User Tag List

View Poll Results: Type?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTJ

    4 40.00%
  • ISFJ

    2 20.00%
  • ESTJ

    1 10.00%
  • ESFJ

    0 0%
  • INTP

    0 0%
  • INFP

    1 10.00%
  • ENTP

    0 0%
  • ESTP

    0 0%
  • others that don't use Ne and Si, please elaborate

    2 20.00%
First 12

Results 11 to 16 of 16

  1. #11
    The King Liason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Liason and Sticker, I get this feeling/vibe from you two:
    ;D ah YLJ you crack me up.
    The Symbol of the King*The Absolute Does Not Exist*Kingship Will Bring Me Freedom
    5w4-4w5-1w9

  2. #12
    Senior Member sticker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    ISTp
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Liason and Sticker, I get this feeling/vibe from you two:
    Which ones are Liason and me?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    I can relate to some of what you write. I'm wondering if some of it is more due to how you were raised, than just what type you are? I get the thing about the gifts. I, too, feel like getting a gift can be an obligation and a burden. I was taught that if you get something, you must give something back. However, I get great joy from giving gifts and expecting nothing in return, so I've been learning to project that attitude onto others and receive things gracefully. And the same goes for friendship. I learned that I'm a pest and a burden (I was an accidental, unwanted pregnancy and much younger than my siblings) from the way I was treated growing up. Whenever I ask for something I need, I feel I'm imposing and undeserving. I feel that people will only like me for being useful to them. This may or may not be exaggerated by what type I am, but I don't think it's wholly due to my type. I have some very close friends now, who I feel comfortable with, but I constantly check with them to make sure I'm not abusing their friendship in any way.
    Ah, for me, it's more of a 'If you don't bother me, I don't bother you. I don't want to owe you anything and I don't want you to owe me anything either.' I do have close friends, but I do not fear that I'm abusing our friendship (or at least in the kind of way I think you are thinking.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    I see objects and patterns on floors and in other surfaces, too. I, however, like to draw and have used those as inspiration for my drawings. And I do the lame puns and jokes that no one gets. I'm not quite as extreme on the dress thing (I will wear them if I have to), but I'm with you on the expensive handbags, etc.
    Yup, I use them as inspiration too. As for lame puns and jokes, all of my friends get it because most seem to be xNxxs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    I said in a previous post that "Instead of thinking about doing it, planning when to do it, planning how to do it, ruminating over doing it, complaining about doing it, wishing I didn't have to do it, and otherwise just plain procrastinating...I should just DO it. Do it NOW. Get it over with. How simple is that concept? Obviously not that simple for me." What you said about yourself is a bit different--that you've thought about it so much that you feel like it's already done--but maybe you can relate to this.
    Yes, I really relate to this. It takes a whole lot of motivation to get me start and finish something unless it's something I'm interested in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    I'm too new to all of this to even try to tell you what type you might be, but hopefully, some of this will be helpful in some way. Good luck! (By the way, I think I'm INFJ with a well-developed T, if that's any help.)
    Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I can see Si in what you say about yourself, and I think it might be dominant over Ne. I also think feeling is introverted and thinking extroverted. I'm geeting the Si clearer than anything else, so I'll assume its dominant. which means Te is auxilary. Over all, I think the test got it right for a change - ISTJ.
    I highly agree with my Si being higher than Ne. For feelings, Fi is most likely preferred. The only part of Fe that I'm prone to using is expressing how I feel I feel about something. I seem to lack empathy. However, I tend to have the impression that most ISTJs are less expressive about themselves and are good at being stolid. (My dad is a great example of an ISTJ and I can hardly relate to him with regards to expressing feelings.)
    I'm not so sure for thinking. I think more than I do and dislike ordering people around or giving them instructions unless I have to. I'm not consistent with doing my homework and end up rushing them last minute (sometimes not sleeping at all during the night before submission to complete it). Currently, I'm in a group working on a 3D game as a year long project. I'm a terrible team player and often got into disagreements. I'm usually laid back, but I can't believe the group members, especially the group leader, were way more laid back than me. With my results at stake, (If I fail this module, I have to retain for a year) I reluctantly paired up with a group member (ENFJ who loves planning O.o) to plan for the group even we did not have authority to. We ended up starting the ball rolling, I immediately got my hands off and left all the planning to him.
    Everyone is unique. ...Just like everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Video Challenge

  3. #13
    Supreme High Commander Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sticker View Post

    I highly agree with my Si being higher than Ne. For feelings, Fi is most likely preferred. The only part of Fe that I'm prone to using is expressing how I feel I feel about something. I seem to lack empathy. However, I tend to have the impression that most ISTJs are less expressive about themselves and are good at being stolid. (My dad is a great example of an ISTJ and I can hardly relate to him with regards to expressing feelings.)
    I'm not so sure for thinking. I think more than I do and dislike ordering people around or giving them instructions unless I have to. I'm not consistent with doing my homework and end up rushing them last minute (sometimes not sleeping at all during the night before submission to complete it). Currently, I'm in a group working on a 3D game as a year long project. I'm a terrible team player and often got into disagreements. I'm usually laid back, but I can't believe the group members, especially the group leader, were way more laid back than me. With my results at stake, (If I fail this module, I have to retain for a year) I reluctantly paired up with a group member (ENFJ who loves planning O.o) to plan for the group even we did not have authority to. We ended up starting the ball rolling, I immediately got my hands off and left all the planning to him.
    The essence of Te is being concerned about completing goals. As he discused in your other thread, one doesn't necessarily have to be good at the things commonly associated with a function for it to be prominant, just as long as that sort of thing is important to you and shapes your thinking.

    Look again at your little discription above. What comes over is how important completing the goal was to you. It's just that you are still young and unsure about how to go about the task. You have the desire to see the project completed, but the actual skills are still developing. To me, that seems consisted with an inexperienced person with a strong Te function.

  4. #14
    Senior Member sticker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    ISTp
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    The essence of Te is being concerned about completing goals. As he discused in your other thread, one doesn't necessarily have to be good at the things commonly associated with a function for it to be prominant, just as long as that sort of thing is important to you and shapes your thinking.

    Look again at your little discription above. What comes over is how important completing the goal was to you. It's just that you are still young and unsure about how to go about the task. You have the desire to see the project completed, but the actual skills are still developing. To me, that seems consisted with an inexperienced person with a strong Te function.
    I do agree that completing the goal was important to me (not that I liked it, it was either that or waste a year of my life being retained. x.x)
    Also, thank you so much for taking the time to reply on this thread and the other one.

    The Enigmatic ISTp - Wikisocion
    I checked up socionics and found that I can relate to most of what that article says, especially these few points. (I'm taking that sconionics ISTp is MBTI's ISTJ?)

    ISTps may seem quite laid back and easy going at first, and they might also lack initiative, because they chose comfort and relaxing over actually “getting things done”. In a physical sense, they like to be in harmonious environments. They don’t like others interrupting their peace. This applies while either doing work or spending leisure time with friends. They don’t like to be rushed or live by schedules, and they take their time enjoying their surroundings.
    When they either feel harmed or frustrated, their generally placid appearance quickly turns fiery and aggressive. In their aggression, they might hit or throw something to let their energy out.
    Some ISTps may stop caring for love altogether if they were hurt enough in the past. They may even forget about the possibility of caring for someone again, trying to sooth their mind. IN these extreme cases, the ISTp may only show affection towards pets, because pets never judge you.

    Not sure if the first part of the previous paragraph applies, but the second part does a whole lot.

    So... any other opinions from anyone else before I settle on ISTJ? (for now, lol)
    Everyone is unique. ...Just like everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Video Challenge

  5. #15
    Supreme High Commander Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sticker View Post
    I do agree that completing the goal was important to me (not that I liked it, it was either that or waste a year of my life being retained. x.x)
    Also, thank you so much for taking the time to reply on this thread and the other one.

    The Enigmatic ISTp - Wikisocion
    I checked up socionics and found that I can relate to most of what that article says, especially these few points. (I'm taking that sconionics ISTp is MBTI's ISTJ?)

    ISTps may seem quite laid back and easy going at first, and they might also lack initiative, because they chose comfort and relaxing over actually “getting things done”. In a physical sense, they like to be in harmonious environments. They don’t like others interrupting their peace. This applies while either doing work or spending leisure time with friends. They don’t like to be rushed or live by schedules, and they take their time enjoying their surroundings.
    When they either feel harmed or frustrated, their generally placid appearance quickly turns fiery and aggressive. In their aggression, they might hit or throw something to let their energy out.
    Some ISTps may stop caring for love altogether if they were hurt enough in the past. They may even forget about the possibility of caring for someone again, trying to sooth their mind. IN these extreme cases, the ISTp may only show affection towards pets, because pets never judge you.

    Not sure if the first part of the previous paragraph applies, but the second part does a whole lot.

    So... any other opinions from anyone else before I settle on ISTJ? (for now, lol)
    I think that socionic ISTp is the nearest thing equivilant to MBTI ISTJ. Mind you, I'm not expert on socionics. Stick down ISTJ for the moment. You can always change it later, if you feel the need.

  6. #16
    Senior Member sticker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    ISTp
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Video response the the type challenge here.
    sticker typec video challenge on Vimeo
    Ok, I'm camera shy and a basket case when I'm aware that I'm being filmed or have all the attention drawn to me. You can pretty much say this isn't me when I'm relaxed, this is me when I'm stressed. I stutter, I forget stuff, I forget which questions were already done, I take a long time thinking about how to answer those questions, I do things I can't explain. There were so many things I wanted to say in the video but I ended up forgetting them all when the camera started rolling. I express myself better through typing than talking and have a hard time articulating things I want to say. It was a difficult decision not to retake another video and use the first one so that it really shows how I am when I do not have any preparations. Hope you don't mind the accent. If it's so terrible that you guys need a translation, I'll provide one. Thanks for the kind understanding.

    edt: Using scionics to pick out adjectives that I think describes myself since well, I think adjectives are more accurate than asking what I like or dislike.
    Normal mode
    Ambiguous, Careful, Careless, Daydreamer, Desirous, Detached, Discoverer, Do-not-disturb, Doubtful, Down-to-earth, Fanciless, Fickle, Fictive, Frank, Heedful, Hesitating, Homebody, Ideational, Incogitative, Incoherent, Indecisive, Indrawn, Inferential, Inflexible, Inimical, Insatiable, Intellectual, Introvert, Inward, Logically-minded, Loner, Matter-of-fact, Mawkish, Meandering, Non-concrete, Orderly, Outspoken, Over-realistic, Practical, Principled, Private, Ratiocinative, Rational, Reasoner, Recluse, Rigid, Scatter-brained, Shy, Swerving, Talkative, Thoughtful, Timid, Uncertain, Unenthusiastic, Unromantic, Unsentimental, Unsociable, Unsympathetic, Variable, Wandering, Wavering, Wishful-thinker, Withdrawn
    Reversed mode
    NOT Adoring, NOT Affable, NOT Affectionate, NOT Audacious, NOT Bold, NOT Carefree, NOT Certain, NOT Closemouthed, NOT Cocky, NOT Covetous, NOT Decisive, NOT Determinative, NOT Doubtless, NOT Ebullient, NOT Enthusiastic, NOT Extrovert, NOT Gluttonous, NOT Gushy, NOT Irrational, NOT Kind-hearted, NOT Leader, NOT Lovey-dovey, NOT Maudlin, NOT Mushy, NOT Over-confident, NOT Physical, NOT Planner, NOT Popular, NOT Resolute, NOT Romantic, NOT Schmaltzy, NOT Soft-hearted, NOT Unemotional, NOT Unhesitating, NOT Unswerving, NOT Unwavering
    http://www.socionics.com/sta/sta-1-r...i2iIry2w1gvvg:
    Everyone is unique. ...Just like everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Video Challenge

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] Can anyone explain this for me?
    By daftpunkcrunk in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 01:25 PM
  2. Jeeze, took him long enough!
    By Wade Wilson in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 08:41 PM
  3. This makes me happy, very, very happy.
    By Atomic Fiend in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-30-2009, 05:57 PM
  4. What does it mean if this makes me want to hang myself?
    By swordpath in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 09:33 PM
  5. This is me...in a nutshell.
    By JediM05 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-21-2007, 05:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO