• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

This took me long enough...

Type?

• ISTJ

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTP

• INFP

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • ENTP

• ESTP

• others that don't use Ne and Si, please elaborate

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

sticker

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Edit: Video response the the type challenge here.
sticker typec video challenge on Vimeo
Ok, I'm camera shy and a basket case when I'm aware that I'm being filmed or have all the attention drawn to me. You can pretty much say this isn't me when I'm relaxed, this is me when I'm stressed. I stutter, I forget stuff, I forget which questions were already done, I take a long time thinking about how to answer those questions, I do things I can't explain. There were so many things I wanted to say in the video but I ended up forgetting them all when the camera started rolling. I express myself better through typing than talking and have a hard time articulating things I want to say. :emot-emo: It was a difficult decision not to retake another video and use the first one so that it really shows how I am when I do not have any preparations. Hope you don't mind the accent. If it's so terrible that you guys need a translation, I'll provide one. Thanks for the kind understanding.

Note: This post has been proofread and edited by Liason, an INTJ. (Thank you so much, once again.) It used to be twice as long.

I have realized that most of what I typed isn't useful anymore after understanding more about the 8 functions. I only have one shot before people start forming an impression of me (or this avatar) so I want it to be as accurate as possible. I'm quite sure I use both Ne and Si as 2 of my dominant 4 functions, hence the dilemma between those 8 types who use them.
Instead of leaving anything out, I'll just type almost everything there is about me since I'm not an expert with regards to personality types and I'll rather people have more redundant information than too little information to work with.
That said, I'm very grateful to anyone who bothers reading through this or posting ANY reply or voting in the poll or doing any two of the above or doing all three.

Maths and physics are my strongest and favourite subjects. I hate history, geography, social studies, chemistry and chinese (written, I'm fine with spoken). I have mixed feelings about literature and English.

Learning style:
I prefer visual compared to verbal when teachers give an outline of what we are going to learn for the day. When learning new things (even programming), I prefer searching up google/youtube for video tutorials. I prefer to watch the videos at least once through to get the general idea of the approach, before attempting them myself, sometimes to the point that know it so well that I think I can handle it on my own. However, when doing the stuff myself, I still end up following the videos step by step because I'm not confident enough and afraid that if I deviate just a bit, I might hit a point where something different happens and I can't follow through the video anymore and having to waste my time starting all over again.
When learning a new concept, I learn better if I'm able to find similarities between the new concept and previous concepts I might have learned. Sometimes, such things aren't needed though if it's simple enough for me to draw my own connections. [(Simple example would be e.g. a teacher teaching about Earth and its crust. It'll be easier for me to understand quickly just how thin Earth's crust is compared to Earth if he/she said it's like a grape and its skin than throwing a number for the thickness of the crust and the diameter of the Earth even though the latter is more accurate.)]

Writing Process:
When writing an essay for English, I usually go for argumentative essays rather than narrative. Main reason being narrative didn't have a structure to it. Argumentative on the other hand, had a skeleton from which I could add in my thoughts in to flesh it out.

Ne
I like tracing a path out with my eyes when I see shirts/clothes with patterns, I see animals/objects on marble floors and most of the time doing so before I realise what I'm doing. However, it seems rather like "primitive Ne" and hardly goes beyond using it for puns. It is rarely used for creative contributions per se, like how INTPs think up of their own theories, but rather how I see things. Many times, I find myself not creative enough and I can't get something way too abstract.
I prefer ‘logical abstraction’(if that's the word for it), NT related subjects more so than NF 'literature-like' subjects.
Many times though, intuitive leaps doesn't seem to come easy for me.

