01:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO