INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Aphex View Post
    For your first statement, on socionics.com it says that people that have trouble distinguishing between T and F (definitely me), are p type on both sides, which is why I don't believe I'm MBTI INTJ. If I'm a thinkint type, I'd say I would be an INTP on both ends of the scale.

Your typing of INFJ is interesting though, I'll look into it.
    Sorry, I made a big mistake here. On socionics, it says that if you are confused between T and F, then you are socionics xxxp, which means that I am either INTx or INFx (on socionics), and since I'm pretty sure I'm a perceiving type on socionics-wise, that would mean ON SOCIONICS, I am INTp or INFp. And that in turn means that on MBTI, I am INFJ, INTJ, INFP or INTP.

Given the results on this thread, it seems to be leaning towards the INFJ. But I would love to hear any other people's opinions.

Thanks.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    But the bolded...sounds like Fi. I actually contemplated Fi in the statement he made "people I (truly) care about." Fi is always making little distinctions like that.

So to the OP: this emotional awareness you possess...is it easy to express it to others, or is this mostly when you are alone and/or thoughts you hold inside?

I've read INTJs as describing themselves as feeling certain things that they were sure other people were aware of, only to realize that those other people, in truth, had no idea how INTJ felt because INTJs expressions were so subtle.
    Nah, that doesn't have to be Fi. INFJs are quite aware of how they feel about things and they place more importance on it than do INTJs. The only difference between Fi and Fe is the source of the feelings--internal or external standards.

I will agree with INFJ for the time being.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

I'm guessing INFP. I wouldn't settle for INFJ that easily; I don't quite see it. From the description, you could be any type. Read type descriptions on the net for INFP and INFJ, or wait till Black Cat gets here and gives you some good links .

Some questions that might help:
    - What drives you or motivates you in life?
    - What is your idea of perfection when you be a perfectionist?
    - Where is your focus when you make decisions?
    - Do you care more about being decisive and having a decision made, or making the right decision even if it pushes the deadline?
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I'm guessing INFP. I wouldn't settle for INFJ that easily; I don't quite see it. From the description, you could be any type. Read type descriptions on the net for INFP and INFJ, or wait till Black Cat gets here and gives you some good links .

Some questions that might help:
    - What drives you or motivates you in life?
    - What is your idea of perfection when you be a perfectionist?
    - Where is your focus when you make decisions?
    - Do you care more about being decisive and having a decision made, or making the right decision even if it pushes the deadline?
    - My drive/motivation is that life is beautiful, and it is a gift. Good times with friends and the beauty of nature also motivate me.
    - My idea of perfection is a perfectly planned life that is in keeping with my idea of the 'perfect day' (hard to describe), and managing to achieve well in my academic work in this perfectly structured life.
    - My focus when I make decisions is weird. I use a mix of logic/emotion, usually succumbing to the emotional decision (basically, which one I feel would make me happier), but I can be very logical if need be. I make a lot of my decisions based on logic as well, but emotion is the more natural driving factor.
    - The latter for your last point, definitely.

I'll read some descriptions and get back to you.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

I read the descriptions on typelogic.com, and the INFP sounds more like me than the INFJ. We'll see what further results by some other posters yield, and for now I'll change my type to INFP until further notice.

Try some other sites like these. Typelogic isn't that clear.

For your working style:
    INFJ
    INFP

For general:
    INFJ
    INFP

For personal:
    INFJ
    INFP

The combination should give you some idea of which one is more like you.

- My drive/motivation is that life is beautiful, and it is a gift. Good times with friends and the beauty of nature also motivate me.
    - My idea of perfection is a perfectly planned life that is in keeping with my idea of the 'perfect day' (hard to describe), and managing to achieve well in my academic work in this perfectly structured life.
    - My focus when I make decisions is weird. I use a mix of logic/emotion, usually succumbing to the emotional decision (basically, which one I feel would make me happier), but I can be very logical if need be. I make a lot of my decisions based on logic as well, but emotion is the more natural driving factor.
    I think this sounds more INFJ, but not sure. See what other's think also.

The last point was J vs P. You chose the P one, but INFJs can lean that way. Generally, J types like to close decisions because it is more comfortable to have an answer and move into action. P types like to keep the decision open until there is a definite answer and sometimes never get around to putting things into action. Loving theory without application is very P.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Try some other sites like these. Typelogic isn't that clear.

For your working style:
    INFJ
    INFP

For general:
    INFJ
    INFP

For personal:
    INFJ
    INFP

The combination should give you some idea of which one is more like you.

I think this sounds more INFJ, but not sure. See what other's think also.

The last point was J vs P. You chose the P one, but INFJs can lean that way. Generally, J types like to close decisions because it is more comfortable to have an answer and move into action. P types like to keep the decision open until there is a definite answer and sometimes never get around to putting things into action. Loving theory without application is very P.
    INFJ for the first one.

I've had a lot of experience with personalitypage.com, in fact, I think it was the first MBTI site I ever went on. I'm definitely an INFJ by their descriptions, absolutely no doubt.

For the personal growth, INFJ one is more me as well.

Huh. I myself am pretty heavily leaning towards the INFJ for me atm.

INFJ sounds good then . Welcome to TC, also.

MBTI
    INFP

I'll read some descriptions and get back to you.
    You seem to already have decided (for now.) But just wanted to agree, you sound more INFJ than INFP to me.
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra