• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Say What?!?!

P

Phantonym

Any thoughts? I'm having a weird day and I haven't had my own "type" thread yet. I feel that I'm not really anchored to any type out there. This doesn't mean that I'd like to be anchored to anything but still, I WANT TO KNOW. :dry: I keep doubting around three (INFJ, INFP and ISFJ). And yes, yes I know the bloody functions don't match. :rolli: If anyone who's bothered to read my posts or who has interacted with me more personally has any ideas of why/why not a certain type, then...shoot. I probably wouldn't be bothered to follow up on this but, meh.

R

Riva

You are a very cruel person. :D

Evidence -

CreepyAvatarRemoval.jpg

Therefore the conclusion -

INTJ

--------------------------------------------------

Nahhhhhhh you are a INFJ. I used to think you were a INFP but since you shed some light about your real life tendencies in communication now I know you are an INFJ. :)

P

Phantonym

Nahhhhhhh you are a INFJ. I used to think you were a INFP but since you shed some light about your real life tendencies in communication now I know you are an INFJ. :)

Hm. I did? Care to elaborate? And why INFP?

R

Riva

Hm. I did?

Yes

Care to elaborate? And why INFP?

You are a bit warmer and friendlier than other INFJs. Yes they are warm and nice but a bit cold.

Therefore I assumed INFP

--------------------------------------------------

But then you said -

"I am not that nice in real life" or something like that.

I think you said not so huggy. Can't remember which.

And you also said you are not so attached to your friends and that you have only 2 real friends whom you have known for ages and you can catch up with them even if you see them only once an year.

not so attached to your friends - sounds a lot like Ti.

P

Phantonym

You are a bit warmer and friendlier than other INFJs. Yes they are warm and nice but a bit cold.

But then you said -

"I am not that nice in real life" or something like that.

I think you said not so huggy. Can't remember which.

And you also said you are not so attached to your friends and that you have only 2 real friends whom you have known for ages and you can catch up with them even if you see them only once an year.

not so attached to your friends - sounds a lot like Ti.

Yeah, that can be said about anybody.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I keep coming back to INFJ for you.
I see Ni in you, but I don't think you're drowning in it.
I see Fe in you, a lot actually. Possibly more Fe than Ni, but I'm not suggesting you are an extrovert. That may be the "warmth" Curzon is speaking of.
I have no idea why this is hard for me :doh: :D.

P

Phantonym

Which part?

Not being that nice or huggy all the time, not being so attached to friends can be applied to anybody at any given time. I don't see them as type related.

Ah, well, never mind.

P

Phantonym

I keep coming back to INFJ for you.
I see Ni in you, but I don't think you're drowning in it.
I see Fe in you, a lot actually. Possibly more Fe than Ni, but I'm not suggesting you are an extrovert. That may be the "warmth" Curzon is speaking of.
I have no idea why this is hard for me :doh: :D.

Yes. I can "feel" them in me as well, just like other functions.

I keep coming back to INFJ as well, that's why I have it up as my type. But once and a while I still wonder. Heh, yeah, it is hard. :D

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your warmth is a strength for you. As far as I can tell I would say INFJ with a strong connection to your Fe. Your presence is like a cappuccino with nuanced flavors and a grand dollop of cream. :)

P

Phantonym

What exactly do you wonder about?

:laugh: Well, yeah, if I could answer that I wouldn't have any problems.

It's actually pretty easy to type other people when they describe themselves. And it's easy to give advice about what people should do to find out their type. But I'm having difficulties with applying that to myself or even describing myself.

Oh man, now I regret making this thread.

Your warmth is a strength for you. As far as I can tell I would say INFJ with a strong connection to your Fe. Your presence is like a cappuccino with nuanced flavors and a grand dollop of cream. :)

Haha. Thanks, I love the image. But what comes to Fe, I think I express it more in the forum than in real life. :thinking: Or maybe I am, but it's more "internal", as in I think about all the "social graces", expressions of warmth and so on but I rarely express them outwardly. Does this even make sense? Is it even possible?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I know that your function test results are saying INFP. (if I remember correctly)

However you don't sound like one.
While I don't get that much Si vibes from you either.

So INFJ is probably the "best choice" for you.

Especially since you and I seem to be on a similar wavelenght often.

P

Phantonym

I know that your function test results are saying INFP. (if I remember correctly)
Ha. Yes. Mostly INFP. Lately I've started to get INTJ, INTP and even ENTP :eek: Ok, I guess I can blame stress for that.

However you don't sound like one.
While I don't get that much Si vibes from you either.

So INFJ is probably the "best choice" for you.

Especially since you and I seem to be on a similar wavelenght often.

Ok, vibes are good. I can deal with vibes.

What would be Si vibes, exactly?

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
definately N (look at our convo...not even once have you said WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN yet, nothing has had to be explained)

not P...just the worst J ever; your tendency is to somewhat define a conversation with absolutes which, from what i know, INFPs have trouble with...you use constructs in convos to make sure your exact point gets across.

what you think is your recent T-ness is most likely a manifestation of your Fe...a little bit pissed or bored Fe
you could probably attribute your INTJ tests to lack of stuff to fuel the NF temperament? cut off from people (that count) lately? feeling like you have been living a little bit outside of your normal Sky is BLUE persona lately? a little stressed?

its also possible that you are not living up to your image of your ideal self. doing somethings in accordance with social convention that you dont usually do?

that said, you are the only INFJ i've ever talked to...so i may be wrong on all accounts
i have however seen INFP, ENFJ, and INTJ. you dont strike as any of them. if anything, you strike me as a mixture of ENFJ and INTJ...INFJ

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFJ with a lot of free time or INFP.

P

Phantonym

You don't sound like someone who is down to Earth. (at least not completly)
For example there is a observable difference between you and Giggly.

Not down to Earth. :thinking: Oh? Ok. :D Mental note: must stalk Giggly.

definately N (look at our convo...not even once have you said WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN yet, nothing has had to be explained)
Haha. Yeah. That's actually easy to do because we haven't wandered off that casual banter zone. And I wouldn't actually admit that I don't understand people, not openly anyway. I make a mental note to research on the subject if I don't understand when, in reality, I just avoid talking about the topic and change it faster than...whatever.

not P...just the worst J ever; your tendency is to somewhat define a conversation with absolutes which, from what i know, INFPs have trouble with...you use constructs in convos to make sure your exact point gets across.
Ok, yes. I can agree with that.

what you think is your recent T-ness is most likely a manifestation of your Fe...a little bit pissed or bored Fe
Hm. That's interesting. I'd have to think about this one a bit more. I don't actually consider myself a T. Ha. I'm lead by my heart, occasionally to such an extent that it's ridiculous. Some of you T people can certainly vouch for that, I think.

you could probably attribute your INTJ tests to lack of stuff to fuel the NF temperament? cut off from people (that count) lately? feeling like you have been living a little bit outside of your normal Sky is BLUE persona lately? a little stressed?

its also possible that you are not living up to your image of your ideal self. doing somethings in accordance with social convention that you dont usually do?

Probably, yes.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Haha. Yeah. That's actually easy to do because we haven't wandered off that casual banter zone. And I wouldn't actually admit that I don't understand people, not openly anyway. I make a mental note to research on the subject if I don't understand when, in reality, I just avoid talking about the topic and change it faster than...whatever.

actually the questioning (...WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN yet...) is only applicable in the banter zone. if we talk about esoteric subjects one of us will feel inadequate in knowledge but not dumb in admitting that they know nothing about it. it is only in the banter zone we perceive the other as no greater than ourselves and thus the hesitation in admitting our own weakness.

but you still respond with something close enough that actually makes sense and is a sure sign of N