• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Analyze Victor/split from Forum's Scariest Members

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Victor has stated he doesn't plan his posts - they're always spontaneous, and he posts for effect - basically to get attention.

SP-Artisan. Case closed.

NEXT!

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
BlackCat's long-lost brother from another mother.....the other ISFP who was confused for an INFP because he was stuck in the FiNi loop.

Can you see it? Can ya? Can ya?
I always used to associate the two together (and occasionally mixed them up for some reason. IIRC, Blackcat may have been going through a bit of a cynical phase for awhile).

Victor was wearling INFP before, and I never really questioned that, though his perpetual skepticism did seem out of character for an INFP. He seemed like a T, makign logical arguments against MBTI, but then at the same time, this did seem like more to just dismantle the framework, which would fit "demonic" (8th place) Ti. But still, that raised the question of why he was here, then. From what I know of INFP, if something went against their values, they would not hang around just bashing it; they would move on.

So if he's really operating so much, potentially from the shadows, then it will be hard to tell what he really prefers.

As for Ne vs Ni; I'm not sure what people are going by, but then all I really remember of him are his comments on MBTI. I guess calling it a "cult" and the associated conspiracy rhetoric is supposed to be Ni? That could be "senex" (grumpy old man archetype) Ni, as that's how it works for me as well.

This post
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...it-forum-s-scariest-members-7.html#post987183
does sound like a more natural INFP coming out.

Mole

Permabanned
Victor, what was your childhood like?

I was lucky. I had a mother and father who loved and looked after my sister and myself.

Before my sister came along I had an imaginary friend called Didi who lived in the mirror of my mother's wardrobe. And unsurprisingly he was blonde and playful, quite like myself.

I learnt to swim in the ocean pool at Maroubra. Then we moved to the country at Picton and found a lovely dog called Blackie who become part of the family. But Blackie was always a little jealous of my pony, Trixie, a piebald who loved to jump.

I liked to organise groups of friends who might play monopoly all night. But my big project was to organise a group every weekend to build an outdoor area on the side of the hill outside our home. And all our earthworks culminated in a huge bonfire on Guy Fawkes night to which all the neighbours were invited.

I also organised my friends to build canoes from roofing tin and tar and paddle them in Stoney Creek.

And we used to go on day long bike rides from Picton to Menangle for a swim.

And sometimes my sister and I would catch the train and the ferry all the way to Manly in Sydney for a day long outing. Or these two little children would catch the train in the opposite direction to the lovely outdoor swimming pool in Mittagong under the trees.

And we would always return to a delicious home cooked meal by our mother.

And I was always secretly in love with a little girl from school. But I never told her.

My parents brought me books and my father taught me to box and fish.

And of course they read aloud to me particularly, "Wind in the Willows".

So I carry this treasure with me always.

Qre:us

I was lucky. I had a mother and father who loved and looked after my sister and myself.

Before my sister came along I had an imaginary friend called Didi who lived in mirror of my mother's wardrobe. And unsurprisingly he was blonde and playful, quite like myself.

I learnt to swim in the ocean pool at Maroubra. Then we moved to the country at Picton and found a lovely dog called Blackie who become part of the family. But Blackie was always a little jealous of my pony, Trixie, a piebald who loved to jump.

I liked to organise groups of friends who might play monopoly all night. But my big project was to organise a group every weekend to build an outdoor area on the side of the hill outside our home. And all our earthworks culminated in a huge bonfire on Guy Fawkes night to which all the neighbours were invited.

I also organised my friends to build canoes from roofing tin and tar and paddle them in Stoney Creek.

And we used to go on day long bike rides from Picton to Menangle for a swim.

And I was always secretly in love with a little girl from school. But I never told her.

My parents brought me books and my father taught me to box and fish.

And of course they read aloud to me particularly, "Wind in the Willows".

So I carry this treasure with me always.

My first thought was a likeness to Anne Shirley from Green Gables and the friends she made, and the activities she organized/did.

I always used to associate the two together (and occasionally mixed them up for some reason. IIRC, Blackcat may have been going through a bit of a cynical phase for awhile).

Victor was wearling INFP before, and I never really questioned that, though his perpetual skepticism did seem out of character for an INFP. He seemed like a T, makign logical arguments against MBTI, but then at the same time, this did seem like more to just dismantle the framework, which would fit "demonic" (8th place) Ti. But still, that raised the question of why he was here, then. From what I know of INFP, if something went against their values, they would not hang around just bashing it; they would move on.

So if he's really operating so much, potentially from the shadows, then it will be hard to tell what he really prefers.

As for Ne vs Ni; I'm not sure what people are going by, but then all I really remember of him are his comments on MBTI. I guess calling it a "cult" and the associated conspiracy rhetoric is supposed to be Ni? That could be "senex" (grumpy old man archetype) Ni, as that's how it works for me as well.

Victor's "art" - Fi/Ni - ISFP

Victor breaking his persona.....INFP

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Victor, I have a question - what enneagram type do you most identify with?

(If it's already been posted somewhere, someone link me to the post please!)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have always liked his responses. Didnt always agree with them and there was always one or 2 lines that just seemed off. They were pretty logical, but it seemed like his posts made a jump somewhere in it where it became feeling as opposed to logic and then converted back. The flow of his comments are very linear, making small jumps within each statement. Something about it just hits a good chord in the way he words things.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

All the organizing of friends for activities doesn't sound (stereo)typical INFP :D
Not that we cannot organize, but you know....

Mole

Permabanned
All the organizing of friends for activities doesn't sound (stereo)typical INFP :D
Not that we cannot organize, but you know....

You know, it is starting to occur to me that not relating to me as a person, but typing me, is an insult.

If that is true, then typing anyone, rather than relating directly to them as a person, is also an insult.

And if this is true, it is quite extraordinary as it means MBTI is inherently insulting to a person.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You know, it is starting to occur to me that not relating to me as a person, but typing me, is an insult.

If that is true, then typing anyone, rather than relating directly to them as a person, is also an insult.

And if this is true, it is quite extraordinary as it means MBTI is inherently insulting to a person.

So you think the individual needs to relate something to themselves for them to truly understand it?

Hmmmm....that sounds so Fi :newwink: :tongue:

Jung contrasting Ni with Ji said:
Consequently, in the above-mentioned example, the introverted intuitive, when affected by the giddiness, would not imagine that the perceived image might also in some way refer to himself. Naturally, to one who is rationally orientated, such a thing seems almost unthinkable, but it is none the less a fact, and I have often experienced it in my dealings with this type.

I think people try to depersonalize a person to type them sometimes, because they strive to see them objectively. I can see how that can be offensive, and inaccurate, because you cannot depersonalize a person. So maybe types are "this person is ESFP (or whatever) in relation to me, an INFP (or whatever you consider yourself)."

Mole

Permabanned
So you think the individual needs to relate something to themselves for them to truly understand it?

Hmmmm....that sounds so Fi :newwink: :tongue:

I think people try to depersonalize a person to type them sometimes, because they strive to see them objectively. I can see how that can be offensive, and inaccurate, because you cannot depersonalize a person. So maybe types are "this person is ESFP (or whatever) in relation to me, an INFP (or whatever you consider yourself)."

Yes, I think my visceral reaction to MBTI is that it is reifying, or to use your word, depersonalizing.

In other words MBTI turns people into things.

This is very useful for the USA military and USA business as they reify their recruits and their employees.

It is also very useful for those who find intimacy too daunting because MBTI gives a way of relating without intimacy.

And there are more than a few here who want sex without intimacy and MBTI facilitates this.

There are also more than a few here who want to combine drugs and sex as a way of avoiding intimacy. And MBTI is plainly facilitating that.

Reifying someone, that is turning them into a thing, is the ultimate insult, but it does have the advantage of avoiding intimacy and avoids the admitted difficulty of growing up and taking responsibility.

So MBTI seems to offer the good things of life but without intimacy or responsibility. It seems too good to be true. And it is.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ And people doubt that he's Fi dominant??

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ And people doubt that he's Fi dominant????

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I think my visceral reaction to MBTI is that it is reifying, or to use your word, depersonalizing.

In other words MBTI turns people into things.

This is very useful for the USA military and USA business as they reify their recruits and their employees.

It is also very useful for those who find intimacy too daunting because MBTI gives a way of relating without intimacy.

And there are more than a few here who want sex without intimacy and MBTI facilitates this.

There are also more than a few here who want to combine drugs and sex as a way of avoiding intimacy. And MBTI is plainly facilitating that.

Reifying someone, that is turning them into a thing, is the ultimate insult, but it does have the advantage of avoiding intimacy and avoids the admitted difficulty of growing up and taking responsibility.

So MBTI seems to offer the good things of life but without intimacy or responsibility. It seems too good to be true. And it is.

This reeks of Fi....excuse me, this permeates the sweet odor of Fi. From my perspective, that is :newwink:

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Victor said:
Reifying someone, that is turning them into a thing, is the ultimate insult [...]
Not necessarily. For instance, in order to accept someone's admiration (which is something most of us would consider a complement), you have to become an object for that person; only insofar as you allow them to ascribe an objective state to you (i.e. the qualities that designate you as admirable) can that person endow you with that honor. If someone on the other hand were to behold you in your pure essence as a "soul," you would escape definition altogether; you would be nothing more than an empty eye, without body or substance. In practice, such a thing can never exist, for we always need a material sign, typically a human body, to alert us to another's presence. If someone were to appear to us as a naked self, we would be totally reified before them, since another person is a perspective on us that thus designates us as a thing, and only to the extent that we, in turn, can designate them as a thing can we preserve our subjectivity before theirs. (This is demonstrated by the fact that when you objectify a person who stands in your presence, suddenly your awareness of yourself before them--in other words, your existence as a thing in the world--all but vanishes.)

All of this is to say that the thing you criticize the MBTI for is not only intrinsic to human interaction but something that many of us strive for in one form or another (the only alternative to at least accepting your condition as a thing is to wish for the death of other people).

You yourself are no exception to this rule. Since you clearly don't wish to kill us all, everything you do on this website is a kind of act, a role that you've taken on and come to wear like a costume with nothing underneath it.