• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I think I'm either ESFJ or ENFP. What are some differences between the two?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hi ISFpeaceOut.

I joined in Jan '09 and quickly decided i was an ESFJ. 2 years later i am still deciding. I am testing enfp these days, far too often but ultimately they are 4 letters which can drive you insane if you let it. Lol. Although it would be nice to know just so you can have some kind of clarification in your mind, i'd say remain a mystery as as soon as people are aware your type (if they know about MBTI) your at a disadvantage.

Fuck them and remain true to yourself .. :hifive:

Good luck.

I'm thinking ENFP after the last post (if I have to choose one of the two options listed).

Reasons: Indecisiveness about which major to choose. Very ENFP areas to look at. Journalism, engineering, computer science, sociology, anthropology. Need to keep family happy and have affirmation, but also a strong drive to be true to self. Wanting to be a teacher (one of my favourite jobs). And trying not to be a burden to others. ENFPs tend to have the problem of adapting too much to accommodate and not be imposing sometimes. There's also something about having potential that rings true.

I don't know many ENFPs who outright hate physics though. It seems to be one of those universal things that asks the biggest why questions. And the big why questions are like a drug for ENFPs. Why you hate it would give some insight into your type.

Holy shit .. The bolded rings true for me. I may become a closet enfp. Maybe.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My wife had exactly the same problem. She would have a problem with getting differing results on these tests, and finally she would give up and declare simply, "I'm just me."

She is an ISFP.

If the Peaceout in your name is something you really mean and believe, and/or something you like to say irl, then you're definitely like my ISFP wife.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I feel like I'm always trying to either relieve someone elses problems or keep myself from being a burden on them. I tend to accomodate people.

I dont really care about what other people think of me, except for my close relatives. For example, I'm in college and I've had a lot of trouble picking a major because I dont want to dissapoint my family.

After a couple of years of not being true to myself I finally broke down and decided to major in sociology and anthropology which is something that Ive always wanted to study. I've always wanted to be a teacher so I'm also taking a bunch of extra math and education classes so that I can have enough to teach in my state as well.

I hope those examples clarify things. :/

This seems ESFJ to me, especially the bolded.

My ESFJ friend is very nurturing, is always thinking about the practical needs of others, and likes to give gifts, even if they're handmade gifts. She is great at "hands on" nurturing and enjoys subject matter that is factual, like health, as opposed to more abstract university subjects, in which she asked for my help. She actually dropped a class because she hated how broadly theoretical it was.

I think ESFJs are also more directly "people oriented" in that they don't want or need *as much* alone time, but of course everyone wants some time to themselves.

My ex is also ESFJ. He's highly organized, his environment usually stays very clean, he's incredible with memorizing meticulous detail about subjects he loves - in fact delves almost obsessively into one particular subject that he loves, maybe two. He goes for depth, not breadth. He jokingly calls himself an "idiot savant" because while he's practically an expert in what he knows about, he isn't especially "intellectual" in his other interests. He cares more about appearances and social norms than I do, though I wouldn't call him a conformist in any way. He has his own style and likes things that are edgy or subversive, but his Fe gives him a sense of tuning in with the group environment, and while he can be almost anti-social in some ways, he maintains weird social traditions, like wanting his name to be first on Christmas gift labels because (in his words) "he's the man." Also enjoys gender roles, like "I'm the guy, I'll carry your groceries and walk on the street side of the sidewalk." Very loyal to his mother and family, almost to the point of ridiculousness, can sometimes be hostile to other people's way of being or frightened by big changes. It's very hard for him to make major changes, though he does like "small" changes, like having access to new movies and new music.

Inconnue

MBTI Type
TiNe
Enneagram
Thanks for clarifying about T/F. Its funny you say that physics might be more of a T thing because Ive actually always hated physics.

I'd say that it's an individual preference, not a type preference. It would be like saying that all INTJ love risk and chess.

Anyway, I'm not very good at finding one's type but your seem more ESFJ to me.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Awesome! I look like an ESFP!

Socionics is totally ghey. :laugh:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Didn't you think you were ESFP at one time?

Well I was told, as a matter of fact, by a couple of people that I looked like an ESFP, and I'm supposing they meant this socionics face typing thing. A few people suggested ESFP for me, other than that, but I think it is unlikely.

I actually went with ISFP for a minute, I didn't really think I'm extroverted enough to be ESFP.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Well I was told, as a matter of fact, by a couple of people that I looked like an ESFP, and I'm supposing they meant this socionics face typing thing. A few people suggested ESFP for me, other than that, but I think it is unlikely.

I actually went with ISFP for a minute, I didn't really think I'm extroverted enough to be ESFP.

But you're extroverted enough to be ENFP?

I doubt that the folks who recommended ESFP to you were going off of these. I've not encountered many folks on this site who are familiar with these, and the few who were did not seem very into them.

I'm not questioning your type, though. You know yourself best.

Inconnue

MBTI Type
TiNe
Enneagram
I'm pretty sure that thing doesn't work (the socionic thing).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
But you're extroverted enough to be ENFP?

I doubt that the folks who recommended ESFP to you were going off of these. I've not encountered many folks on this site who are familiar with these, and the few who were did not seem very into them.

I'm not questioning your type, though. You know yourself best.

Yes I think Se doms can appear more classically extroverted than Ne doms for various reasons, which have been explained to me via function theory.

Inconnue

MBTI Type
TiNe
Enneagram
Why? Did you ring up as an unexpected type?

I'm face blind, I don't really know which type I look like.

But I definetely don't believe in any correlation between physical appearance and personality, it would be like saying that identical twins are always of the same type which doesn't seem to be true, and though I'd agree that part of our personality is probably genetic, I think it's a mixture or "nature" and "nurture".

Facial expression and attitude may be a good indicator but facial features aren't. I've also read about how shoulders, height, finger length could indicate a type and I really consider this to be rubbish because we are bound to see people with various features belonging to the same type. But perhaps the similarities are supposed to be subtle.

I still don't think there's a link between how we look (as in : mostly determined by our genes or external interference, not the way we stand, smile, look at people or dress) and our personality or true identity.

Mind =/= Body.

"You are [insert type here], it's written all over your face." is something I refuse to believe in even though it seems fun and interesting.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
OK, i'll play .. Which type do i look like? I'm unsure .. damn i'm unsure about everything but i'm taking this with a pinch of salt.
Me, yesterday :D
Sassy1.jpg

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always score E and F, but the S/N and J/P always get screwed up.

my scores range are usually either enfp, enfj, esfj, and esfp.

i feel like esfj or enfp fit me the best, but I cant seem to figure it out.

I tend to be pretty detailed oriented. I'm really good at math, although I hated calculus 2 because it was so abstract. On the other hand, I really like my sociology and anthropology classes which are more abstract kind of topics. I also like to have my stuff fairly organized and planned out but I do sometimes start things without finishing and I'm very indecisive. I'm just confused because I seem to fit both descriptions.

You've always struck me as a balanced xSFP, I've never questioned that. (I question a lot of people's ESFPness on here, too. Like Saslou) Your functions are just all coming out slowly and balancing themselves out, I think that can cause some confusion.

I signed up as ESFJ :)doh:) and finally found my ENFP calling. My sister is also ESFJ. I'd be glad to try to answer any questions you might have.

My first impression of you is ESFJ. I can't really base that on anything other than that your description sounds like something my ESFJ sister would write and not like something that I would write.

If I had to compare me and her:
- I seem to "leave people alone" if I get a sense that they don't feel like talking, where she has no problem talking with them and attempting to raise the emotional atmosphere. Sometimes I can't help but view that as inappropriate or 'fake' (but I recognize that it actually isn't).
- She's more prone to wanting comfort--good foods, hot tubs, and so on--than I am. I tend to ignore that stuff, and sometimes it gets the better of me.
- I tend to let information sink in and accept it before I determine whether it 'makes sense' or not, where she prejudges most information right away. (Again, I place no value judgment on either approach.)

Are there any specific points in the profiles that you agree or disagree with?

I thought you were ESFJ when you first signed up, too. Sorely mistaken. (Wasn't there a thread about it?)

OK, i'll play .. Which type do i look like? I'm unsure .. damn i'm unsure about everything but i'm taking this with a pinch of salt.
Sassy1.jpg

I always think you're an ESTJ for some reason. Don't ask for reasons because I don't have any.

ISFPeaceOut

MBTI Type
????
You've always struck me as a balanced xSFP, I've never questioned that. (I question a lot of people's ESFPness on here, too. Like Saslou) Your functions are just all coming out slowly and balancing themselves out, I think that can cause some confusion.

Yeah, I think I may be either an xSFP or XNFP. I definately think there is some Fi in there that is pretty strong. I've realized that I spend a lot of time thinking about what I value and who I am, though a lot of the time it does seem to spawn from some kind of external factor. Like, I'll see something and then start thinking about how I personally feel about it. Sounds kind of like Fi and Se right? Sometimes I don't know if I'm an intuitive type though. I can be very zoned out of things sometimes. But I also always kind of feel like I'm scanning my environment. Everything may not register but I feel like I'm always scanning around.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Yes I think Se doms can appear more classically extroverted than Ne doms for various reasons, which have been explained to me via function theory.

Eh, I don't think that's true.

Sassy1.jpg

INFJ

INFJ.gif