12 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default questioning my type

im not sure if im just a girly, romantic entp
    or just a perceptive and practical enfp
    or if its just a flaw in the system

when it comes to my default, i do use my T function over my F

when it comes to romance, i tend to get very romantic and idealistic although i dont lose sight of my reason. im also very girly and i do get my feelings hurt by potential suitors or my s.o, especially when ive chosen to expose them. i can be pretty vulnerable and delicate sometimes.

im always dreaming and am very affectionate. i can be loving and caring but all of these things dont come too naturally to me...i cant be like this all the time although i want to. i also have to have a deep connection with someone or else it feels fake and just not right and i get "grossed" out.

when i read the "Quick Guide" i was kind of torn between these

Idealist/Catalyst (Abstract and Affiliative): Want to be authentic, benevolent, and empathic. Search for identity, meaning, and significance. Are relationship oriented, particularly valuing meaningful relationships. (INFP, INFJ, ENFP, ENFJ)

Rational/Theorist (Abstract and Pragmatic): Want knowledge and to be competent, to achieve mastery. Seek expertise to understand how the world and things in it work. (INTP, INTJ, ENTP, ENTJ)

when im in a relationship with someone or with my family, i want to be the idealist/catalyst with them and i usually kind of am to a certain extent.

personally, i do find myself as a theorist/rationalist

although i do sympathize with people's situations and i place myself in their shoes, i dont give any advice that is altered by feelings. i see their problems from different angles and always give the best advice i can.
    i actually LIKE to hear people talk about their concerns but its more because im interested in their SITUATION, not necessarily them although helping them progress is an added bonus. i like figuring out the "bigger picture" of their situations and coming up with different conclusions.

i dont know...

any ideas/opinions/theories
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    enfp

i'd like to practice switching my J and P back and forth fast. maybe thats what u are doing with ur N and T.

too bad there's no switching skill measurements. lolz

MBTI
    ENTP

you mean switch between F and T? :P

hm...that could be a possibility.

i wonder how many do that
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    enfp

woops, i meant f and t, u are right. >_<

people do it unconsciously all the time... i think as i get older, i def. am not answering those personality questions in the same way vs. 10 years ago... even tho so far my basic type has stayed the same...

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm somewhat girly and romantic too. I think all ENTP girls are. When they want to be...
    But then again I realize that even though F is nice, romantic and warm, it kinda sucks when you have to make the best out of controversial situations. So when making important decisions I prefer using my T, because as my experience shows it usually leads to a greater success.
    I think you're an ENTP with a strong F.
    Oh yeah?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Interesting, you come across as SP online to me, buuuuut as an ENTP I can relate quite a bit to what you wrote.

Relationships are a major cause of confusion for me, I can be idealistic but in order for it to be authentic there is an element of vulnerability which is very uncomfortable.

If this is why you think you're an ENFP then I'd say not.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'd say you're an ExTP that has no problems going into and operating under Pe-Fe mode.

MBTI
    ENTP

Mitzy,

A killer question... you are seeing someone and you figure out that you are not totally seeing a future with them

Typically do you keep or dump? How difficult would be it be to dump them, even if you liked that person a lot....

A T typically would dump them even if it was hard... they want to be in relationships with future and F type would struggle big time.

Being T doens't mean you have no F.... I have a pretty good F but my T is still a LOT bigger.....

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Mitzy,

A killer question... you are seeing someone and you figure out that you are not totally seeing a future with them

Typically do you keep or dump? How difficult would be it be to dump them, even if you liked that person a lot....

A T typically would dump them even if it was hard... they want to be in relationships with future and F type would struggle big time.

Being T doens't mean you have no F.... I have a pretty good F but my T is still a LOT bigger.....
    I don't think it's always so cut and dry like this. If anything Feelers can have a much better idea of how they feel in regards to a person and how the relationship will go, leading to a better ability to make interpersonal and relationship decisions.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I don't think it's always so cut and dry like this. If anything Feelers can have a much better idea of how they feel in regards to a person and how the relationship will go.
    I do agree that it's not always clean cut... go and look at both the threads which I started in late summer.... in the MBTI section, F truely had major issues dumping, T's much less so.

I apprecaite the keep or dump dicotomy is not always clean cut, but it gets you closer quicker... as a person with a fair bit of F myself, I do make major decisions based on T thinking. I also shop like that too

Look at the narative not just the pole results, the F's were really funny
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ng-t-ness.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ng-f-ness.html