Fi/Fe
I'm selfish and I envy people who truly find joy in helping out others. No matter how I try, I can't seem to find happiness in that and I end up not helping because I really do not want to. If I were to begrudgingly help out, I feel like I have an ulterior motive to do so, like having them feel like they owe me a favour so that it's easier for me to ask them for one next time when a need for it arises.
Forming friendships are a problem for me. It's true that friends are great because they are there for you in times of need, but to befriend others with that in mind makes me feel like I'm only doing this for my own benefit, not them. I feel... fake.
I strongly dislike hugs or any other human contact. Animals are ok. In fact, I want to hug animals. Well, most of them.
I think Fe is my most problematic function. I have little or no control over it. I wear my heart on my sleeve, I'm not stoic at all. I'm prone to blowing my top when things don't go right. When criticising people, while what I say is objective, I'm not sure if the motive was Ti/Te driven or Fi/Fe driven, or a mixture of both. When watching comedy or reading something hilarious, I do not restrain myself from laughing out loud.
I do cry (tear, not bawl) and get very emotional when something really bad happens, like feeling betrayed by a friend or fear of not being able to find a job in the game industry. I love and hate how emotional I can get.
I dislike and am nervous around strangers.

Interests:
I have/had many different kinds of interests and hobbies. Rubiks cube (record time's 40 seconds, beat that. :D), papercrafting (both designing the template and the menial job lol)... Most are short term interests though. The only ones that truly stuck were watching anime and reading manga.
I like random life hacks too. I learned how to type in Colemak keyboard layout because I was fed up of not being able to touchtype in qwerty after so many years of usage.
Games wise, I highly dislike action games which tests your reaction time and ability to remember a long series of buttons to smash just sothat you can pull off an attack. Turn based rpgs are preferred because it gives me time to think through my next actions.

Dislikes:
Plenty.
Noisy people, parties, people being vague in what they expect out of me or when assigning homework, sarcasm because if it's subtle, I can't catch them.
Waking up early in the morning.

Background
I'm female, 18, come from an Asian country, with an ESFJ mom and ISTJ dad (I typed them so I'm not sure how accurate that is), forced to use my right hand even though my left was dominant. My sister and I used to get caned by my mum pretty frequently. (She had to buy new canes every few months or so) It was until I was about 14, when I finally got so blinded by rage that I wrestled the cane out of her hands and snapped it in half right in front of her face. My ISTJ dad hardly caned me because he leaves family problems to my mom but there were times where he lost his cool and slapped me or throw a fork at me.
Even until now, I get into arguments very frequently with my mum much more often than my ENFP sister. Up until recently, I’ve been thinking it was because of the differences between J and P but it seems possible that it was stubbornness on both sides.
When I was young, I was naive (who isn't) and full of self confidence (wherever did I use to get those). I had friends, but they weren't close. I was the class clown, not afraid to give witty comments. There was one painful memory of an incident which happened when I was around 11 or 12 that I remembered quite well. My science teacher was teaching about plants and germination. As usual, I was up to no good and she went "Stop sprouting nonsense!" I immediately went "Ahahaha! Sprouting! Geddit? Ahahahahaha..." but there was no response from the rest of the class because they either didn't get it (which I highly doubt) or couldn't give a damn to respond to it. The class clown habit stopped when I was about 14 when my classmates did not take well to my puns and jokes. I would say I was an ENTP or ESTP at that age.

My current self is far from how I used to be though. For one thing, I dislike going out. I am happy being alone and going out drains me. If I’m not in school, I’m most probably on my way home or at home. Many a time, I turn down invitations to go out with friends. Usually, I prefer not to have dinner out (or any other activities) with friends unless the ‘reward’ I get (be it bonding with friends, which I do not place such a high value on, or being able to chat about something I’m interested in) offsets the time wasted and energy spent (compared to if I were to have my dinner at home).

Habits:
I recognise faces, not names.
Sometimes I end up not remembering pieces of info that I didn't feel were important at that time. Friend:"Don't you remember me saying that?" Me:"Huh, you did?"
Ask too many questions, provide too little answers and hate it when people want an answer out of me because usually I don't have any. I may be curious, but sometimes I do not dare to explore for fear of failure.
I'm lazy.
I keep fearing for the worst regarding my future, I'm afraid of not getting a job, I'm afraid of not being able to advance in my studies. As a result I keep adhering to safer routes, well, just to be safe.
When I'm alone, I'll be in my head most of the time. When I'm thinking, I'm usually oblivious about what's going on around me. Half the time I’ll be wondering why/how something works, half the time, I’m thinking through what I’ll be doing next and how.
This post is one great example. I had many thoughts regarding this topic floating around in my mind before I joined this forum. I end up thinking through about how I'm going to post it so much that when I actually get down to doing it, it ends up feeling like a chore because it feels as if I already done it. This sometimes proves as a problem because there are many instances where I think so much about doing something, and then end up not doing anything at all.
I actually planned to start my first post with this. Reason being that it minimizes the impact of people perceiving/judging me from what I post in the past and also hope that I do not form a bond with this avatar to be thinking that a lot is at stake when I do not seem like the person I want to portray myself as. I want to be as objective about this as possible if not it’ll defeat the purpose of this post in the first place. Sometimes, I hope that anonymous postings on this forum would be allowed since it will mean that I won't keep thinking that my sense of self or identity is at stake.

