User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    You are no more real than I am. I am no more anonymous than you are.
    My name is Victor Reginald Shortus. I live at 1/22 Oxley Street, Griffith. ACT.2603. Look me up on Google Earth and you will be able to look right in my front door at street level.

My telephone number is 0011 61 2 6232 6294. You can call me right now.

Or you can type my name shortus into Skype and talk to me and see me on camera.

Or of course there is always Google Talk.

So who are you? Or do you prefer to hide behind your pseudonym Qre:us and criticize me from the safety of your anonymity?

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

At least with this, we pick ONE popular member, and dissect him to pieces.

You can dissect me any day baby

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    My name is Victor Reginald Shortus. I live at 1/22 Oxley Street, Griffith. ACT.2603. Look me up on Google Earth and you will be able to look right in my front door at street level.

My telephone number is 0011 61 2 6232 6294. You can call me right now.

Or you can type my name shortus into Skype and talk to me and see me on camera.

Or of course there is always Google Talk.

So who are you?
    I won't tell you. But, balls to you for doing so.

Or do you prefer to hide behind your pseudonym Qre:us and criticize me from the safety of your anonymity?
    This.

Because if I reveal my name, I will no longer be anonymous, given the world wide web.

Googling you, Mr. Victor Reginald Shortus, you still retain your anonymity.

Thus, you have control. I do not. In this, we are not equal. Alas.

I want to respond back like he usually does, to show the superficial veneer his style seems to carry (and the implied pretentiousness).
    Our problem is cultural difference. In your culture you make the distinction between sincere and phoney, while for exactly the same behaviours we make the distinction between amusing and boring.

And naturally you judge me by your own cultural distinctions and find me insincere. And you use words like 'superficial' and 'pretentious'.

If I were to make the same mistake, I would be calling you 'boring'. But I don't because I always take into account your cultural distinctions. It would only be polite for you to reply in kind.

I won't tell you. But, balls to you for doing so.

This.

Because if I reveal my name, I will no longer be anonymous, given the world wide web.

Googling you, Mr. Victor Reginald Shortus, you still retain your anonymity.

Thus, you have control. I do not. In this, we are not equal. Alas.
    In my vernacular, you are not fair dinkum.

And you will not stand behind your criticisms, and so you invalidate yourself.

Your very anonymity invalidates whatever you say.

I can't respect that.

Our problem is cultural difference. In your culture you make the distinction between sincere and phoney, while for exactly the same behaviours we make the distinction between amusing and boring.
    Nah, it's not just 2 choices, each. Regardless of our cultures.

The choices:

Sincere can be boring.
    Sincere can be amusing.

Phoney can be amusing.
    Phoney can be boring.

You're the bolded.

And naturally you judge me by your own cultural distinctions and find me insincere. And you use words like 'superficial' and 'pretentious'.

If I were to make the same mistake, I would be calling you 'boring'. But I don't because I always take into account your cultural distinctions. It would only be polite for you to reply in kind.
    Reply to me in kind, which of the 4 choices am I? (my guess for your guess, the italics)

In my vernacular, you are not fair dinkum.

And you will not stand behind your criticisms, and so you invalidate yourself.

Your very anonymity invalidates whatever you say.

I can't respect that.
    Crossing out the word 'criticism' was me trying to take out your emotional response to me. That's probably not fair to you, invalidating the emotions behind your words. Sorry.

As for my anoymity invalidating what I say.........

As I said from the start of our conversation, my tangible indentification(s) doesn't really explain who I am. Whether you respect that or not, doesn't matter, as who I am, and how I see the world, I present with honesty.
    I just don't feel that tangibles of my self is all that important to anyone understanding who I am. In fact, it will limit how openly I share my views on TypeC as I am then bound to my tangible identity (consequences to my professional identity, which I'm rationally guarding).

You don't have the same consequences (confirmed by a google search of you). And, you somehow believe that the tangibles of your identity makes you more real on this forum. I can respect that difference in outlook.
    Can you respect mine?

Nah, it's not just 2 choices, each. Regardless of our cultures.

The choices:

Sincere can be boring.
    Sincere can be amusing.

Phoney can be amusing.
    Phoney can be boring.

You're the bolded.

Reply to me in kind, which of the 4 choices am I? (my guess for your guess, the italics)
    I think you are having yourself on. You don't understand distinctions or cultural difference. Yet here you are holding forth on an international forum.

It reminds me of your State Department that started a war in the Middle East and no one could speak Arabic.

Blackmail, our friend from Paris, calls it cultural imperialism. But really it is the perfect insult.

And you wonder why we look at you askance.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I don't understand why the fuck it's a type victor thread.
    IMO, it's way more interesting than a 'scariest member' thread, which is another of the many popularity contests threads infiltrating The Bonfire. Sometimes, it's fun, other times, fluff.

At least with this, we pick ONE popular member, and dissect him to pieces.
    I understand how some may wish to talk on one subject more than another subject but in all fairness this thread should be split.

Victor is not scary he is just...for lack of a better word...unique.

The fact he is brought up here is contrived and unfair to the original OP as well as Victor. Interesting analysis but its a derail and really deserves its own thread.

PS. Note my earlier post essentially foretelling this was going to happen.

PPS. Qre: us when you go on the warpath its kinda distracting seeing your avi as a bunnyrabbit…kinda takes away from the prosecutions case.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I understand how some may wish to talk on one subject more than another subject but in all fairness this thread should be split.
    Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    PPS. Qre: us when you go on the warpath its kinda distracting seeing your avi as a bunnyrabbit…kinda takes away from the prosecutions case.
    Ummm...I kinda like the bunny rabbit avi...not that I'm biased or anything.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

You don't know how he's like IRL, there has been many posts of his and the random 'friends' he makes (mole, badger, blah blah), sitting in coffee shops, or going to random things....
    I'm only referring to the persona we see on the forum.

Secondly, extreme introvert with no idea how to handle the external world, does not rule out INxPs.
    No, but it does rule out strong extroverted functions like Ne or Se. I think extreme introverts tend to lead with two introverted functions.

He's like the extreme INFPs I know, my mom is like this somewhat, but her dad, my grandpa, was the quintessential INFP extreme. The material world was irrelevant to him. He lived and breathed in abstraction. The real world was a channel he hardly tuned in to...unless forced to by my grandma. The real world served the purpose as far as to be a trigger for the greater unknown, the gaps. That's it. He'd check out and the rest would be a dance in abstract associations. Near the end of his life, he gave up his material comfort and became a wanderer.
    Okay.

Ne is not as mundane as most manifestations of it that we see. It can go quite 'deep' like Ni. How does it go deep?

In-to-out (Ni), out-to-in (Ne).

In search of what makes the whole greater than the sum of its parts, to understand the whole beyond its parts. Ni.

In search of the whole from the sum of its parts, to unify as one. Ne.

Both can go deep.

Victor's thoughts are mostly the latter.

Also, he can very well use Ni too (and prolly does), but mostly, it's an Ne-scream.

PS - keep in mind, everyone, that the Victor we see is a persona. A glimpse of the person as he wants to present himself, not Victor himself.
    I don't really agree with your functional definitions, so I'll kindly retire from this discussion.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?