• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an INFx???

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I know I made a thread before, but still getting very unsure of this.

- I've looked into it already and ran into a lot of things that could prove me to be an INFj and a lot of things that could prove me to be an INFp...
but I know I am a INF - for sure.

Something that has really confused me...

* INFJ or INFP? a closer look - directing or informing.

- I can be a direct person and I can be an informing person...
- If I tell someone directly 'sit down' , I'd feel like I am being a bit too 'controlling', - If I tell someone, 'there's a seat over there' - I'd feel uncomfortable because I'm not being 'direct' enough.
- yep, confusing, I know.

* I'm an organized person. - If I had a deadline(that I had to complete), I wouldn't be at rest until it is actually finished.

INFJ or INFP? a closer look - Being or Doing.

Okay so I'm more anxious about what I am doing as it affects who I am showing up as.

* I've tested as an INFP twice and an INFJ twice.
my j/p is always very weak...

* I get uncomfortable feelings when I know something is not right.

* I know the difference between right and wrong and sometimes even do things without giving a damn about which one it fits into.

* I'm pretty good with finishing what I started, unlike my ENFP sister - I'd hate when she doesn't finish something we both plan - really pisses me off sometimes.

* I might plan something like an INTJ, - be warm and welcoming like an ENFP, be organized and cold like an ESTJ, Be fun and playful like an ESTP - be helpful and caring like an ESFJ, be artsy like an ESFP,etc. - I hate uniform, I may not have a solid, organized personality, like I need most other things to be.

* I constantly check back at my writing, just to be sure.. I'm in quite a hurry now, so I might mistake some things.. I'd let you know for sure, If you have any problems with it.

* In listening, - my sister talks a lot (shes an enfp), I listen but it takes me sometime to process it all at one time... I might even ask her to repeat it, I don't know, am i just lazy to listen?? - cause I'm not really actually thinking about anything at all, It just confuses me a bit. like I totally tune out. - it's like the words are coming out of your mouth, but my brain's not functioning. - it could just be that I have no interest in the topic so I just tune out randomly or could be cause I have the idea in my head but I takes some time to respond. - I believe this is an INFP thing.

* I heard somewhere that INFP's are like ISFPS, and INFJ's are like ISFJs....
as in - self centered or other centered... - I honestly view other-centered as being more of a better thing then self centered but I think both are as bad as each other... I'm not a people-pleaser, and I'm not arrogant, I have plans in life and I have goals to make the world a better place while making myself a better person for the world.

I'm young(in my teens).. so does that mean my J/P is still developing... Can I just confirm myself as an INFx???.

Ecton

MBTI Type
INF
INF

Hey there.

I'm an INF. I test at 1% J whenever I take one of these tests. Nice to meet you!

I've read the links you pointed out before and found no clear distinction in P or J. Its very similar to being ambidextrous. I remember getting tennis lessons at a local park when I was 9. The instructor said "Now hold the racket in whichever hand feels more natural." An hour later, still undecided, I asked for help. They asked to watch me try both hands. After ten minutes they gave up, They said "Just use your right hand. It will be easier to find a good instructor." So that's what I did. But I also learned to use my left hand for many things.

Don't fret too much about figuring out which hand to hold the tennis racket in. Over time, you will find some situations suit your P capabilities and others benefit from your J capabilities. Advance and cultivate both.

Have you tried any of the other typing systems? I think they may lend more insight into the borderlands... I'm thinking of doing a few of those.

I'll have to check out INSJ and INSP personalities and see what i share in common with those. Thanks for the tip!

Ecton

MBTI Type
INF
Oh, it seems like we are talking about ISFJ and ISFP. I'll check those out.

Ecton

MBTI Type
INF
I've compared your behavior bullet points with myself as a bit of feedback.

* I get uncomfortable feelings when I know something is not right.
Yep.

* I know the difference between right and wrong and sometimes even do things without giving a damn about which one it fits into.
Not me. I will do them anyway, but I will suffer.

* I'm pretty good with finishing what I started, unlike my ENFP sister - I'd hate when she doesn't finish something we both plan - really pisses me off sometimes.
I'm middle of the road on this. I can finish long things, but I make a lot of false starts up front.

* I might plan something like an INTJ, - be warm and welcoming like an ENFP, be organized and cold like an ESTJ, Be fun and playful like an ESTP - be helpful and caring like an ESFJ, be artsy like an ESFP,etc. - I hate uniform, I may not have a solid, organized personality, like I need most other things to be.

I plan like an INTJ. When I plan, I am punctual and deliver. I can be welcoming when I'm feeling well, but not when I'm not. I'm not organized and cold. If anything, I get scatterbrained and bouyant. I can be artsy. I like to sketch.

* I constantly check back at my writing, just to be sure.. I'm in quite a hurry now, so I might mistake some things.. I'd let you know for sure, If you have any problems with it.

I don't. I'm a sloppy writer through and through.

* In listening, - my sister talks a lot (shes an enfp), I listen but it takes me sometime to process it all at one time... I might even ask her to repeat it, I don't know, am i just lazy to listen?? - cause I'm not really actually thinking about anything at all, It just confuses me a bit. like I totally tune out. - it's like the words are coming out of your mouth, but my brain's not functioning. - it could just be that I have no interest in the topic so I just tune out randomly or could be cause I have the idea in my head but I takes some time to respond. - I believe this is an INFP thing.

When someone talks to you a lot you will automatically develop a filter for them. It post-processes what they say and then alerts you if it hears a key word, like your name. This is normal for everyone ( I think )

* I heard somewhere that INFP's are like ISFPS, and INFJ's are like ISFJs....
as in - self centered or other centered... - I honestly view other-centered as being more of a better thing then self centered but I think both are as bad as each other... I'm not a people-pleaser, and I'm not arrogant, I have plans in life and I have goals to make the world a better place while making myself a better person for the world.

Yeah, on that scale I'm more like an ISFJ than an ISFP.

Here's what someone said in another conversation:
"In terms of overall 'flavor':
INFP is similar to ISFP
INFJ is similar to INTJ

In terms of interests and pursuits:
INFP is similar to INTP
INFJ is vaguely similar to ISFJ"

based on that quote, I'd say I'm naturally an INFJ and trained to do more P for scientific pursuits.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
@flameskull: I wonder.. describe a train of thought of yours. :)
If you can and find yourself willing.

haag261390

consider INFP for an answer.

I also have the same troubles when it comes to F and T, it seems to be a balance but I take ESFJ as an answer.

Lotr246

Here's a visual representation on youtube of the two types. I resemble and could completely identify with everything the INFJ said, especially the part about needing external validation from others about our ideas and being self-conscious of other people's views of you. It sounds like they're aware of our message boards too. There's three parts. By the way, I usually type as an INFP on tests, but I feel I am INFJ, nonetheless. And Vicki Jo's site did not help me decide at all. In fact, it made me too self-conscious, as does MBTI, of my personality type and the expected traits. Just speaking from personal experience. Hope this helps!

YouTube - INFP and INFJ interview each other: Part 1 of 3

MBTI Type
INFP
Here's a visual representation on youtube of the two types. I resemble and could completely identify with everything the INFJ said, especially the part about needing external validation from others about our ideas and being self-conscious of other people's views of you. It sounds like they're aware of our message boards too. There's three parts. By the way, I usually type as an INFP on tests, but I feel I am INFJ, nonetheless. And Vicki Jo's site did not help me decide at all. In fact, it made me too self-conscious, as does MBTI, of my personality type and the expected traits. Just speaking from personal experience. Hope this helps!

YouTube - INFP and INFJ interview each other: Part 1 of 3

Dear God, that Asian chick was annoying as HELL.