Below are a couple of test results but do take them with a pinch of salt because even though I answered truthfully, unconscious biasness might have skewed some rather ambiguous questions or questions that ask preference for either when I have none.
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) **************** (16.5)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) *********************************************** (47.9)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.8)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************** (15.2)
unused
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************************** (40.8)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************* (33.6)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******** (8.3)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40.7)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTJ

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types:
ESTJ, or INFP

The Four Temperaments
Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Stabilizer;
secondly Theorist; then Improviser; and lastly, Catalyst.
Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 46%
Type 2 Helpfulness || 10%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||| 30%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||| 18%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 42%
Type 9 Calmness || 10%

sp/so/sx
I have no idea if I'm a 5w6 or 6w5.

Extroversion |||||||||| 38%
Orderliness |||||| 27%
Emotional Stability |||||| 30%
Accommodation |||||| 24%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||| 55%

Global 5: RLUEI

Last edited:

Liason

I'm more offensive in person!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Note: This post has been proofread and edited by Liason, an INTJ. (Thank you so much, once again.) It used to be twice as long.

I have realized that most of what I typed isn't useful anymore after understanding more about the 8 functions. I only have one shot before people start forming an impression of me (or this avatar) so I want it to be as accurate as possible. I'm quite sure I use both Ne and Si as 2 of my dominant 4 functions, hence the dilemma between those 8 types who use them.
Instead of leaving anything out, I'll just type almost everything there is about me since I'm not an expert with regards to personality types and I'll rather people have more redundant information than too little information to work with.
That said, I'm very grateful to anyone who bothers reading through this or posting ANY reply or voting in the poll or doing any two of the above or doing all three.

Maths and physics are my strongest and favourite subjects. I hate history, geography, social studies, chemistry and chinese (written, I'm fine with spoken). I have mixed feelings about literature and English.

Learning style:
I prefer visual compared to verbal when teachers give an outline of what we are going to learn for the day. When learning new things (even programming), I prefer searching up google/youtube for video tutorials. I prefer to watch the videos at least once through to get the general idea of the approach, before attempting them myself, sometimes to the point that know it so well that I think I can handle it on my own. However, when doing the stuff myself, I still end up following the videos step by step because I'm not confident enough and afraid that if I deviate just a bit, I might hit a point where something different happens and I can't follow through the video anymore and having to waste my time starting all over again.
When learning a new concept, I learn better if I'm able to find similarities between the new concept and previous concepts I might have learned. Sometimes, such things aren't needed though if it's simple enough for me to draw my own connections. [(Simple example would be e.g. a teacher teaching about Earth and its crust. It'll be easier for me to understand quickly just how thin Earth's crust is compared to Earth if he/she said it's like a grape and its skin than throwing a number for the thickness of the crust and the diameter of the Earth even though the latter is more accurate.)]

Writing Process:
When writing an essay for English, I usually go for argumentative essays rather than narrative. Main reason being narrative didn't have a structure to it. Argumentative on the other hand, had a skeleton from which I could add in my thoughts in to flesh it out.

Ne
I like tracing a path out with my eyes when I see shirts/clothes with patterns, I see animals/objects on marble floors and most of the time doing so before I realise what I'm doing. However, it seems rather like "primitive Ne" and hardly goes beyond using it for puns. It is rarely used for creative contributions per se, like how INTPs think up of their own theories, but rather how I see things. Many times, I find myself not creative enough and I can't get something way too abstract.
I prefer ‘logical abstraction’(if that's the word for it), NT related subjects more so than NF 'literature-like' subjects.
Many times though, intuitive leaps doesn't seem to come easy for me.

Fi/Fe
I'm selfish and I envy people who truly find joy in helping out others. No matter how I try, I can't seem to find happiness in that and I end up not helping because I really do not want to. If I were to begrudgingly help out, I feel like I have an ulterior motive to do so, like having them feel like they owe me a favour so that it's easier for me to ask them for one next time when a need for it arises.
Forming friendships are a problem for me. It's true that friends are great because they are there for you in times of need, but to befriend others with that in mind makes me feel like I'm only doing this for my own benefit, not them. I feel... fake.
I strongly dislike hugs or any other human contact. Animals are ok. In fact, I want to hug animals. Well, most of them.
I think Fe is my most problematic function. I have little or no control over it. I wear my heart on my sleeve, I'm not stoic at all. I'm prone to blowing my top when things don't go right. When criticising people, while what I say is objective, I'm not sure if the motive was Ti/Te driven or Fi/Fe driven, or a mixture of both. When watching comedy or reading something hilarious, I do not restrain myself from laughing out loud.
I do cry (tear, not bawl) and get very emotional when something really bad happens, like feeling betrayed by a friend or fear of not being able to find a job in the game industry. I love and hate how emotional I can get.
I dislike and am nervous around strangers.

Interests:
I have/had many different kinds of interests and hobbies. Rubiks cube (record time's 40 seconds, beat that. :D), papercrafting (both designing the template and the menial job lol)... Most are short term interests though. The only ones that truly stuck were watching anime and reading manga.
I like random life hacks too. I learned how to type in Colemak keyboard layout because I was fed up of not being able to touchtype in qwerty after so many years of usage.
Games wise, I highly dislike action games which tests your reaction time and ability to remember a long series of buttons to smash just sothat you can pull off an attack. Turn based rpgs are preferred because it gives me time to think through my next actions.

Dislikes:
Plenty.
Noisy people, parties, people being vague in what they expect out of me or when assigning homework, sarcasm because if it's subtle, I can't catch them.
Waking up early in the morning.

Background
I'm female, 18, come from an Asian country, with an ESFJ mom and ISTJ dad (I typed them so I'm not sure how accurate that is), forced to use my right hand even though my left was dominant. My sister and I used to get caned by my mum pretty frequently. (She had to buy new canes every few months or so) It was until I was about 14, when I finally got so blinded by rage that I wrestled the cane out of her hands and snapped it in half right in front of her face. My ISTJ dad hardly caned me because he leaves family problems to my mom but there were times where he lost his cool and slapped me or throw a fork at me.
Even until now, I get into arguments very frequently with my mum much more often than my ENFP sister. Up until recently, I’ve been thinking it was because of the differences between J and P but it seems possible that it was stubbornness on both sides.
When I was young, I was naive (who isn't) and full of self confidence (wherever did I use to get those). I had friends, but they weren't close. I was the class clown, not afraid to give witty comments. There was one painful memory of an incident which happened when I was around 11 or 12 that I remembered quite well. My science teacher was teaching about plants and germination. As usual, I was up to no good and she went "Stop sprouting nonsense!" I immediately went "Ahahaha! Sprouting! Geddit? Ahahahahaha..." but there was no response from the rest of the class because they either didn't get it (which I highly doubt) or couldn't give a damn to respond to it. The class clown habit stopped when I was about 14 when my classmates did not take well to my puns and jokes. I would say I was an ENTP or ESTP at that age.

My current self is far from how I used to be though. For one thing, I dislike going out. I am happy being alone and going out drains me. If I’m not in school, I’m most probably on my way home or at home. Many a time, I turn down invitations to go out with friends. Usually, I prefer not to have dinner out (or any other activities) with friends unless the ‘reward’ I get (be it bonding with friends, which I do not place such a high value on, or being able to chat about something I’m interested in) offsets the time wasted and energy spent (compared to if I were to have my dinner at home).

