User Tag List

Thread: ISFJ???

MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram

Default ISFJ???

Is it just me or does anyone have trouble understanding ISFJs?
    I think I am dating one. It seems like he can talk in circles about things, finish my sentences and attempt to empathize, but the things he says are very cliche and unoriginal. Also he tends to put words in my mouth, which I don't like. I've never experienced this before. He is fond of idioms, catch phrases, and pop culture. Sometimes, I worry if he has the ability to come up with an original thought in his own head...he is in the navy also, tested ISTJ, at first.
    He talks a lot for an introvert... and an ISTJ, but he's very caring, and affectionate. I already caught him in a lie though he said he was going out with buddies for a week for a ski trip, then he dissapeared and wouldn't answer his phone. I called and he said he was with his ex. (that he broke up with 3 years ago...?) this is only after a month of knowing him. We also, met online...
    I think he is hiding something from me... He always wants to please me too, its always about pleasing me physically. He wants to hear how much I like him, over and over, like reassurance...
    Like he doesn't believe me...
    Or he needs it to continue...
    The lying is really bad... I also had another ISXJ lie and cheat right off the bat, so I am not suprized... I feel pressure to be pleased by his actions... he wants to make me happy that is one thing...where as ISTJ seems more self focused... hell he could he a P for all I know!
    He tested for ISTJ, INTJ, then ISFJ twice... I really don't know what to think other than he annoys me. but makes me crazy at the same time!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

This sounds more like xSFP.

Tests are subject to bias resulting from inaccurate self-image.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Sounds like the insecure, lying type.

Knowing his MBTI might not help you much there.

(But as a stranger on the internet I make no claim of being able to accurately assess your relationship. Best of luck )
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by hermeticdancer View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone have trouble understanding ISFJs?
    Actually most of my family is ISFJ, and I was married to one for close to two decades.

They don't confuse me in the least, aside from the fact that sometimes I can underestimate just HOW attached they are to stability and having things settled and hate/fight change or uncertainty, depending on their background.

I think I am dating one. It seems like he can talk in circles about things, finish my sentences and attempt to empathize, but the things he says are very cliche and unoriginal. Also he tends to put words in my mouth, which I don't like. I've never experienced this before. He is fond of idioms, catch phrases, and pop culture. Sometimes, I worry if he has the ability to come up with an original thought in his own head...he is in the navy also, tested ISTJ, at first.
    How many times are you going to post this again?

Lots of people do this sort of stuff.
    What's type have to do with being unoriginal or blase?

He talks a lot for an introvert... and an ISTJ, but he's very caring, and affectionate. I already caught him in a lie though he said he was going out with buddies for a week for a ski trip, then he dissapeared and wouldn't answer his phone. I called and he said he was with his ex. (that he broke up with 3 years ago...?) this is only after a month of knowing him. We also, met online...
    This paragraph sounds more like an FP or an ENxP.

I think he is hiding something from me... He always wants to please me too, its always about pleasing me physically. He wants to hear how much I like him, over and over, like reassurance...
    Either it's part of him knowing he's doing things right (more SJ) or caring about your feelings (FP) or it's just an insecure guy (any type).

The lying is really bad... I also had another ISXJ lie and cheat right off the bat, so I am not suprized... I feel pressure to be pleased by his actions... he wants to make me happy that is one thing...where as ISTJ seems more self focused... hell he could he a P for all I know! He tested for ISTJ, INTJ, then ISFJ twice... I really don't know what to think other than he annoys me. but makes me crazy at the same time!
    He could be anything based on this.
    The most rational guess I can make is that he's just immature.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by hermeticdancer View Post
    He talks a lot for an introvert... and an ISTJ, but he's very caring, and affectionate. I already caught him in a lie though he said he was going out with buddies for a week for a ski trip, then he dissapeared and wouldn't answer his phone. I called and he said he was with his ex. (that he broke up with 3 years ago...?) this is only after a month of knowing him.
    Red Flag

Like he doesn't believe me...
    Or he needs it to continue...
    Trust your instincts. You've already caught him lying so the trust is broken. Why are you still there?

The lying is really bad... I also had another ISXJ lie and cheat right off the bat, so I am not suprized... I feel pressure to be pleased by his actions... he wants to make me happy that is one thing...where as ISTJ seems more self focused... hell he could he a P for all I know!
    He tested for ISTJ, INTJ, then ISFJ twice... I really don't know what to think other than he annoys me. but makes me crazy at the same time!
    This is not kosher person thing. They are of all types and all people. If you don't like it don't stay. Your reading too much into this. You get 100% of what you tolerate in life. Don't like the result, stop doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.