• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Analyze Victor/split from Forum's Scariest Members

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If user1 is Fi and user1 is illogical, does it follow that all Fi users are illogical?

(fixed)

No, user1 can't be described as wholly logical or illogical. Fi types also have Te, which lets them use impersonal logic when necessary--the difference is the source of ethics/logic.

If you get your ethics from inside and your logic from outside, you're an Fi/Te type.

If you get your logic from inside and your ethics from outside, you're a Ti/Fe type.

Both are logical and both are illogical; it's just different styles based on whether the conception of each is validated internally or externally.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Note to self: big blue fonts may not elicit tons of responses :D

Qre:us

Still, I am unsure about one thing. Does he take the creativity too far to be a healthy individual?

Creativity is limitlessly healthy; the ego borne out of the self-identification of that creativity (constantly needing to be fed, admired, petted), this, tips it over the edge from healthy to unhealthy.

Case in point: Victor Reginald Shortus.

It is his ego that defends itself with righteous pretension that I do not like; however, I have the utmost respect for his creativity.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Creativity is limitlessly healthy; the ego borne out of the self-identification of that creativity (constantly needing to be fed, admired, petted), this, tips it over the edge from healthy to unhealthy.

Yes, and actually the ego being present is lessening the creativity, as you have to limit your creativeness into certain type of activity. Activity that provokes the wanted reaction. So, you confine the creativity to what you think other people expect.

Many artists have this problem after they become famous... The free flow is gone and they just end up duplicating their own works.

Yes, and actually the ego being present is lessening the creativity, as you have to limit your creativeness into certain type of activity. Activity that provokes the wanted reaction. So, you confine the creativity to what you think other people expect.

Many artists have this problem after they become famous... The free flow is gone and they just end up duplicating their own works.

Yes, it reminds me of the metamorphosis (into) narcissus, like Salvador Dali.

redacted

What extreme intuition?

C'mon folks, try it yourself, there's almost always one word from the previous sentence in the one following:

Posting "like" Victor is not hard to do.

Hard is trying to tie your shoe while you're walking down the sidewalk.

Down the cold-hard sidewalk of life where stopping is frowned upon.

And because it's frowned upon, we don't dare to violate the rules.

The rules tell us that frowning will only increase your wrinkles in old age.

But only the truly old or truly young have no wrinkles of the soul.

Their souls are free; wrinkle-free that is ;).​

Sorry, that was awful, but it's stream of consciousness, more than intuition in my eyes. It feels good, and I maintain Victor sees words as art and paints us pictures thusly.

ISFP.

I agree.
Intentionally vague is not the same thing as intuitive.

You guys have it wrong. It is not intentionally vague. It's like Wildcat. N is easier than S for Victor -- it's his default. Which of his posts aren't abstract or metaphor-laden?

Type is not about ability. It's no feat to feign N as an S or vice versa. It's about preference and more importantly about predictive power. Clearly an N mentality is more predictive of Victor's mode of analysis than an S mentality.

Mole

Permabanned
I don't know what's going on in this thread as I wasn't interested enough to go through the 29 pages.. But, I think that if Victor has indeed done all the things he says he's done and if his writing and thinking style really is as it seems, then he is a genius in spontaneity and creativity. Still, I am unsure about one thing. Does he take the creativity too far to be a healthy individual? There are different types of creative individuals and not all of them are healthy. I do appreciate the effort, though.. (Victor will say it's not an effort really, but something else, I'm sure...)

Keep it up, V!

Thank you Nolla. It's nice to hear from Finland.

And I listen to your advice about healthy and unhealthy creativity.

And of course you are right - I do say it is not an effort but a pleasure.

Just as it is a great pleasure to talk with you.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Clearly an N mentality is more predictive of Victor's mode of analysis than an S mentality.

I agree that he's more often motivated by his N function than his S function, but that doesn't preclude him from being an xSxx type. ISFP emphasizing Ni over Se would look exactly like this (Fi+Ni.)

Mole

Permabanned

Yes, you are most insightful at many levels.

For the flow of creativity to continue it is important not to do the same thing twice.

And in duplicating your own work, you become a parody of yourself.

Also you have hit the nail on the head when you say ego limits creativity.

For instance, here I am constantly asked to explain myself. In other words I am constantly asked to slip back into my own ego. And I can only do this at the expense of my creativity. And I find this annoying.

However annoyance breeds annoyance and I think many here are annoyed at my creativity and would like to destroy it. And instinctively they seem to know that if they can provoke my ego, they will have succeeded in destroying my creativity.

So you can imagine, Nolla, what a pleasure for me to read your posts and find I am understood.

Go Finland!

Go Finland! :static:
Fixed.

SM914~1-Kiss-Ass-Posters.jpg

Mole

Permabanned
I feel like I have to pull a Halla around here to get my questions noticed:

Victor, after all of this discussion, do you feel any closer to deciding your type? Previously you said at least xxFx; does anything resonate more fully with you now?

And I am still curious what enneagram type you would identify with.

You must realise, Peace Baby, that type is an acid bath for me.

So rather than putting me in the bath, Baby, I would prefer you to be my Muse.

redacted

I agree that he's more often motivated by his N function than his S function, but that doesn't preclude him from being an xSxx type. ISFP emphasizing Ni over Se would look exactly like this (Fi+Ni.)

I really just can't see Victor being anything other than an N dominant. So I guess we agree to disagree. :)

Mole

Permabanned

Case in point: Victor Reginald Shortus.

It is his ego that defends itself with righteous pretension that I do not like; however, I have the utmost respect for his creativity.

When my ego is attacked, it defends itself. You know this but keep on attacking me.

You also know now that my ego comes at the expense of my creativity. And that it the deeper reason you continue to attack me.

And the even deeper reason is that you hate your own creativity even more than you hate mine.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Victor, after all of this discussion, do you feel any closer to deciding your type? Previously you said at least xxFx; does anything resonate more fully with you now?

And I am still curious what enneagram type you would identify with.

He doesn't want to be typed, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to be analysed either, which is why doing so is pointless at best. What type he is or isn't makes no difference.

Carry on.

Ps lol @ pull a Halla! I'm so gonna use that :D

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I don't know if it's been settled yet because I'm not going to read 32 pages of stuff, but...

Victor definitely identified himself as an INFP before he removed the type. I remember that, for what it's worth.

Mole

Permabanned
I will dissagree with your logic as what an eye sees is no different then what an ear hears.

My point is about the effects of the print media versus the electronic media.

I am saying the print media privileges the eye while the electronic media engages all the senses, including the ear.

So in a sense you are right to say, "What the eyes sees is no different than what the ear hears".

Rather it is the way the eyes sees that is different than the way the ear hears.

They may both see and hear the same thing but they perceive the same thing in different ways and so give rise to different logics.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Victor definitely identified himself as an INFP before he removed the type. I remember that, for what it's worth.

He put INFP in his type because someone told him too ;)

IIRC it was Jack Flaks recommendation.

Mole

Permabanned
He doesn't want to be typed, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to be analysed either, which is why doing so is pointless at best. What type he is or isn't makes no difference.

This is true. However I would like you to be my Muse. And I do think a Muse in Adelaide would be just about perfect.

Mole

Permabanned
He put INFP in his type because someone told him too ;)

IIRC it was Jack Flaks recommendation.

Exactly.

You see what a good Muse you are becoming.

Jack may have gone, but Trinity remembers.