Habits:
I recognise faces, not names.
Sometimes I end up not remembering pieces of info that I didn't feel were important at that time. Friend:"Don't you remember me saying that?" Me:"Huh, you did?"
Ask too many questions, provide too little answers and hate it when people want an answer out of me because usually I don't have any. I may be curious, but sometimes I do not dare to explore for fear of failure.
I'm lazy.
I keep fearing for the worst regarding my future, I'm afraid of not getting a job, I'm afraid of not being able to advance in my studies. As a result I keep adhering to safer routes, well, just to be safe.
When I'm alone, I'll be in my head most of the time. When I'm thinking, I'm usually oblivious about what's going on around me. Half the time I’ll be wondering why/how something works, half the time, I’m thinking through what I’ll be doing next and how.
This post is one great example. I had many thoughts regarding this topic floating around in my mind before I joined this forum. I end up thinking through about how I'm going to post it so much that when I actually get down to doing it, it ends up feeling like a chore because it feels as if I already done it. This sometimes proves as a problem because there are many instances where I think so much about doing something, and then end up not doing anything at all.
I actually planned to start my first post with this. Reason being that it minimizes the impact of people perceiving/judging me from what I post in the past and also hope that I do not form a bond with this avatar to be thinking that a lot is at stake when I do not seem like the person I want to portray myself as. I want to be as objective about this as possible if not it’ll defeat the purpose of this post in the first place. Sometimes, I hope that anonymous postings on this forum would be allowed since it will mean that I won't keep thinking that my sense of self or identity is at stake.

Below are a couple of test results but do take them with a pinch of salt because even though I answered truthfully, unconscious biasness might have skewed some rather ambiguous questions or questions that ask preference for either when I have none.

I have no idea if I'm a 5w6 or 6w5.

Dear girl, am I so very glad that you had me edit this :D. personally I think you may be an ISFJ. It's plausible. Think on it.

*I meant ISFP

Last edited:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll look at this later... promise. But I'm busy at the moment. :)

sticker

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Dear girl, am I so very glad that you had me edit this :D. personally I think you may be an ISFJ. It's plausible. Think on it.

That has come across my mind before, but I'm not interested getting myself happy first than in the welfare of others. I'm like scrooge, I do not like receiving and giving presents, find it a chore to get out of my house and think of what others like. When I receive presents, I do feel happy and appreciated at first, but it soons becomes a burden because I have to worry about finding a present for them during their birthday. They say they don't mind not getting any presents back in return, but I absolutely dislike the idea of owing someone something or a favour.

VagrantFarce

How do you differ from others?

How do you think others see you?

How would you like others to see you?

Don't analyze what you're going to write beforehand in terms of functions or types, just describe yourself as you would to anyone. :)

Liason

I'm more offensive in person!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Liason and Sticker, I get this feeling/vibe from you two:
the-penguins-of-madagascar.jpg

sticker

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
How do you differ from others?
Fashion is an alien thing to me. Until now, I still don't understand why people are willing to pay a couple of hundred bucks just for a handbag.
I did not attend the prom night my previous school held because they did not allow female tuxedos and I can't imagine myself wearing a dress. I have no idea how to balance on high heels either.
I dislike exercising and I'm still stick thin. (lolwat)
I'm not sexually aroused by either gender. I appreciate aesthetic beauty, but can't seem to get that attraction to the opposite gender (or even same gender) like others.
Come to think of it, I think I lead a pretty boring life right in front of my com.
...I didn't really answer your question, did I?

How do you think others see you?
These only apply to friends
Criticise too much
Should be burned alive for constantly throwing lame jokes at them (I find pleasure in seeing them squirm in agony at how horrible the pun is. What a sadist I am.)
Stubborn with advices
OCD over things I like

How would you like others to see you?
More responsible than I am
Competent
Intelligent
Confident
Independent

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can relate to some of what you write. I'm wondering if some of it is more due to how you were raised, than just what type you are? I get the thing about the gifts. I, too, feel like getting a gift can be an obligation and a burden. I was taught that if you get something, you must give something back. However, I get great joy from giving gifts and expecting nothing in return, so I've been learning to project that attitude onto others and receive things gracefully. And the same goes for friendship. I learned that I'm a pest and a burden (I was an accidental, unwanted pregnancy and much younger than my siblings) from the way I was treated growing up. Whenever I ask for something I need, I feel I'm imposing and undeserving. I feel that people will only like me for being useful to them. This may or may not be exaggerated by what type I am, but I don't think it's wholly due to my type. I have some very close friends now, who I feel comfortable with, but I constantly check with them to make sure I'm not abusing their friendship in any way.

I see objects and patterns on floors and in other surfaces, too. I, however, like to draw and have used those as inspiration for my drawings. And I do the lame puns and jokes that no one gets. I'm not quite as extreme on the dress thing (I will wear them if I have to), but I'm with you on the expensive handbags, etc.

I said in a previous post that "Instead of thinking about doing it, planning when to do it, planning how to do it, ruminating over doing it, complaining about doing it, wishing I didn't have to do it, and otherwise just plain procrastinating...I should just DO it. Do it NOW. Get it over with. How simple is that concept? Obviously not that simple for me." What you said about yourself is a bit different--that you've thought about it so much that you feel like it's already done--but maybe you can relate to this.

I'm too new to all of this to even try to tell you what type you might be, but hopefully, some of this will be helpful in some way. Good luck! (By the way, I think I'm INFJ with a well-developed T, if that's any help.)

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I can see Si in what you say about yourself, and I think it might be dominant over Ne. I also think feeling is introverted and thinking extroverted. I'm geeting the Si clearer than anything else, so I'll assume its dominant. which means Te is auxilary. Over all, I think the test got it right for a change - ISTJ.

sticker

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Liason and Sticker, I get this feeling/vibe from you two:
the-penguins-of-madagascar.jpg
Which ones are Liason and me? :D

I can relate to some of what you write. I'm wondering if some of it is more due to how you were raised, than just what type you are? I get the thing about the gifts. I, too, feel like getting a gift can be an obligation and a burden. I was taught that if you get something, you must give something back. However, I get great joy from giving gifts and expecting nothing in return, so I've been learning to project that attitude onto others and receive things gracefully. And the same goes for friendship. I learned that I'm a pest and a burden (I was an accidental, unwanted pregnancy and much younger than my siblings) from the way I was treated growing up. Whenever I ask for something I need, I feel I'm imposing and undeserving. I feel that people will only like me for being useful to them. This may or may not be exaggerated by what type I am, but I don't think it's wholly due to my type. I have some very close friends now, who I feel comfortable with, but I constantly check with them to make sure I'm not abusing their friendship in any way.
Ah, for me, it's more of a 'If you don't bother me, I don't bother you. I don't want to owe you anything and I don't want you to owe me anything either.' I do have close friends, but I do not fear that I'm abusing our friendship (or at least in the kind of way I think you are thinking.)

I see objects and patterns on floors and in other surfaces, too. I, however, like to draw and have used those as inspiration for my drawings. And I do the lame puns and jokes that no one gets. I'm not quite as extreme on the dress thing (I will wear them if I have to), but I'm with you on the expensive handbags, etc.
Yup, I use them as inspiration too. As for lame puns and jokes, all of my friends get it because most seem to be xNxxs.

I said in a previous post that "Instead of thinking about doing it, planning when to do it, planning how to do it, ruminating over doing it, complaining about doing it, wishing I didn't have to do it, and otherwise just plain procrastinating...I should just DO it. Do it NOW. Get it over with. How simple is that concept? Obviously not that simple for me." What you said about yourself is a bit different--that you've thought about it so much that you feel like it's already done--but maybe you can relate to this.
Yes, I really relate to this. :D It takes a whole lot of motivation to get me start and finish something unless it's something I'm interested in.

I'm too new to all of this to even try to tell you what type you might be, but hopefully, some of this will be helpful in some way. Good luck! (By the way, I think I'm INFJ with a well-developed T, if that's any help.)
Thanks. :)

I can see Si in what you say about yourself, and I think it might be dominant over Ne. I also think feeling is introverted and thinking extroverted. I'm geeting the Si clearer than anything else, so I'll assume its dominant. which means Te is auxilary. Over all, I think the test got it right for a change - ISTJ.
I highly agree with my Si being higher than Ne. For feelings, Fi is most likely preferred. The only part of Fe that I'm prone to using is expressing how I feel I feel about something. I seem to lack empathy. However, I tend to have the impression that most ISTJs are less expressive about themselves and are good at being stolid. (My dad is a great example of an ISTJ and I can hardly relate to him with regards to expressing feelings.)
I'm not so sure for thinking. I think more than I do and dislike ordering people around or giving them instructions unless I have to. I'm not consistent with doing my homework and end up rushing them last minute (sometimes not sleeping at all during the night before submission to complete it). Currently, I'm in a group working on a 3D game as a year long project. I'm a terrible team player and often got into disagreements. I'm usually laid back, but I can't believe the group members, especially the group leader, were way more laid back than me. With my results at stake, (If I fail this module, I have to retain for a year) I reluctantly paired up with a group member (ENFJ who loves planning o_O) to plan for the group even we did not have authority to. We ended up starting the ball rolling, I immediately got my hands off and left all the planning to him.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I highly agree with my Si being higher than Ne. For feelings, Fi is most likely preferred. The only part of Fe that I'm prone to using is expressing how I feel I feel about something. I seem to lack empathy. However, I tend to have the impression that most ISTJs are less expressive about themselves and are good at being stolid. (My dad is a great example of an ISTJ and I can hardly relate to him with regards to expressing feelings.)
I'm not so sure for thinking. I think more than I do and dislike ordering people around or giving them instructions unless I have to. I'm not consistent with doing my homework and end up rushing them last minute (sometimes not sleeping at all during the night before submission to complete it). Currently, I'm in a group working on a 3D game as a year long project. I'm a terrible team player and often got into disagreements. I'm usually laid back, but I can't believe the group members, especially the group leader, were way more laid back than me. With my results at stake, (If I fail this module, I have to retain for a year) I reluctantly paired up with a group member (ENFJ who loves planning o_O) to plan for the group even we did not have authority to. We ended up starting the ball rolling, I immediately got my hands off and left all the planning to him.

The essence of Te is being concerned about completing goals. As he discused in your other thread, one doesn't necessarily have to be good at the things commonly associated with a function for it to be prominant, just as long as that sort of thing is important to you and shapes your thinking.

Look again at your little discription above. What comes over is how important completing the goal was to you. It's just that you are still young and unsure about how to go about the task. You have the desire to see the project completed, but the actual skills are still developing. To me, that seems consisted with an inexperienced person with a strong Te function.

sticker

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
The essence of Te is being concerned about completing goals. As he discused in your other thread, one doesn't necessarily have to be good at the things commonly associated with a function for it to be prominant, just as long as that sort of thing is important to you and shapes your thinking.

Look again at your little discription above. What comes over is how important completing the goal was to you. It's just that you are still young and unsure about how to go about the task. You have the desire to see the project completed, but the actual skills are still developing. To me, that seems consisted with an inexperienced person with a strong Te function.
I do agree that completing the goal was important to me (not that I liked it, it was either that or waste a year of my life being retained. x.x)
Also, thank you so much for taking the time to reply on this thread and the other one. :)

The Enigmatic ISTp - Wikisocion
I checked up socionics and found that I can relate to most of what that article says, especially these few points. (I'm taking that sconionics ISTp is MBTI's ISTJ?)

ISTps may seem quite laid back and easy going at first, and they might also lack initiative, because they chose comfort and relaxing over actually “getting things done”. In a physical sense, they like to be in harmonious environments. They don’t like others interrupting their peace. This applies while either doing work or spending leisure time with friends. They don’t like to be rushed or live by schedules, and they take their time enjoying their surroundings.
When they either feel harmed or frustrated, their generally placid appearance quickly turns fiery and aggressive. In their aggression, they might hit or throw something to let their energy out.
Some ISTps may stop caring for love altogether if they were hurt enough in the past. They may even forget about the possibility of caring for someone again, trying to sooth their mind. IN these extreme cases, the ISTp may only show affection towards pets, because pets never judge you.

Not sure if the first part of the previous paragraph applies, but the second part does a whole lot.

