• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Analyze Victor/split from Forum's Scariest Members

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There's no way Victor is a sensor. He's one of the most abstract people on the forum. And we both know INTJ is laughable for him.

INFP. He seems to use Ne in his writing, while being Fi dominant. They can use some Ni too.

Your argument is predicated on the assumption that xSxx types can't use their N function more often than their S function.

But they can. They do when the tertiary is emphasized over the auxiliary. "ISFP" doesn't necessitate that he uses his S function more than his N function; it just indicates an Fi+Se+Ni+Te functional grouping. The order of priority is up to the individual, though--some people have learned to develop the tertiary above the auxiliary.

INTJ makes more sense than INFP.

INFP doesn't work because he doesn't use Ne or Si. His posts are ridiculously Ni.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Victor's got Ne out the whoo-ha. That's not Ni you see. Every thought is connected to another (seemingly random) thought, and so it goes, until you come full circle to the original thought. When Ne is more matured, there's an elegance to it, that's poetic.

Point is, his strings of thought, they're not very in-to-out, it's out-going-in-in-in-oh-so-in "deep" and expansive.

IA, about the Fi.

He's an INFP (who hates Te).

You just described Ni and called it Ne.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Victor is very much ISFP. He uses Se a lot disguised through the use of Ni. But once you spot it you know it's there. He's an ISFP projecting himself subtly to show a manner of wisdom in which he describes as 'talking from his inner self'. His Fi is quite obvious though.
Next time you look at his posts, play a little game called 'spot the hidden Se'.

Qre:us

Someone needs to change the title of this thread.

:D

Victor is eating this (thread) up with a giant spoon, as he doesn't care much for MBTI in the first place, nor a 'type', but, loves Vic-centered talks. More, more.....

Maybe, that makes him the scariest? As we ruminate that which we fear the most? ;)

Qre:us

You just described Ni and called it Ne.

No. You don't know what Ne is.

I will gladly agree I don't know how to tell a lot of the functions, but the only one that screams to me, loudly, is Ne.

It's how I interact, that allows me to feel out what the other is projecting out. I don't have to think twice answering to Victor's posts or mimicking him, but, I do when it's state_i_am_in, toonia or bananatrombones. It's Ni facing Ne.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
hmm, i thought ISFP, but it seems that he may not be just a wannabe INFP, lol... Still, i have a hard time picturing both him and Biaxident as INFP's lol

either way, the cringe is strong with his posts (as far as i'm concerned)

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Victor is very much ISFP. He uses Se a lot disguised through the use of Ni. But once you spot it you know it's there. He's an ISFP projecting himself subtly to show a manner of wisdom in which he describes as 'talking from his inner self'. His Fi is quite obvious though.
Next time you look at his posts, play a little game called 'spot the hidden Se'.

Do you see that his posts are more abstract than most anyone on the forum? There comes a point when if you use enough N, you're an N.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

Fixed!

either that or remove all the victor typing posts. first of all he is not scary, you who say he is don't know what you're talking about.and second of all i don't know.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

+2

Do you see that his posts are more abstract than most anyone on the forum? There comes a point when if you use enough N, you're an N.

You don't understand functional breakdowns, do you? Once again, having a strong tertiary and neglecting the auxiliary doesn't necessitate that he's an N type. An INFP who uses Fi+Si to the exclusion of poorly developed Ne would still be an N type, despite using the S function more often. If you're going to argue for INFP, you need to show evidence of Ne and/or Si use, of which there is very little. You're relying way too much on MBTI's oversimplification of Jungian functions.

P.S.,
Neither NFP type uses Ni.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're getting to hung up on functions. To where it's not rational.

You sound like Jeffster. The fact that you don't understand it fully doesn't make it irrational.

No. You don't know what Ne is.

I will gladly agree I don't know how to tell a lot of the functions, but the only one that screams to me, loudly, is Ne.

It's how I interact, that allows me to feel out what the other is projecting out. I don't have to think twice answering to Victor's posts or mimicking him, but, I do when it's state_i_am_in, toonia or bananatrombones. It's Ni facing Ne.

I love you, honey, but this is weak analysis. If Victor were brimming with Ne the way you say he is, he wouldn't be a self-described extreme introvert with no idea how to handle the external world.

Extraverted Intuition

Introverted Intuition

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hey have a shawl to keep warm or you get chapped skin in this weather

Don't forget to get yourself a fur or something, it's cold here.
Come by for some coffee, sometime and by all means stay for dinner :)

So

Many

Kind

NTs.

*melts into a puddle of INFP tears that taste like licorice and sunshine*

I hear they make own body fat breast implants nowadays. Much more pleasant.

And you know this... how?

:)

Last edited:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
You sound like Jeffster. The fact that you don't understand it fully doesn't make it irrational.

It's not a complicated system. But a totally literal interpretation of it doesn't really reflect reality, especially function order. You know that.

You can only take it so far and take it so seriously, until it's just fail.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I guess now we know who the scariest member is, hm?

It's not a complicated system. But a totally literal interpretation of it doesn't really reflect reality, especially function order. You know that.

You can only take it so far and take it so seriously, until it's just fail.

Apparently it's more complicated than you think, or you wouldn't so grossly misunderstand it. You stated earlier in this thread that your conclusions "go against cognitive functions (or at least the order of them)", which is very telling. Forget MBTI for a moment. ISFP means, "Uses Fi, Se, Ni and Te in some order that involves Fi being the dominant." That's ALL it means. Anything else you think it means is an erroneous assumption based on MBTI's misleading oversimplifications.

The hypothetical balanced ISFP mold places them in that particular order, but there's no guarantee that real people will prioritize them that way. This is why we have personality disorders--and why Victor describes himself as so extremely introverted. He's an Fi+Ni ISFP, and his extreme introversion comes from his poorly developed use of Se.

If you're stuck on dogmatic loyalty to MBTI, which neglects functions almost entirely and states that each letter necessarily indicates that that function is used more often than its opposite, then I can see how you'd arrive at the conclusion that you did. Unfortunately MBTI doesn't tell the whole story.

So yes, an S type can use his N function more than his S function. "ISFP" doesn't mean "Uses S and F more often than other functions"; once you get out of the kiddie pool it designates a combination of four preferred functions, but not the order in which they are prioritized (after the dominant.)

So in summary, if someone is ISFP, that person:

--Uses Fi over Fe
--Uses Se over Si
--Uses Ni over Ne
--Uses Te over Ti
--Is influenced by Fi more than any other function.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^Very nice post
You look at this from one angle. Here's one way to look at it. ISFPs known as the ones who are usually gifted in art can very much make abstract art, musics, stories let alone posts.
His posts could be his art.
I can get you many Sensors who can be as abstract as Victor. Possibilities:
- He's just trying to be abstract
- He just wants to be seen as a wise person and that's the way he does it
- He just wants attention
- He could be making his posts his art
- He loves that people finds his posts unique

None of which means he has an N as a preference. And yet I could go on.

EDIT: As SW said, he basically loves using (or showing) FiNi quite a bit. I just posted the possible reasons why.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

I love you, honey, but this is weak analysis. If Victor were brimming with Ne the way you say he is, he wouldn't be a self-described extreme introvert with no idea how to handle the external world.

Extraverted Intuition

Introverted Intuition

you know, i don't disagree with you (said IxFP) and i'm not taking any sides here (yet), but what was described was not Ni

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
So in summary, if someone is ISFP, that person:

--Uses Fi over Fe
--Uses Se over Si
--Uses Ni over Ne
--Uses Te over Ti
--Is influenced by Fi more than any other function.

What about when reality contradicts the system? Someone might exhibit Fi, Se, and Ni. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they have to exhibit Te over Ti. Function use doesn't always line up according to the limited combinations.