• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Analyze Victor/split from Forum's Scariest Members

Mole

Permabanned
Victor, please don't go there - makes you an easy target. You don't understand culture from the above statement or the concept of identity for any given member on the forum being made up of multiple cultures. The assumption of a single cultural influence for any of us is a false start.

I would have thought that had I not read the history of ideas that taught me that ideas are not sui generis but have a beginning, a middle and an end in a culture.

And I would have thought that had I not read comparative history and learnt we all have a beginning, a middle and end within an historical culture.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
The problem is that I have discovered my own voice. And like anybody who discovers their own voice, it is unique.

I am, though, surrounded by those who have yet to discover their own voice. And so their voice is not yet unique.

And not yet having a unique voice of their own they must speak in the conformist voice. So each of them insists they are a unique individual, but all speak in the same voice.

But it is worse than that because they are proud that they have learnt to speak in the conformist style - they have all the pride of an obedient child.

And even worse, they think everyone should speak in the conformist style. And the technique they use to get you to conform is called group bullying.

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Holy CRAP you guys. This has gone on LONG ENOUGH.

Madmins, I humbly request that you split this insane derailment off into a new thread, dedicated solely to psychoanalyzing Victor.

In case no moderators respond to this post purely because I posted it, I will PM the ones that I'm friends with. Okay, my work here is done.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fair enough, the arguement was not on topic. But it shouldn't be that every off topic post should be ignored as if they were never said.

On topic, I don't find anyone, that is still here, scary on this forum. But that guy with the AK47 avatar gave me the creeps though. He sometimes had these snarky outbursts that made my spine shiver.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
To answer the OP, I'm intimidated by members who I worry would be mean to me if I said something to me. Edahn was one of those members, before he left; I was REALLY scared of him, partially because I had a small altercation with him, and we were both mean, and I tried to make amends and he refused to accept it. That gave me bad, bad vibes, so I now avoid/ignore all members who it's possible that I might have altercations like that with. I won't name any more names, because I don't want them to be mean to me :cry:

...Does anybody else have responses to the question in the OP? :D

Edit: I was also scared by Edgar's posts in the rape thread. The idea that some men are okay joking about things like that... *shudder*

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fair enough, the arguement was not on topic. But it shouldn't be that every off topic post should be ignored as if they were never said. .
I never said that... I said it should be a new thread. I'm all for paying attention to it! :) We just should give those off-topics a home where they can be appreciated.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I never said that... I said it should be a new thread. I'm all for paying attention to it! :) We just should give those off-topics a home where they can be loved and appreciated :wubbie:

Granted, but topics like this are bound to drift. As it directly involves active posters on the forum. In other words. Much of the names mentioned here, many people have different opinions about. Some think someone is scary, others can disagree.

In that sense, the arguement was very much on topic. But it just drifted from sheer namecalling to discussion.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Granted, but topics like this are bound to drift. As it directly involves active posters on the forum. In other words. Much of the names mentioned here, many people have different opinions about. Some think someone is scary, others can disagree.

In that sense, the arguement was very much on topic. But it just drifted from sheer namecalling to discussion.
Drifting is one thing - I have no problem with it in small doses. Turning to an almost entirely unrelated topic for twenty pages is another. I guess... I just feel like, when it gets to the point where no one can address the OP anymore without getting off topic from what everyone else was discussing, it's contrary to what the point of the thread should be. When stuff like that happens to threads, it wards off the newcomers, and so people derail and derail and derail until finally the thread dies and the full potential of the thread was never reached. (We've all seen it happen...)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
and the full potential of the thread was never reached. (We've all seen it happen...)

This is just an observation, but this is a bonfire topic. It was not created in seriousness. It runs while it lasts but I don't think the potential of this thread is truly that great. :p

Hmm, maybe you scare me a little for thinking this topic has great potential. *hides*

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This is just an observation, but this is a bonfire topic. It was not created in seriousness. It runs while it lasts but I don't think the potential of this thread is truly that great. :p

Hmm, maybe you scare me a little for thinking this topic has great potential. *hides*

I agree since most of people here are freaks of some kind in real life. So this is basicly a pontless question / thread.

The quirks are exactly what keeps the show going.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

*sigh* Okay, I'll be honest as to why I posted here in the first place, i.e. what my thought process was:

THIS THREAD IS NOT WHAT IT SAYS IT IS. :offtopic:
It's not ORGANIZED correctly!!! :rules:
IT MUST BE FIXED! I will bring order, and save the thread from itself!!!!

... :whistling: ...yeah. It wasn't that I disapproved of what was actually said. It was that I wanted the title to represent the subject... if you know what I mean.

OKAY SO I'M GONNA GO TO BED NOW. YOU NEVER SAW ME HERE. I DID NOT JUST EMBARRASS MYSELF. :peepwall:

Time for me to leave this thread...

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
*sigh* Okay, I'll be honest as to why I posted here in the first place, i.e. what my thought process was:

... :whistling: ...yeah. It wasn't that I disapproved of what was actually said. It was that I wanted the title to represent the subject... if you know what I mean.

OKAY SO I'M GONNA GO TO BED NOW. YOU NEVER SAW ME HERE. I DID NOT JUST EMBARRASS MYSELF. :peepwall:

I think that someone is trying to be intimidating. (and fails at it)

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

Prince03_t346.jpg

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's an interesting point. But, you'd need to know whether a person was acting or not to see their acting as reflecting their personality and their tendency to act.

Yes, that is true. But that is up to the person to reveal, if they wish to. Victor prefers to stay in character, which is made that much easier here on an internet forum than in real life.

I think we are all caricatures of our real selves. Names with avatars below them and a personality type to top it off.
It seems to me that many are angry that Victor has created a more interesting character for himself than they have.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
These posts are the ones taken from the Forum's Scariest Members thread.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
[YOUTUBE="hVaz8ZZxoxo"]Group Therapy[/YOUTUBE]

Just what the doctor ordered.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
- He could be making his posts his art

This; exactly this. His posts are like a dance, beautifully choreographed; words sculpted, smooth as polished marble. Whether you appreciate the work or not is almost secondary to the construct.

This is Victor's art, and the reason why some people respond viscerally to it. It provokes emotional reactions, as effective art can often do.

I think ISFP has a resonance to it ...

PS - keep in mind, everyone, that the Victor we see is a persona. A glimpse of the person as he wants to present himself, not Victor himself.

I sense that Victor likes to play. But I don't think he is trying to be intentionally disingenuous. Vague perhaps. Tantalizing yes. Provocative yes.

My name is Victor Reginald Shortus. I live at 1/22 Oxley Street, Griffith. ACT.2603. Look me up on Google Earth and you will be able to look right in my front door at street level.

If I wrote you a letter, would you write back? Seriously.

The effect of leading with two introverted functions typically results in overdependence upon internal values and becoming totally out of touch with the external world. This happens when an I type has a poor secondary E function. (See Victor, Fi+Ni.)

Agree with this, I do.

(See Little Linguist, Te+Ne ESTJ or Ne+Te ENFP, depending on whose interpretation you believe.)

Agree with this too.

For another example, ENTPs with poor auxiliary Ti come off as Ne+Fe, which most often looks like Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

None of that here on THIS forum ... :rolleyes2:

I think of the dominant as a pair of contact lenses that you don't know you're wearing, and the auxiliary as your favorite pair of glasses to consciously look through. As you get older you'll learn to look through the tertiary glasses sometimes too, and occasionally even the inferior (but this pair is dusty and hard to see through, and rarely gets picked up anyway.)

Love your analogy. Love that you used one.

Ahem, we all use this forum in order to attain attention. If we didn't we wouldn't get past the lurking stage.

Indeed.

I am, though, surrounded by those who have yet to discover their own voice. And so their voice is not yet unique.

Indeed; a factor of personal maturity and chronological age, so forgivable, no?

You are so adorable. :D

Qre:us

This; exactly this. His posts are like a dance, beautifully choreographed; each word sculpted, smooth as polished marble. Whether you appreciate the work or not is almost secondary to the construct.

This is Victor's art, and the reason why some people respond viscerally to it. It provokes emotional reactions, as effective art can often do.

I agree that this is Victor expressing himself through creative writing. It's quite apparent given the style of his posts.

Indeed; a factor of personal maturity and chronological age, so forgivable, no?

For me, I don't think it's the above phenomenon because:
(1) I like his posts, as I mentioned earlier; the issue was never with his posts.
(2) I have no issue with another poster who has a similar style to Victor, wildcat. Why is Victor different? See below:

I sense that Victor likes to play. But I don't think he is trying to be intentionally disingenuous. Vague perhaps. Tantalizing yes. Provocative yes.

Victor is intentionally disingenuous in the sense that he wants to portray that his artwork is his only reality, and given the evidence of him breaking persona (earlier in this thread), this simply isn't true.

His point was that his name and location are the only other reality relevant to him, and his artwork, the rest. There's more to Victor than that. But, he chooses to present only that to us, fine, great, just acknowledge it. Why acknowledge it?

As a respect to the audience for whom he performs his art. So, we know where the limits of our expectations are.

But......

We are his audience, yet it's more than that. He doesn't want an audience, he wants fans. An audience can dislike a performance, a fan cannot (theoretically).

As such, he is quick to swing his emotional sword at any audience that is not enamoured by his art. This is narcissistic (even though it's not Ne+Fe :D) and selfish.

And, it's ever hairier than that, it's not just an appreciation of his artwok, we must appreciate/agree with the content of his artwork...such as his radical and skewed views of Islam that is oftentimes offensive and ignorant.

This is a forum where we exchange ideas. So, it's natural that regardless of the fine presentation of his art, some are wanting explanations for some of his 'art', especially when they're so radical.

We gave him what he wanted, were his rapt audience, and because we weren't also his instant fans, because we questioned, he responds through his artwork and this time, it's an ugly painting. It's insults, yet.....it's poetic.

And, so....the audience that asks him to step away from his artwork and explain it, are left with a scathing slice of flesh, because Victor's reality is his artwork. Nothing more. Either you appreciate or are unfair to him, dinkum.

Victor is more than his artwork, because it is not the critique of his artwork that gets to him, but the content of it. Victor is the mind, with the ideas, thoughts, biases. His artwork is the presentation.

There's a pretension inherent to this:

Artwork accessible, artist inaccessible.

His justification is that those above are not two separate entities, but one. To rationalize the inaccessibility of the artist. This is disengenuous and pretentious.

Victor should step out and speak as I didn't make commentary on his artwork, but his thoughts that motivated the artwork. I wanted to speak to the artist, but his responses make it feel as if I'm not worthy for the artist to drop his persona and speak to my being through his being.

There's an acknowledgement of differences, Victor vs. Victor's artwork. But, it seems that, Victor is the one who is unfair to us, because he responds by hiding behind his artwork, and when questioned, calls that his entire being, and respond only to his fans.

This is a selfish, childish artist. And, those acts of selfishness and childishness makes him disingenuous.

Finally, Victor was encouraging people to type him. A likely roadblock to this would be whether we can truly type him given that the "Victor" we see is the art, not the artist. So, for me at least, wanting to confirm whether it's a persona is not the same as calling him disengenuous. The disengenuity came when Victor said that that's all there is to him, he is the art. That there is no artist. There's a flavour of conceit to that thought, for me personally.

I was talking to simulatedworld about his 'extreme introverts use introverted functions' theory, and I can see ISFP in the persona that is Victor. Even though, I still stand by my claim that what I see is Ne mostly, not Ni. So, my conclusive stance on the artwork that is Victor is IXFP. As for the artist, who knows, as we are not priviledged enough to see him.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Woot! ESTJs really get stuff done even on the internet! (EJCC wanting this discussion to be a separate thread)