So... any other opinions from anyone else before I settle on ISTJ? (for now, lol)

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I do agree that completing the goal was important to me (not that I liked it, it was either that or waste a year of my life being retained. x.x)
Also, thank you so much for taking the time to reply on this thread and the other one. :)

The Enigmatic ISTp - Wikisocion
I checked up socionics and found that I can relate to most of what that article says, especially these few points. (I'm taking that sconionics ISTp is MBTI's ISTJ?)

ISTps may seem quite laid back and easy going at first, and they might also lack initiative, because they chose comfort and relaxing over actually “getting things done”. In a physical sense, they like to be in harmonious environments. They don’t like others interrupting their peace. This applies while either doing work or spending leisure time with friends. They don’t like to be rushed or live by schedules, and they take their time enjoying their surroundings.
When they either feel harmed or frustrated, their generally placid appearance quickly turns fiery and aggressive. In their aggression, they might hit or throw something to let their energy out.
Some ISTps may stop caring for love altogether if they were hurt enough in the past. They may even forget about the possibility of caring for someone again, trying to sooth their mind. IN these extreme cases, the ISTp may only show affection towards pets, because pets never judge you.

Not sure if the first part of the previous paragraph applies, but the second part does a whole lot.

So... any other opinions from anyone else before I settle on ISTJ? (for now, lol)

I think that socionic ISTp is the nearest thing equivilant to MBTI ISTJ. Mind you, I'm not expert on socionics. Stick down ISTJ for the moment. You can always change it later, if you feel the need.

sticker

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Video response the the type challenge here.
sticker typec video challenge on Vimeo
Ok, I'm camera shy and a basket case when I'm aware that I'm being filmed or have all the attention drawn to me. You can pretty much say this isn't me when I'm relaxed, this is me when I'm stressed. I stutter, I forget stuff, I forget which questions were already done, I take a long time thinking about how to answer those questions, I do things I can't explain. There were so many things I wanted to say in the video but I ended up forgetting them all when the camera started rolling. I express myself better through typing than talking and have a hard time articulating things I want to say. :emot-emo: It was a difficult decision not to retake another video and use the first one so that it really shows how I am when I do not have any preparations. Hope you don't mind the accent. If it's so terrible that you guys need a translation, I'll provide one. Thanks for the kind understanding.

edt: Using scionics to pick out adjectives that I think describes myself since well, I think adjectives are more accurate than asking what I like or dislike.
Normal mode
Ambiguous, Careful, Careless, Daydreamer, Desirous, Detached, Discoverer, Do-not-disturb, Doubtful, Down-to-earth, Fanciless, Fickle, Fictive, Frank, Heedful, Hesitating, Homebody, Ideational, Incogitative, Incoherent, Indecisive, Indrawn, Inferential, Inflexible, Inimical, Insatiable, Intellectual, Introvert, Inward, Logically-minded, Loner, Matter-of-fact, Mawkish, Meandering, Non-concrete, Orderly, Outspoken, Over-realistic, Practical, Principled, Private, Ratiocinative, Rational, Reasoner, Recluse, Rigid, Scatter-brained, Shy, Swerving, Talkative, Thoughtful, Timid, Uncertain, Unenthusiastic, Unromantic, Unsentimental, Unsociable, Unsympathetic, Variable, Wandering, Wavering, Wishful-thinker, Withdrawn
Reversed mode
NOT Adoring, NOT Affable, NOT Affectionate, NOT Audacious, NOT Bold, NOT Carefree, NOT Certain, NOT Closemouthed, NOT Cocky, NOT Covetous, NOT Decisive, NOT Determinative, NOT Doubtless, NOT Ebullient, NOT Enthusiastic, NOT Extrovert, NOT Gluttonous, NOT Gushy, NOT Irrational, NOT Kind-hearted, NOT Leader, NOT Lovey-dovey, NOT Maudlin, NOT Mushy, NOT Over-confident, NOT Physical, NOT Planner, NOT Popular, NOT Resolute, NOT Romantic, NOT Schmaltzy, NOT Soft-hearted, NOT Unemotional, NOT Unhesitating, NOT Unswerving, NOT Unwavering
http://www.socionics.com/sta/sta-1-...issMnZaC:JlArw1vjd1NTib4ouvlrssi2iIry2w1gvvg: