• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can anyone help me type my friend?

gdhc08

MBTI Type
ISFP
I've been wondering what personality type my friend is because we're close friends but yet have completely different views on life and how we approach things....we probably annoy each other more than we say.

He is for sure a I__J. I just need help filling in the middle two.

Some observations:

He budgets and is anal about his money and is always trying to save...He's also all about not getting ripped off. All about being "fair." Example: If you're my friend I'll happily give you some money and not expect anything in return. Hell, I forget you owe me shit half the time. Not him...the complete opposite.

On the quiet side for sure; comes off as easy going but he really has a lot of anger towards others. He can't let things go...he still brings up things from high school which has been 4 years ago.

He's probably my most emotional friend...more than any of my friends I've seen him cry the most.

Also, he's all about putting things into categories...specifically music. He gets all worked up about what genre a group is or what their album is...we like the same kinds of music but does it really matter if some thing a song is emo and some think it is something else?

He takes stuff really seriously too...

The one thing we do have in common(ha, I know it sounds like I'm ripping him) is that we both appreciate authentic people/relationships.

Any ideas? Need more description? I want to be able to understand his way of thinking more so maybe in the future when he makes some comment it won't bug me(not that I really bring shit up with him anyways)

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I'd guess F as well as what you had, just that guys crying seems far more F to do. So IxFJ.

More description would be good. What sort of stuff is he interested in or does he do? How does he approach it?

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
why are you certain he is IJ? Saying that first that might bias good responses from people considering other possible types. After reading the first paragraph I was thinking ISTP, but ISTJ/ISFJ after I read the latter end of your post.

gdhc08

MBTI Type
ISFP
you're right, probs not. i guess it's always easier to point out differences though.

he'd probably call me indecisive, disorganized, and that i don't think ahead.

I'm certain he is a J, from reading the descriptions of Judgers and Perceivers. But if he sounds more like a P, then I'll be corrected. He does have some P characteristics, but when one gets to know him more, I think most everyone would see him as a J.

I'm trying to think of more descriptions...

I'd say he's more philosophical than I am. Into the whole meaning of life stuff.

He dropped studying something he loved for something that would make him decent money.

He has the ability to pick up little things I say casually and then somehow remember them and bring them up later.

sticker

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I think I'll have to go with ISFP, ISTJ, or some type with Fi. Because of this:

He budgets and is anal about his money and is always trying to save...He's also all about not getting ripped off. All about being "fair." Example: If you're my friend I'll happily give you some money and not expect anything in return. Hell, I forget you owe me shit half the time. Not him...the complete opposite.
When I receive presents, I do feel happy and appreciated at first, but it soons becomes a burden because I have to worry about finding a present for them during their birthday. (I know I'm kinda selfish thinking that.) They say they don't mind not getting any presents back in return, but I absolutely dislike the idea of owing someone something or a favour and vice versa. Not sure how much your friend can relate to this.

On the quiet side for sure; comes off as easy going but he really has a lot of anger towards others. He can't let things go...he still brings up things from high school which has been 4 years ago.
I bring up things from 12 years ago. :rofl1: But that was because someone stole my money meant for charity and I still don't know who did it yet. Such dishonesty.. Argh!

He's probably my most emotional friend...more than any of my friends I've seen him cry the most.
Seems like someone with main Fi (ISFP, INFP), especially seeing how he's a guy and isn't bothered about the gender stereotypes.

Also, he's all about putting things into categories...specifically music. He gets all worked up about what genre a group is or what their album is...we like the same kinds of music but does it really matter if some thing a song is emo and some think it is something else?

He takes stuff really seriously too...

The one thing we do have in common(ha, I know it sounds like I'm ripping him) is that we both appreciate authentic people/relationships.
Well, if music is important to him, it wouldn't be a surprise for him wanting to know exactly what type of music he is listening to so that he can source out for more similar songs in the future.

Overall I'll go for ISFP, unless he puts everything in his life (even those that aren't really imporatnt to him) in neat order and catergories, then it'll be a IxTJ but His high Fi seems to override any kind of thinking.

gdhc08

MBTI Type
ISFP
I think I'll have to go with ISFP, ISTJ, or some type with Fi. Because of this:

When I receive presents, I do feel happy and appreciated at first, but it soons becomes a burden because I have to worry about finding a present for them during their birthday. (I know I'm kinda selfish thinking that.) They say they don't mind not getting any presents back in return, but I absolutely dislike the idea of owing someone something or a favour and vice versa. Not sure how much your friend can relate to this.

I bring up things from 12 years ago. :rofl1: But that was because someone stole my money meant for charity and I still don't know who did it yet. Such dishonesty.. Argh!

Seems like someone with main Fi (ISFP, INFP), especially seeing how he's a guy and isn't bothered about the gender stereotypes.

Well, if music is important to him, it wouldn't be a surprise for him wanting to know exactly what type of music he is listening to so that he can source out for more similar songs in the future.

Overall I'll go for ISFP, unless he puts everything in his life (even those that aren't really imporatnt to him) in neat order and catergories, then it'll be a IxTJ but His high Fi seems to override any kind of thinking.

This is a really interesting post. I'm an ISFP and I never thought that he could be one too because we are so different on some things. Like on the music thing, I would say music is a lot more important to me--but outside of the main genres of pop, jazz, rock, rap, country, dance, etc...that's all the farther i go. and the artists i DO like i don't categorize. i don't label things like emo, screamo, etc...hmmm...interesting.