User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by jzend001 View Post
    Thanks for clarifying about T/F. Its funny you say that physics might be more of a T thing because Ive actually always hated physics.
    lol-maybe I'm the T then

Srsly-T/F is just preferences. Don't think it says much about ability. And as we know, preference does not have to be things you do best, might even be the things you do the worst... In addition for RL it's relative, and imo few us are truly singular.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

ESFJ 3w2... just a guess... what do the rest of you guys think?

I'm thinking ENFP after the last post (if I have to choose one of the two options listed).

Reasons: Indecisiveness about which major to choose. Very ENFP areas to look at. Journalism, engineering, computer science, sociology, anthropology. Need to keep family happy and have affirmation, but also a strong drive to be true to self. Wanting to be a teacher (one of my favourite jobs). And trying not to be a burden to others. ENFPs tend to have the problem of adapting too much to accommodate and not be imposing sometimes. There's also something about having potential that rings true.

I don't know many ENFPs who outright hate physics though. It seems to be one of those universal things that asks the biggest why questions. And the big why questions are like a drug for ENFPs. Why you hate it would give some insight into your type.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I don't know many ENFPs who outright hate physics though. It seems to be one of those universal things that asks the biggest why questions. And the big why questions are like a drug for ENFPs. Why you hate it would give some insight into your type.
    Hmm...I think that might be more of a male thing. And even so, for all my love of physics discussion, extrapolation, theorization...as an actual school subject I found it limiting...because it's often too much about re-applying the same rules over and over again....well, kinda like science in general

It's not easy to be creative about it...and as much as ENFPs might love "why?" they might still prefer "what if?".

MBTI
    ????

You know, I'd like to bump this thread because I'm questioning my type again. I honestly have no idea what I am. All of the stuff I said in the posts above still stands. And I'm open to other options than just ENFP and ESFJ.

Any help or insight would be lovely.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ISFPeaceOut View Post
    You know, I'd like to bump this thread because I'm questioning my type again. I honestly have no idea what I am. All of the stuff I said in the posts above still stands. And I'm open to other options than just ENFP and ESFJ.

I grant thee permission to be both ENFP and ESFJ. There may be a strong preference for both. Consider my sig, I have INTP and ENTP, the former just happens to be a slightly greater preference for me. And sometimes I can be ISTJ. The idea that one or the other has to dominate is probably just a myth.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Glycerine

They are so radically different. I suspect ENFP....definitely.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Thank you for all the replies. I seemed to identify most with Fi, Se, and Fe. I did identify with Ne in the sense that I'm pretty good at improvising. For example, Ive always been really good at putting things like new furniture together, but I never read the directions. They're more of a last resort.

Also, I dont know if this has anything to do with type but I'm really good at playing music on the piano by ear and I also am excellent with maps and navigating. Like I said, I dont know if any of this is relevent to the myers-briggs types, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
    Improvising, I think can come quite easily to those of Se-dominance, as well as Ne. Also, musical "gifts" are typically seen as being more Se type traits. Have you considered ESFP or ISFP? ESFP's are considered your Performers and ISFP's are considered your Artists or Composers. Not that this is always the case. Maybe if you were to list WHY you think you're an ENFP or ESFJ might be helpful. ENFP's are considered your Idealists or Inspirers and ESFJ's are considered your Traditionalist or Guardians. Perhaps a better understanding of Fi and Fe, Si and Se and Ni and Ne, might be helpful to your search for type.

Another thing I'd like to add is that its always perplexed me a little bit that I'm and F and not a T. People's feelings are very important to me and I do take them into consideration when making decisions, but I've also been known as "the smart one" all of my life. I did better than all of the boys in my computer science class and I even won first place in the math bowl out of 27 different schools. I also really like puzzles and sudoku. I have so many "nerdy" thinking qualities that its weird that I dont type as a thinker.
    Being a feeler doesn't mean you're dumb or suck at being analytical or figuring out puzzles. It simply means you have a preference to be more subjective or value oriented rather than objective. And then there's the difference between Fi and Fe. With Fi, often our emotions are part of our identity, as well as the fact that we base things upon our subjective values. Fe is concerned more for others emotions and less with their own. Fi can be as well, but it's typically because they don't want to disturb their own peace.

I'm personally not the best in helping to define the differences between Fi and Fe, but I'm sure you can find plenty of research via google or reading around the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I'm thinking ENFP after the last post (if I have to choose one of the two options listed).

Reasons: Indecisiveness about which major to choose. Very ENFP areas to look at. Journalism, engineering, computer science, sociology, anthropology. Need to keep family happy and have affirmation, but also a strong drive to be true to self. Wanting to be a teacher (one of my favourite jobs). And trying not to be a burden to others. ENFPs tend to have the problem of adapting too much to accommodate and not be imposing sometimes. There's also something about having potential that rings true.

Honestly, I think indecisiveness if more of a Perceiving quality than it is an ENFP quality.

Like I said, I think you may be more of an Artisan temperament than an Idealist or Guardian. Look into xSFP, perhaps.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ????

As you can see by my screename, at one point I was convinced I was an ISFP and then I later decided that ESFP fit better. Then I began questioning it again. Sometimes I think I get a little to boxed in when I settle on a type so I start looking for a new type. . This thread is a little over a year old so I don't remember why it was just between ESFJ or ENFP. But now I'm open to all the types.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

As you can see by my screename, at one point I was convinced I was an ISFP and then I later decided that ESFP fit better. Then I began questioning it again. Sometimes I think I get a little to boxed in when I settle on a type so I start looking for a new type. . This thread is a little over a year old so I don't remember why it was just between ESFJ or ENFP. But now I'm open to all the types.
    My wife had exactly the same problem. She would have a problem with getting differing results on these tests, and finally she would give up and declare simply, "I'm just me."

She is an ISFP.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”