12 Last

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default Wait...no...wait..

So, previously I've considered myself an INFP with ADHD, though I've always considered that I might be particularly socially dysfunctional ENFP with ADHD, but less likely.

I retook the cognitive functions test and got:
    **************Ne
    *************Fi
    *************Si
    *************Ti
    ***********Ni
    *********Te
    *********Fe
    *****Se

The test says "you may be INTP ....or INTP"

I'm not an INTP. I am VERY effusive. No poker face *waves hand in front of face*.
    However, isn't NeFi ENFP?
    How did they get the other answer? And, these scores still indicate an INFP?
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    INTP

INFP have Fi as their dom, and Ne as their auxilliary, so from this test it looks like you could be ENFP or ENTP (Ne-Ti).
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    INFP have Fi as their dom, and Ne as their auxilliary, so from this test it looks like you could be ENFP or ENTP (Ne-Ti).
    This is true, but INFP's also have Si and Te as tertiary and inferior functions respectively. Which kinda fits with his/her function order except. INTP could also fit as briochick seems to have pretty strong Ti and Ne and a relatively weak Fe. briochick has the top three functions of both INTP and INFP at roughly an equal level and the inferior of each type at an equal level too.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

briochick is most definitely a her.
    So, the test indicates INTP or INFP? Not ENFP at all? If I can assure you that I'm not an INTP does that mean I'm an INFP with Ne as the dom function? Is that *possible*?
    As I recall this isn't the first time I've scored Ne dom...
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

Stop relying on the cognitive functions test, it does nothing but confuse people.

Be honest, how much do you identify with Ti? By comparison, how much do you identify with Fi? What are your understandings of these two functions?
    Hello

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Fi is self-understanding, right? Knowing exactly how you feel and think and drawing conclusions from your ethics?

Ti...I'm a bit fuzzy on that.
    -Brio

-Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

ok, went back and read some definitions of both Fi and Ti. I'd like to think I relate a bit more to Ti but that very well may be learned. I happen to know that when I was a child my parents would use me as a lie/character detector for people they'd just met because apparently at age six I was pretty good at telling whether or not the person in front of me was a good person or not. Also, was a cutter, went through therapy, and have learned not to trust or rely on my feelings nearly as much as I did, as they obviously drove me to a very dark place where I'd rather not return.

Also, the Fi description didn't make much sense.
    -Brio

-Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Briochick, I'm going to be honest.

Whenever I read any of your posts, I get ENFP. And more recently ISFP. You may just be a 4w3 INFP which can appear like ENFP or ISFP, but my initial vibe from you was definitely one of the two of the latter.

But really only you can confirm what type you are. You know how you think and you know yourself better anyone on this forum, so it'll just take some introspection and a look at function descriptions and how the functions for a type work in tangent to help you figure out which one you are.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    ok, went back and read some definitions of both Fi and Ti. I'd like to think I relate a bit more to Ti but that very well may be learned. I happen to know that when I was a child my parents would use me as a lie/character detector for people they'd just met because apparently at age six I was pretty good at telling whether or not the person in front of me was a good person or not. Also, was a cutter, went through therapy, and have learned not to trust or rely on my feelings nearly as much as I did, as they obviously drove me to a very dark place where I'd rather not return.

Also, the Fi description didn't make much sense.
    It's mainly about how you prefer to make decisions. Do you look at the pros and cons before you do something? Or do you do things because your 'gut' tells you that it is the right thing to do?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Quotin' from the bible:

Quote Originally Posted by Lenore Thomson
    Although Introverted Thinking and Introverted Feeling both prompt us to reason perceptually, as a situation is happening, they preside over different areas of Judgement. Introverted Thinking is dispassionate and impersonal, prompting an interest in systemic logic: the probable consequences of immediate choice. For example, if we drill new holes into our shelf groove, will we have to compensate at other points in the process?

ITPs, for whom Introverted Thinking is primary, are usually creative technicians of one sort of another who reason literally in terms of patterns and emerging variables. Paul Simon, for example, talks about the constant evolution of a song as he exploits its structural potential, incorporating a snatch of Bach here, a gospel chord change there, each decision affecting the whole, creating new consequences and possibilities.

Introverted Feeling focuses our attention differently. It encourages a personal relationship to an evolving pattern, a will to guage the situation by an experiential ideal. For example, if we use Introverted Feeling to make a good spaghetti sauce, we won't follow recipes or measure ingredients. We'll sample the sause as we're making it: gauging its taste, smell, and texture by their ideal outcome and adjusting for circumstantial variables so the emerging pattern stays on track.

Although this process might be called aesthetic judgement, it doesn't operate on the basis of artistic principles. Its basis is living, breathing, firsthand experience. If we've never encountered a decent spaghetti sauce, we wouldn't use Introverted Feeling. We'd turn to objective judgement: acquire a recipe (Extraverted Thinking) or ask a friend for advice (Extraverted Feeling). We might even use Introverted Thinking and experiment. To invoke Introverted Feeling, however, we have to know the difference between a good outcome and a bad one - know with our senses, in our bones.
    Hello