• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

do YOU think she's ENFP?

revolve

so my friend took the test a few years ago, came out ENFP & yep that's me, without any doubt or hesitation . . . i know many enfp's irl but this girl is different . . . what do ya'll think?

- she has few select friends who she sees very regularly & who she has known since childhood (seems to have problems making new friends, as she doesn't trust people in general)
- has a bachelors degree is psychology from a private christian college
- her sense of humor is primarily sexual in nature
- she is having an affair with a married man for several years now & is actually quite happy with the situation
- she has a very low tolerance for "brainstorming" & just wants to make plans or decisions quickly
- she walks slow, talks slow & thinks slow
- she is extremely passive aggressive . . . which is actually one of her defining characteristics in relationships (esp. in the workplace) but when she "reflects" upon it, has a type of "pride" - - almost like she thinks it's her little secret fun power & she has no problem admitting it.
- she is in her early 30's if that helps with anything

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I agree that she doesn't seem ENFP. I can address my cliched guesses from each point :).

- she has few select friends who she sees very regularly & who she has known since childhood (seems to have problems making new friends, as she doesn't trust people in general)

This might suggest she is an introvert. I can be slow to make new friends, but it is more being picky than anything. Most ENFPs don't have much trouble meeting and talking to people if they get out of their house and are not in a really uncomfortable environment. I keep in contact with old friends and I prefer close friends as a friendship group to the new and the flashy though.

Not sure what type this points to. ENFPs usually like psychology, but so do most of the more common types on this board.

I know some ENFPs can like this, but it is an area which I am conservative about. It seems like unnecessary or cheap humour. I'd do it most often in flirty conversations, and it wouldn't be the standard jokes.

- she is having an affair with a married man for several years now & is actually quite happy with the situation

Couldn't do (not only because I'm male). I know ESFPs who don't mind the idea. Not sure about other types.

- she has a very low tolerance for "brainstorming" & just wants to make plans or decisions quickly

Maybe ESFP again. Ones I know just want to do stuff. Not like the J decisiveness, just lets get into action. Very unlikely that she is an ENFP who hates brainstorming.

Not really ENFP or ESFP. Both are rushing out to greet the world or find ideas. Not sure.

- she is extremely passive aggressive . . . which is actually one of her defining characteristics in relationships (esp. in the workplace) but when she "reflects" upon it, has a type of "pride" - - almost like she thinks it's her little secret fun power & she has no problem admitting it.

No idea. I think it's just a personal trait rather than a personality type trait.

First things to hit me when I read it were INFP INFJ ESFP. All are quite easy to mistype as ENFP.

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP

Seems like an introvert, unless she is suffering from social anxiety/has had bad experiences which have made her cautious around people.

Could be any number of types.

Doesn't rule out ENFP, but I don't think this points to a particular type.

I think any type could be capable of having an affair (including an ENFP, since Fi is so individualistic). But the fact that she's happy with the affair and has carried it on for several years sounds like Si getting into a routine and then sticking to what it knows ... so maybe ISxJ?

Agree that this sounds SP.

Sounds I, maybe even INxx?

The passive aggressiveness sounds like unhealthy F.

Ok, I don't know if that was helpful at all, haha. She sounds IxFx, but I don't think there's enough here to determine N vs. S or J vs. P.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
NO! She probably IS ENFP. I have had three close friends and relatives take the test that I could of sworn were ISFPs because of demeanor, and yet they swear that ENFP fits them. And upon further analysis, they usually do fit!

you can be "laid back" and still be:

Extraverted Intuition makes sense of the world by seeing ways to incorporate what is known into a broader context--breaking through the limits of current concepts. For example, sensing, before nearly anyone else, that high-bandwidth communication networks would "change the rules" of commerce. As an epistemological perspective, Ne leads you to practice "out of the box" thinking. There are never any final answers, just more and more opportunities to shift concepts and make sense of things in new ways. Whatever we think things mean today, we'll probably find out tomorrow they mean something different. As an ethical perspective, Ne leads you to take risks and dive into the unknown--stacking the deck to some extent by diving into areas that look especially fertile, but genuinely entering the unknown and allowing it to send your mind in new directions. If you don't know, just guess! Try something, and information will come to you--but only if you stir up the pot. From an Ne perspective, life is a succession of opportunities to pounce on, each opportunity opening up more that you can't yet see.

I think its a typology realization to many that ENXJs and ESXPs can be far more "loud" and "expressive" than ENXPs. Dont get offended, but its just something I've noticed. Its a Se vs Ne difference. I think ENXPs can be way more laid back and almost appear ISFP.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
she has few select friends who she sees very regularly & who she has known since childhood (seems to have problems making new friends, as she doesn't trust people in general)

"- she is having an affair with a married man for several years now & is actually quite happy with the situation" because she knows what people are capable of;) ENFP are the most introverted of the Es. these select friends have accepted her along time ago...(her emo-ness)NFP

no clue

slow wits in humor due to being polarised by conflicting personal values and current situation seeming content but perhaps, somewhere in the back of her mind, she knows the chains are binding. until the soul is clear, the wit can't express.

living in a false sense of security. if her bandaid looses it's stick, the wound will show. hmm. i prolly should explain. if she lets go and brainstorms a little, she might like where that leads but might be shyin away from it because it probably is what lead her to where she is now.

binding chains tend to do that. isn't naturaly content with current situation. very hard to spot depression in the ENFP- she walks slow, talks slow & thinks slow

ah, there is a part of herself she is maintaining honesty about in order to not completely loose touch with herself alltogether. she knows that is 1 thing she can use possitively later on (even on herself)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
so my friend took the test a few years ago, came out ENFP & yep that's me, without any doubt or hesitation . . . i know many enfp's irl but this girl is different . . . what do ya'll think?

1. I'm like point one as well. I'm choosy about friends.
2. I also have a bachelor's degree (in poli sci) from a private Catholic Jesuit university.
3. Sometimes my humor is bizarre or crude, but what the hell? I can temper it if need be.
4. I could never have an affair with a married man, and IF I did, I would feel totally uncomfortable with the situation.
5. I enjoy brainstorming a hell of a lot, but I need to see steps forward, or I get VERY grumpy.
6. I walk slowly because I have short legs and take short, rapid steps.
7. I talk relatively slowly because I've trained myself to slow down and think before I talk too much. Otherwise everything comes out all jumbled because my thoughts rush upon me like a wave. Besides, I teach EFL, so it was good training for me to slow down and think before I talk.
8. Not sure what you mean with the whole passive-aggressive thing.
9. For reference, I'll be turning 30 in less than a month.