• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Analyze Victor/split from Forum's Scariest Members

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like to think I'll resist the temptation to deconstruct Fi's "logic" this time, but I probably won't.

One time I asked one of them,

"If Bob is a dog and all dogs are green, is it logically necessarily true that Bob is green?"

And she said no, that this was a subjective evaluation on my part. I still have trouble with that.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your criticism is based on a Ti-oriented definition of consistency.

Fi-ers frequently describe themselves as "very logical" because to them, Fi is logic.

Case in point.

Sure, I'm quite certain that my Fi is responding to the Fi of another.

However, Vagrant Farce says he sees "causal Te logic" in Victor's posts, and people with Fi also have Te, so don't be an ass.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Posting like Victor is not hard to do. I do it all the time. The hard thing is being Victor. For behind every post is a logical mind and a beating heart. You look at my posts and don't see me. But here I am.

I feel you in my heart-space Victor. You are looking for travellers on the journey with you. Sending you a big :hug: and I am glad you are you.

I couldn't be you nearly as well as you do. ;)

After all of this discussion, do you feel any closer to deciding your type? Previously you said at least xxFx; does anything resonate more fully with you now?

And I am still curious what enneagram type you would identify with.

I like to think I'll resist the temptation to deconstruct Fi's "logic" this time, but I probably won't.
"If Bob is a dog and all dogs are green, is it logically necessarily true that Bob is green?"
And she said no, that this was a subjective evaluation on my part. I still have trouble with that.

Please, let's not confuse IQ with typology. Shame on you.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sure, I'm quite certain that my Fi is responding to the Fi of another.

However, Vagrant Farce says he sees "causal Te logic" in Victor's posts, and people with Fi also have Te, so don't be an ass.

I'm not being an ass. Dial down the Fi knob a little. I'm just stating facts.

We Ti-ers see Te in the same way that Fi-ers see Fe. It's just as hard for us to understand how logic could be dependent upon external conditions as it is for you to understand how ethics might be.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

If user1 is Fi and user1 is illogical, does it follow that all Fi users are illogical?

(fixed)

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Only if all cows eat grass.

Mole

Permabanned
"Just connect".

Victor, the sentiment of this post: contradicts your previous one:
Are we connecting with each other or are we not?

When you point out my contradictions in public, we are not connecting.

If instead of pointing out my contradictions, you were to tell me how you felt about me, particularly your negative feelings, we would connect.

Mole

Permabanned
Previously he has said he does not want his posts to be read as logical...and since he now brought it up, I want him to explain.

You point out my contradictions and you want me to explain. It seems you are on my case. But even if I admit the sin of contradiction, you won't be happy. And no matter how much I explain, you won't understand.

Let us take a case in point -

There is the logic of the eye which is linear and sequential. And there is the logic of the ear which happens all at once.

See, I have explained logic to you and you don't understand.

But the fact is I understand but you don't. And you compensate for not understanding by seeking out contradictions and peremptorily asking me to explain.

And you want me to take you seriously.

I would take you seriously if you came out from behind your defences and said how you feel.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Want me to tell you how I feel?

Mole

Permabanned
Want me to tell you how I feel?

Um, I feel a bit like a rabbit caught in the glare of the headlights.

Look, Tilty, I will move slightly off the road and watch you drive by.

The road is open and clear and I would love to know how you feel.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't know what's going on in this thread as I wasn't interested enough to go through the 29 pages.. But, I think that if Victor has indeed done all the things he says he's done and if his writing and thinking style really is as it seems, then he is a genius in spontaneity and creativity. Still, I am unsure about one thing. Does he take the creativity too far to be a healthy individual? There are different types of creative individuals and not all of them are healthy. I do appreciate the effort, though.. (Victor will say it's not an effort really, but something else, I'm sure...)

Keep it up, V!

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It was a rhetorical question, and maybe a little rude.

But thank you at least for a response in plain English.

Qre:us

When you point out my contradictions in public, we are not connecting.

If instead of pointing out my contradictions, you were to tell me how you felt about me, particularly your negative feelings, we would connect.

As you wish.

Rather, dear Q, you have joined the Typology tribe in the global village where there is no vanishing point, and no point of view, and no perspective. No wonder you feel disorientated. But always remember that disorientation is a sign you are learning something new - that is why each University year begins with Orientation Week.

So now we all feel the same thing at the same time - our thoughts and feeling are imploding into one another every time we log on.

Surely you have noticed.

The old East gave us the compass, so we learned to Orient ourselves.

The forefathers of the West, the Greeks, told us to look up at the heavens, and follow the stars.

So we perfected navigation.

And, now we move with ease, to each other, through each other.

We move, but we never reach.

The East is the West if you move but a step.

What is orientation? Is it me, to you, and you to me?

I navigate by moving, yet, I navigate to reach.

She told him, You'll follow the stars to reach me, guided by the pull of your heart.

He nodded, in her direction, and off he went.

She looked up at the stars, pushed away fear, pulled in hope.

The galaxy quivered in sadness when the star died.

The novelty of the Supernova.

A novel in the making.

The brilliance of the gaze was a haze through her tears.

That day, she retired her stargazing, put away the compass of her heart.

Because he failed to reach her.

They say opposites attract.

But the East was the East, and the West was the West, and never the twains did meet.

You move so well, but, what will you do, dear Victor, to reach me?

Have you noticed, our eden is to the East?

Nay, my west, your east.

Will you forefit your orientation, call your West my East?

Or will you keep passing through me?

Come, to me. Reach me.

Mole

Permabanned
As you wish.

The old East gave us the compass, so we learned to Orient ourselves.

The forefathers of the West, the Greeks, told us to look up at the heavens, and follow the stars.

So we perfected navigation.

And, now we move with ease, to each other, through each other.

We move, but we never reach.

The East is the West if you move but a step.

What is orientation? Is it me, to you, and you to me?

I navigate by moving, yet, I navigate to reach.

She told him, You'll follow the stars to reach me, guided by the pull of your heart.

He nodded, in her direction, and off he went.

She looked up at the stars, pushed away fear, pulled in hope.

The galaxy quivered in sadness when the star died.

The novelty of the Supernova.

A novel in the making.

The brilliance of the gaze was a haze through her tears.

That day, she retired her stargazing, put away the compass of her heart.

Because he didn't reach her.

They say opposites attract.

But the East was the East, and the West was the West, and never the twains did meet.

You move so well, but, what will you do, dear Victor, to reach me?

Have you noticed, our eden is to the East?

Nay, my west, your east.

Will you forefit your orientation, call your West my East?

Or will you keep passing through me?

Come, to me. Reach me.

Alas, dear Q, you have written a pastiche that only works to keep us further apart.

A pastiche is like the body without the soul. And it is your soul I seek so I use my soul as bait.

What more could I do to bring us together, than to put my soul at hazard?

I roll the dice and hope it comes up Q.

Qre:us

Alas, dear Q, you have written a pastiche that only works to keep us further apart.

A pastiche is like the body without the soul. And it is your soul I seek so I use my soul as bait.

What more could I do to being us together, than to put my soul at hazard?

I roll the dice and hope it comes up Q.

And you play with words.

Just as you play with me.

It is not the dice that determines your destiny.

But the willingness to slice.

You wield your sword in the wrong direction.

It kills the soul rather than uplift.

You build walls.

To keep what you believe to be my Trojan horse, at bay.

Higher and higher it grows.

I see the cracks.

I touch a brick.

And the wall comes a' tumblin' down.

PS - someone can't take another playing in their field. Selfish, Victor, shellfish. And the Jews were told to keep away from shellfish, just like I will keep away from your (bruised) ego, from now on.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There is the logic of the eye which is linear and sequential. And there is the logic of the ear which happens all at once.

I will dissagree with your logic as what an eye sees is no different then what an ear hears.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I feel like I have to pull a Halla around here to get my questions noticed:

Victor, after all of this discussion, do you feel any closer to deciding your type? Previously you said at least xxFx; does anything resonate more fully with you now?

And I am still curious what enneagram type you would identify with.