User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 52

  1. #11
    Senior Member sofmarhof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Could you describe in what ways your family is so intuitive, and how that put pressure on you to be?

  2. #12
    Member Caligula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    -
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Writing this before school, so not extremely thorough.

    I had an extremely strange childhood, but basically I grew up with my mom and stepfather, ENFP and INTJ. From a young age they were constantly talking about the MBTI. When I took it I came out as an INFP, and it became a fact. I am an INFP.

    My mom and stepfather, both ranking high on the intuitive, once understanding the test took a somewhat typical approach - N's were better than S's.
    I had that set in my mind so strongly from a young age. Not that being an S was bad per say, in fact overall we envied how they functioned. However, we always favored new thoughts and ideas over practical approaches to things, in my family.

    People make fun of how unobservant I am, and how often I get lost in my own imagination. I guess I always assumed it meant I was an N over S. I have talked to them before about maybe being a different type, which they considered but usually disregard.
    Living is never a waste of time.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Ace_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    TNT
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sofmarhof View Post
    The N stands for intuitive, not introspective (which is just another word for introverted).
    David Keirsey says intuitive=introspective and he's got like 40 years of experience in MBTI and a some really successful books about MBTI.

  4. #14
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace_ View Post
    David Keirsey says intuitive=introspective and he's got like 40 years of experience in MBTI and a some really successful books about MBTI.
    Intuitives are not the only ones who can be introspective, let's not be stupid because David Keirsey did it first.
    Hello

  5. #15
    Senior Member Two Point Two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    200

    Default

    It seems fairly clear to me from the OP that you're using Fi and Te, rather than Fe and Ti - so that would limit consideration to INTJ and INFP. If you're INTJ, that would better explain your seeming balance of Fi and Te traits, since they'd be aux-tert rather than dom-inf.

    I also think you've got more J in your J/P description than P, although you could be an anxious P, and that could confuse things a bit. Still, I think it's likely that you're INTJ with strong use of tertiary Fi.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Ace_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    TNT
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Intuitives are not the only ones who can be introspective
    Yeah, that's what he said too. I mean it's kind of obvious. You don't need to mention it.

  7. #17
    Member Caligula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    -
    Posts
    88

    Default

    So far, I'm leaning more towards INTJ.
    I've always had an easier time relating to INTJ's than INFP's.



    ...unless of course I'm secretly an ISTJ.
    Living is never a waste of time.

  8. #18
    Senior Member sofmarhof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    ...unless of course I'm secretly an ISTJ.
    I don't think it's likely. Does INTJ fit in terms or you being more Ni-Se than Si-Ne?

  9. #19
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Two Point Two View Post
    It seems fairly clear to me from the OP that you're using Fi and Te, rather than Fe and Ti - so that would limit consideration to INTJ and INFP. If you're INTJ, that would better explain your seeming balance of Fi and Te traits, since they'd be aux-tert rather than dom-inf.

    I also think you've got more J in your J/P description than P, although you could be an anxious P, and that could confuse things a bit. Still, I think it's likely that you're INTJ with strong use of tertiary Fi.
    I think so too.

  10. #20
    Member Caligula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    -
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sofmarhof View Post
    I don't think it's likely. Does INTJ fit in terms or you being more Ni-Se than Si-Ne?
    For someone who has known about the MBTI for so long, there's still so much I don't understand. Is Ni-Se/Si-Ne based off of which one you prefer to function as? Could someone briefly explain this to me? Google isn't helping.

    Thanks in advance.
    Living is never a waste of time.

Similar Threads

  1. This is what a patriarch looks like.
    By Poindexter Arachnid in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 02:32 PM
  2. [INTJ] this is what happens when an INTJ gets bored
    By musicheck in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 12:16 AM
  3. this is what hip hop is truly about
    By INTP in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 05:32 PM
  4. Life is what you make of it ?
    By vince in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 01:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO