User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 70

  1. #41
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Okay so are you one of those people who think I'm an ESFP? Just curious.
    Yes. But I thought you were ESFP since before I discovered the Filatova drawings. You remind me of my ESFP sister.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  2. #42
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Does this description fit you?
    Interesting facts about the ISFP:
    http://www.personalitydesk.com/isfp
    On personality trait measures, score as Easygoing
    Among types most likely to report heart disease and hypertension
    In college, likely to report low levels of assertiveness
    In essays, projected themselves the fewest number of years into the future of all the types
    Among the types least likely to stay in college
    Most likely of all types to report stress associated with finances and children
    In a national sample, likely to value a work environment which provides security, clear and simple instructions, and no expectation of extra work hours
    Underrepresented among MBA students and small business owners
    Commonly found in occupations in health care, business, and law enforcement
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #43
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yes. But I thought you were ESFP since before I discovered the Filatova drawings. You remind me of my ESFP sister.
    Okay, that's cool. You wouldn't be the only one.

    I relate the xSFP need for freedom and way of taking independent, pragmatic action. I also have the lively story-teller quality, and some aspects of ESFP and ENFP overlap. I'm also a nature lover - which is strongly associated with ISFPs I think - and I began performing at a very young age.

    On the other hand, I've always been extremely bookish - but then again, so was Zelda Fitzgerald, a very talented writer with a large (and witty) spoken vocabulary, and I believe her to be an ESFP.

    The ENFP/ESFP overlap qualities are the shorter attention span with anything that seems "boring" or too much like work, the tendency to "jump around" in conversation, and the need to travel/experience new things/"oooh shiny."

    The reason why I don't think Se dom was a good match, though, is because many ESFP descriptions say they can't stand to be alone, and that's just not necessarily true in my case, and I also don't think I have their skill in being sharply alert to the external environment. That's why I considered ISFP more seriously, because it put Se in the aux position, and Ni in the tert position, and tert Ni might explain my love of metaphor and things like that in literature.

    On Personality Nation some people argued in a thread about me between SFP and NFP, but two people with pretty extensive knowledge of function theory said I seem to value Ne/Si over Se/Ni.

  4. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ????
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Does this description fit you?
    Interesting facts about the ISFP:
    http://www.personalitydesk.com/isfp
    On personality trait measures, score as Easygoing I think I'm easygoing.
    Among types most likely to report heart disease and hypertension
    In college, likely to report low levels of assertiveness Yeah
    In essays, projected themselves the fewest number of years into the future of all the types Not sure
    Among the types least likely to stay in college I don't relate to this. College has been kind of annoying for me, but I never considered quitting.
    Most likely of all types to report stress associated with finances and children. I'm still in college and don't have kids, so I don't know.
    In a national sample, likely to value a work environment which provides security, clear and simple instructions, and no expectation of extra work hours I guess
    Underrepresented among MBA students and small business owners Yeah, I have no interest in business at all.
    Commonly found in occupations in health care, business, and law enforcement

    Sorry for the vague answers (the bolded part).

    Lets see if I can give any info that might be helpful so you guys can help me.

    I'm kind of shy and I always have been. Sometimes I don't mind approaching people if I have a question or something to say but sometimes I can be really nervous about it. I get the most nervous when I realize that people are actually paying attention to what I'm saying.

    Um, I think I want to be a teacher, although I don't know if I can handle it. If I can't, I don't know what else I'd do with my life. Sometimes I think that I'm going to end up doing some kind of clerical/secretary type job because it may be the only thing I can handle, but this thought also is very depressing to me. I kind of have a fear of responsibility even though I would like to do something "big" with my lfie. I'm afraid that someone will trust me with the responsibility to do something and that I will fail or mess it up. Because of this I tend to do things that are probably beneath my actual capabilities. Again, its kind of depressing that I do that to myself.

    I spend most of my free time on the computer listening to music, playing video games, or going various places with my close friends and family. I just got a job so starting tomorrow, I'll be spending my time there as well. I do spend quite a bit of time contemplating things, although I wouldn't necessarily call it deep thought. Sometimes, I literally just have songs running through my head over and over again and think about how awesome it sounds. Other times, I'm daydreaming about accepting my academy award or performing at the grammys (<--that sounds a lot lamer thant i thought now that i've actually typed it out. lol). Sometimes it surprises me when people have such deep, passionate opinions about certain topics because it seems like it must take a lot of information and contemplation to come up with such a passionate opinion. I tend to forget that a lot of people just spew a bunch of b.s. and don't really know what they're talking about. So I spend a lot of time in my head, but not in deep thought as much

    I don't know what else to say, but incase I just made myself sound like a complete idiot with all the stuff I wrote above, I guess I could say that I've always been a straight A student and in gifted classes. I really like school, although unlike just about ever other person I've met, I like middle school and high school more than I like college. I still get really good grades in college but I don't like the atomsphere. I just like to learn without worrying about careers.

    If you have any questions just let me know.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ISFPeaceOut View Post
    Other times, I'm daydreaming about accepting my academy award or performing at the grammys (<--that sounds a lot lamer thant i thought now that i've actually typed it out. lol).
    That is actually quite useful information because I've read questions referring to things like that on personality tests. Daydreaming about winning an award someday etc. is a helpful typological trait to know about. I'm grateful you didn't delete it.

    Different types engage in daydreams like that, and while they all do it for an escape, some types are more interested in the intensity of emotion gotten out of the experience than others. For some types it is just a way of spacing-out. The content of the daydream makes a difference too, of course. Some daydream about poetry and philosophy, others have daydreams like yours that are more focused on a fantasies about real things, such as an S would have.

    "I just like to learn without worrying about careers." Absorbing concrete knowledge is an S trait. Not being particularly goal-oriented is a P trait. But the daydream part of your comment really points toward the ISFP, for me. Not because I want to confirm my previous hypothesis, but because it just fits your descriptions.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ????
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Yeah, things seem to be pointing back to ISFP.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    My first instinct worked for my self-typing. The MBTI wasn't very difficult. But with the Enneagram I started out thinking I was the 5, then I went with 4 for about a month. After that wore off I went back to 5 again.

    Then again, I may have been a type 4 during that one month out of my entire life. It was a period of very rapid personal integration.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #48
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    I haven't read the thread, but based on the title alone, probably ESFJ. I cannot see any ENFP mistyping as an SJ
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  9. #49
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    But you're extroverted enough to be ENFP?

    I doubt that the folks who recommended ESFP to you were going off of these. I've not encountered many folks on this site who are familiar with these, and the few who were did not seem very into them.

    I'm not questioning your type, though. You know yourself best.
    most ESFPs that I know are like twice as extraverted as ENFPs(at least when they're younger. E/I tends to stabilize a lot with age). ENFPs are theoretical and reflective
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  10. #50
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I haven't read the thread, but based on the title alone, probably ESFJ. I cannot see any ENFP mistyping as an SJ
    Actually it's very very possible. ENFPs may very much be confused for ESTJ, especially those who have a stronger Te developed. There was a case in which an ENFP was almost smack bang between the ENFP/ESTJ descriptions it took quite the endless effort to try and pin down a type for her and she'd still be slightly confused by it. Though, in my thoughts it's far more liable for an SJ to be able to more quickly pin down a type for themselves in difference to an NFP so your argument kind of cancels out there.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFPs: what are we like in relationships?
    By StarFollowed in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2016, 01:49 AM
  2. [INFJ] ENTP or ENFP? (what's you preference?)
    By Studmuffin23 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2015, 10:01 PM
  3. is she ENFJ, ESFJ or ENFP?
    By revolve in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 10:42 PM
  4. INTJ OR ISTJ? WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFERENCES
    By Betty Blue in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 02:31 PM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 03:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO