MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Default I am probably an INTJ. Or am I?

Jesus is out of the closet.
    I have long been bi-curious when it comes to the whole I vs E question.
    Now, I have determined after careful studies and ransacking that I must be an introvert.

I confused "social skills" with extroversion for so long that it became a part of my thought patterns and hard to separate from truth.
    Just because I thought I weren't affected by this. Or rather, unconsciously.

I have long known that Ni is my primary function according to both self-examination and tests.
    Doesn't make sense in an ENTJ.
    My interests does not make sense for an ENTJ.
    My needs are not ENTJ-like. I need to read. Spend lots and lots of time alone doing really geeky stuff. I roleplay a lot. I am a walking encyclopedia.

I used to confuse INTJ with "douchebag", to be honest. Lots of users on here who claim the type are really immature and unhealthy in their interaction with others.

So... I have had some serious unconscious mental barriers against accepting introversion as a part of myself.

A thing that I have thought about for a long time is that many INTJs seem to be pretty non-nonsense like and strict, in a manner of speaking.
    I do fool around quite a bit when I am in a particular mood, with particular people.

Others, especially working or school colleagues/classmates respectively see me as somewhat of a machine, it seems.
    I'm always that guy who knows all the weird stuff and how to connect it.
    At least in my nerd subjects. I don't know jack about celebrities, cars, sports or other things that seems to be so interesting to people in general.

Well! Do you, forumites, accept me as INTJ or do you have any arguments against it?
    If so, please give it to me so that I may consider it from your perspective.

(Yes, I know this thread is awfully self-centered. But what the heck, I am Jesus. Only Oasis is bigger.)

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTJ

First, I'm sorry you were saddled with such a poor opinion of INTJs for so long. I like to think the ones in my family (myself included) don't come off as 'douchebags', and we're tremendously goofy when we hang out together. Maybe it's just that our writing style is often a little dry on forums..?

Anyway, if you find yourself needing to recharge energy alone, rather than recharging by getting energy from interactions with others, I'll accept you as an INTJ. While a lot of us are geeky, I don't think that's a prerequisite for INTJ-dom. It's more about the need for alone time to sort out thoughts.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

If you're Ni dom then INTJ works.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I used to confuse INTJ with "douchebag", to be honest. Lots of users on here who claim the type are really immature and unhealthy in their interaction with others.
    This is one of the things that strikes me very strange on this forum. I only know three rl confirmed, but I know them relatively (or very, very) well and have never gotten "douchebag" from any of them. Dorky, smart, robot, yeah, but never douchebag.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    First, I'm sorry you were saddled with such a poor opinion of INTJs for so long. I like to think the ones in my family (myself included) don't come off as 'douchebags', and we're tremendously goofy when we hang out together. Maybe it's just that our writing style is often a little dry on forums..?

Anyway, if you find yourself needing to recharge energy alone, rather than recharging by getting energy from interactions with others, I'll accept you as an INTJ. While a lot of us are geeky, I don't think that's a prerequisite for INTJ-dom. It's more about the need for alone time to sort out thoughts.

Yeah, same here. A lot of my opinions were colored by trolls and people displaying anti-social behavior.
    A couple of those still hang out here, and while they are not subjects for termination or the like, they are annoying as hell.

But, you seem okay. So do others.
    A lot of my favorite people are INTJs, and I identify with some of them.
    Especially the older ones, for some reason.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    This is one of the things that strikes me very strange on this forum. I only know three rl confirmed, but I know them relatively (or very, very) well and have never gotten "douchebag" from any of them. Dorky, smart, robot, yeah, but never douchebag.
    Yeah, neither have I. It's people online.
    I know a few INTJs. Four or five, I think.
    I suspect my grandfather was an INTJ, too.

How sure are you of having a preference for Ni and Te? I don't mean for you to doubt yourself, I'm just curious of what your understanding is.
    Hello

MBTI
    INTJ

A lot of my favorite people are INTJs, and I identify with some of them.
    Especially the older ones, for some reason.
    That makes sense... the older ones are probably more in touch with their tertiary (Fi) and maybe even inferior (Se) functions, and that's usually good for human interaction, heh.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    How sure are you of having a preference for Ni and Te? I don't mean for you to doubt yourself, I'm just curious of what your understanding is.
    I am very sure of the functions. I've claimed to be an Ni-dom for over a year now, so naturally I have done a lot of reading about it as well as a few tests.
    Sort of inevitable.

Ni always ends up far above anything else. Te is always really high, too.
    Edit: although Ne sometimes slips in ahead of Te. But I definitely use Te more.

I am very sure of the functions. I've claimed to be an Ni-dom for over a year now, so naturally I have done a lot of reading about it as well as a few tests.
    Sort of inevitable.

Ni always ends up far above anything else. Te is always really high, too.
    That's good enough for me. Just a few questions I wanna ask:

Have you read either of these pages, and do you identify with the ideas they talk about?

Tertiary Temptation
    Attitudes from the Horse's Mouth

Also, do any of these threads that I've made make sense to you?

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...rojection.html
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-function.html
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-all-else.html
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-dominant.html
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ntp-guide.html

HAPPY READING
    Hello