• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I am probably an INTJ. Or am I?

What type is Jesus?

• INTJ

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Neither, please explain further.

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jesus is out of the closet.
I have long been bi-curious when it comes to the whole I vs E question.
Now, I have determined after careful studies and ransacking that I must be an introvert.

I confused "social skills" with extroversion for so long that it became a part of my thought patterns and hard to separate from truth.
Just because I thought I weren't affected by this. Or rather, unconsciously.

I have long known that Ni is my primary function according to both self-examination and tests.
Doesn't make sense in an ENTJ.
My interests does not make sense for an ENTJ.
My needs are not ENTJ-like. I need to read. Spend lots and lots of time alone doing really geeky stuff. I roleplay a lot. I am a walking encyclopedia.

I used to confuse INTJ with "douchebag", to be honest. Lots of users on here who claim the type are really immature and unhealthy in their interaction with others.

So... I have had some serious unconscious mental barriers against accepting introversion as a part of myself.

A thing that I have thought about for a long time is that many INTJs seem to be pretty non-nonsense like and strict, in a manner of speaking.
I do fool around quite a bit when I am in a particular mood, with particular people.

Others, especially working or school colleagues/classmates respectively see me as somewhat of a machine, it seems.
I'm always that guy who knows all the weird stuff and how to connect it.
At least in my nerd subjects. I don't know jack about celebrities, cars, sports or other things that seems to be so interesting to people in general.

Well! Do you, forumites, accept me as INTJ or do you have any arguments against it?
If so, please give it to me so that I may consider it from your perspective.

(Yes, I know this thread is awfully self-centered. But what the heck, I am Jesus. Only Oasis is bigger.)

Bri

MBTI Type
INTJ
First, I'm sorry you were saddled with such a poor opinion of INTJs for so long. I like to think the ones in my family (myself included) don't come off as 'douchebags', and we're tremendously goofy when we hang out together. :) Maybe it's just that our writing style is often a little dry on forums..?

Anyway, if you find yourself needing to recharge energy alone, rather than recharging by getting energy from interactions with others, I'll accept you as an INTJ. While a lot of us are geeky, I don't think that's a prerequisite for INTJ-dom. It's more about the need for alone time to sort out thoughts.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If you're Ni dom then INTJ works.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I used to confuse INTJ with "douchebag", to be honest. Lots of users on here who claim the type are really immature and unhealthy in their interaction with others.

This is one of the things that strikes me very strange on this forum. I only know three rl confirmed, but I know them relatively (or very, very) well and have never gotten "douchebag" from any of them. Dorky, smart, robot, yeah, but never douchebag.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
First, I'm sorry you were saddled with such a poor opinion of INTJs for so long. I like to think the ones in my family (myself included) don't come off as 'douchebags', and we're tremendously goofy when we hang out together. :) Maybe it's just that our writing style is often a little dry on forums..?

Anyway, if you find yourself needing to recharge energy alone, rather than recharging by getting energy from interactions with others, I'll accept you as an INTJ. While a lot of us are geeky, I don't think that's a prerequisite for INTJ-dom. It's more about the need for alone time to sort out thoughts.

Yeah, same here. A lot of my opinions were colored by trolls and people displaying anti-social behavior.
A couple of those still hang out here, and while they are not subjects for termination or the like, they are annoying as hell. :D

But, you seem okay. So do others.
A lot of my favorite people are INTJs, and I identify with some of them.
Especially the older ones, for some reason.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is one of the things that strikes me very strange on this forum. I only know three rl confirmed, but I know them relatively (or very, very) well and have never gotten "douchebag" from any of them. Dorky, smart, robot, yeah, but never douchebag.

Yeah, neither have I. It's people online.
I know a few INTJs. Four or five, I think.
I suspect my grandfather was an INTJ, too.

VagrantFarce

How sure are you of having a preference for Ni and Te? I don't mean for you to doubt yourself, I'm just curious of what your understanding is. :)

Bri

MBTI Type
INTJ
A lot of my favorite people are INTJs, and I identify with some of them.
Especially the older ones, for some reason.
That makes sense... the older ones are probably more in touch with their tertiary (Fi) and maybe even inferior (Se) functions, and that's usually good for human interaction, heh.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How sure are you of having a preference for Ni and Te? I don't mean for you to doubt yourself, I'm just curious of what your understanding is. :)

I am very sure of the functions. I've claimed to be an Ni-dom for over a year now, so naturally I have done a lot of reading about it as well as a few tests.
Sort of inevitable.

Ni always ends up far above anything else. Te is always really high, too.
Edit: although Ne sometimes slips in ahead of Te. But I definitely use Te more.

VagrantFarce

I am very sure of the functions. I've claimed to be an Ni-dom for over a year now, so naturally I have done a lot of reading about it as well as a few tests.
Sort of inevitable.

Ni always ends up far above anything else. Te is always really high, too.

That's good enough for me. :) Just a few questions I wanna ask:

Have you read either of these pages, and do you identify with the ideas they talk about?

Tertiary Temptation
Attitudes from the Horse's Mouth

Also, do any of these threads that I've made make sense to you? :D

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...ality-matrices/22746-inferior-projection.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...-there-nothing-gain-my-inferior-function.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...26360-dominant-assumption-above-all-else.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...25018-explaining-inferior-terms-dominant.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/23302-intj-vs-intp-guide.html

HAPPY READING :wubbie:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:rofl1: Stick them threads in your beard, you farce :D

Nah, i'll read them. It'll take a while to respond, though.
I guess I only have to read the OP?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The tertiary temptation one seems like me when talking of tertiary Fi. Attitudes from the horse's mouth was really me.

I have read the thread "There is nothing to gain from my inferior function" before.
It's me to some extent. It makes sense. I used to think like that. Now I know I have something to gain from it.
I have actually managed to become quite good with extroverted sensing. I have areas within it that I am really bad at, though. Awareness of my surroundings can be quite limited, and it seems like it's impossible to train.
On the other hand, though, I am really good with physical stuff like fighting. Instinctual stuff based on reflexes and fine motor skill.

As for "The Dominant Assumption"...
INJ (Ni): "...reality is arbitrary, and we are nothing but irrational, pattern-seeking individuals. Every perspective is an assumption, and there is no right or wrong answer to anything."

That is indeed my take on most things when it comes to opinions. I do however conform to one thing, when it comes to politics.
The single most important thing in politics is the welfare of the largest possible amount of people. The rest is luxury and largely impossible to say whether it is definitely right or wrong.
Edit: for example, this is why I have never been able to muster any real contempt for the Soviet Union and the Third Reich. Relatively few died, the rest of society lived relatively well in relation to what cards they had at hand. Etc.
I'm not much for individualistic political approaches, and as such do not care for individual suffering when considering things on a larger scale.
It is unavoidable that someone's toes are slammed in the door or stepped on.
How much reason there was in certain arguments is another question... I have no goddamn idea as to how Hitler came to the conclusion that the Jews were to blame for "everything:steam:" :)D)

"Explaining the Inferior in terms of the Dominant" thread.

INJ (se): "Accepting things as they appear is just another way of looking at things."

This is one of my favorite quotations, from the book "The Walking Drum" by Louis L'Amour:

"Reality itself is a shadow, only an appearance accepted by those whose eyes shun what might lie beyond."

While it is linguistically different, they are close in nature and hold a similar meaning.
Yes, it makes total sense to me.

"INTJ vs INTP: A Guide"

"INTJs are decisive, creative planners who love to turn bizarre ideas into plans of action. These are the left-brain thinkers who might find the directionless, armchair discussions of an INTP almost insufferable. INTJs have a much more pragmatic view of the world, one that is driven by their internal intuition. Where an INTP's ideas might come from what reality presents them moment-to-moment, an INTJs intuition is more mysterious and out of their control. This leads some practitioners to playfully stereotype INTJs as having bizaare psychic or premonitionary powers, of which they have no control of and have no recourse but to act as vessels thereof. It was likely an INTJ who first conceived of things like the wheel, or the internal combustion engine. For the INTJ, reality is dictated by premonition."

Have I ever mentioned that I actually reinvented an altimeter without knowing anything about how it works?
I love doing stuff like that, and I reinvent them in my mind and later check it up and see how far off I were.
I'm usually not very far from the truth.

And again, it makes lots of sense. I am not really clumsy or socially awkward, though.
I have a lot of self-confidence, and I know when I do not suffice in some field. Social skills, especially reading people, is not a weak point.
Not by any measure the strongest, however, like you would expect in some ENF type.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
you couldn't be more INTJ if you tried :D

To say "thanks" is what first comes to mind, but then again that'd be acknowledging the subjective pleasure in being right...
Fuck it, I enjoy being right. :D Sorry for saying the F-word, moderateuurs...
At least it wasn't in the OP :D

The above sentences is one of the major reasons as to why I didn't think I was an INTJ.
I goof around a whole lot, and often.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We have two votes for "neither"... Please explain, as the poll instructed you to.
Four letters can be very exhausting :D

I am curious.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Shameless bump

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Bump. Btw... Is it somehow "illegal" to bump threads? ;)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ummm I have no idea what your type is; let's talk about Liam Gallagher instead.

Isn't he something? Way more important than you, for sure.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ummm I have no idea what your type is; let's talk about Liam Gallagher instead.

Isn't he something? Way more important than you, for sure.

Are you trying to mess with my delusions of grandeur? ;)
I'll give you a good spanking.