User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 70

  1. #21
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Hi ISFpeaceOut.

    I joined in Jan '09 and quickly decided i was an ESFJ. 2 years later i am still deciding. I am testing enfp these days, far too often but ultimately they are 4 letters which can drive you insane if you let it. Lol. Although it would be nice to know just so you can have some kind of clarification in your mind, i'd say remain a mystery as as soon as people are aware your type (if they know about MBTI) your at a disadvantage.

    Fuck them and remain true to yourself ..

    Good luck.



    Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I'm thinking ENFP after the last post (if I have to choose one of the two options listed).

    Reasons: Indecisiveness about which major to choose. Very ENFP areas to look at. Journalism, engineering, computer science, sociology, anthropology. Need to keep family happy and have affirmation, but also a strong drive to be true to self. Wanting to be a teacher (one of my favourite jobs). And trying not to be a burden to others. ENFPs tend to have the problem of adapting too much to accommodate and not be imposing sometimes. There's also something about having potential that rings true.

    I don't know many ENFPs who outright hate physics though. It seems to be one of those universal things that asks the biggest why questions. And the big why questions are like a drug for ENFPs. Why you hate it would give some insight into your type.
    Holy shit .. The bolded rings true for me. I may become a closet enfp. Maybe.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  2. #22
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    My wife had exactly the same problem. She would have a problem with getting differing results on these tests, and finally she would give up and declare simply, "I'm just me."

    She is an ISFP.
    If the Peaceout in your name is something you really mean and believe, and/or something you like to say irl, then you're definitely like my ISFP wife.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #23
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ISFPeaceOut View Post
    I feel like I'm always trying to either relieve someone elses problems or keep myself from being a burden on them. I tend to accomodate people.

    I dont really care about what other people think of me, except for my close relatives. For example, I'm in college and I've had a lot of trouble picking a major because I dont want to dissapoint my family.


    After a couple of years of not being true to myself I finally broke down and decided to major in sociology and anthropology which is something that Ive always wanted to study. I've always wanted to be a teacher so I'm also taking a bunch of extra math and education classes so that I can have enough to teach in my state as well.

    I hope those examples clarify things. :/
    This seems ESFJ to me, especially the bolded.

    My ESFJ friend is very nurturing, is always thinking about the practical needs of others, and likes to give gifts, even if they're handmade gifts. She is great at "hands on" nurturing and enjoys subject matter that is factual, like health, as opposed to more abstract university subjects, in which she asked for my help. She actually dropped a class because she hated how broadly theoretical it was.

    I think ESFJs are also more directly "people oriented" in that they don't want or need *as much* alone time, but of course everyone wants some time to themselves.

    My ex is also ESFJ. He's highly organized, his environment usually stays very clean, he's incredible with memorizing meticulous detail about subjects he loves - in fact delves almost obsessively into one particular subject that he loves, maybe two. He goes for depth, not breadth. He jokingly calls himself an "idiot savant" because while he's practically an expert in what he knows about, he isn't especially "intellectual" in his other interests. He cares more about appearances and social norms than I do, though I wouldn't call him a conformist in any way. He has his own style and likes things that are edgy or subversive, but his Fe gives him a sense of tuning in with the group environment, and while he can be almost anti-social in some ways, he maintains weird social traditions, like wanting his name to be first on Christmas gift labels because (in his words) "he's the man." Also enjoys gender roles, like "I'm the guy, I'll carry your groceries and walk on the street side of the sidewalk." Very loyal to his mother and family, almost to the point of ridiculousness, can sometimes be hostile to other people's way of being or frightened by big changes. It's very hard for him to make major changes, though he does like "small" changes, like having access to new movies and new music.

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    TiNe
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ISFPeaceOut View Post
    Thanks for clarifying about T/F. Its funny you say that physics might be more of a T thing because Ive actually always hated physics.
    I'd say that it's an individual preference, not a type preference. It would be like saying that all INTJ love risk and chess.

    Anyway, I'm not very good at finding one's type but your seem more ESFJ to me.
    Feel no shame for what you are...

    INTP
    5w4 or 5w6 sp/so

  5. #25
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Which one do you look like?

    http://www.socionics.org/type/default.aspx
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  6. #26
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Awesome! I look like an ESFP!

    Socionics is totally ghey.

  7. #27
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Awesome! I look like an ESFP!

    Socionics is totally ghey.
    Didn't you think you were ESFP at one time?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  8. #28
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Didn't you think you were ESFP at one time?
    Well I was told, as a matter of fact, by a couple of people that I looked like an ESFP, and I'm supposing they meant this socionics face typing thing. A few people suggested ESFP for me, other than that, but I think it is unlikely.

    I actually went with ISFP for a minute, I didn't really think I'm extroverted enough to be ESFP.

  9. #29
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Well I was told, as a matter of fact, by a couple of people that I looked like an ESFP, and I'm supposing they meant this socionics face typing thing. A few people suggested ESFP for me, other than that, but I think it is unlikely.

    I actually went with ISFP for a minute, I didn't really think I'm extroverted enough to be ESFP.
    But you're extroverted enough to be ENFP?

    I doubt that the folks who recommended ESFP to you were going off of these. I've not encountered many folks on this site who are familiar with these, and the few who were did not seem very into them.

    I'm not questioning your type, though. You know yourself best.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    TiNe
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    59

    Default

    I'm pretty sure that thing doesn't work (the socionic thing).
    Feel no shame for what you are...

    INTP
    5w4 or 5w6 sp/so

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFPs: what are we like in relationships?
    By StarFollowed in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2016, 01:49 AM
  2. [INFJ] ENTP or ENFP? (what's you preference?)
    By Studmuffin23 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2015, 10:01 PM
  3. is she ENFJ, ESFJ or ENFP?
    By revolve in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 10:42 PM
  4. INTJ OR ISTJ? WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFERENCES
    By Betty Blue in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 02:31 PM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 03:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO