User Tag List

First 283637383940 Last

MBTI
    NICE

Keep up the good work. You're doing a swell job.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    You want to stroke your friend's ego, and 'hit' back at me because in this thread you saw your friend, Victor, mentioned you, and I countered by calling you pretentious.....go ahead.
    My dear Ma'am, I do not know who Victor really is, I've never met him in real life. We never shared any sentimental or professional link, so I'm wondering if I can call anybody here "a friend".

This kind of juvenile act is so transparent, and obviously lacks depth.

Hint 1: Your cultural imperialism, Western Enligtenment, knowledge, that Victor holds to such esteem, and you most definitely share, that was one of the many points I highlighted in my piece. You can say that you "already saw it", now consequently, because I pointed it out, but, I know you missed it. It was your pretentious tunnel vision that can't see beyond your own lengthening nose.
    Once again, the question wasn't if your text was rich or not, but if I could understand it or not: I didn't. So subjectively speaking, it lacked substance, and still lacks substance even after your explanations.

I plead guilty of "cultural imperialism" if it helps you feel better, I don't care because any other issue beyond basic comprehension is irrelevant.

Victor would never have posted such a long monologue, by the way. And he can be very factual while you weren't.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Keep up the good work. You're doing a swell job.
    I learn from you.

/mimicking mediocrity

MBTI
    NICE

Lol.

Oh, dear. I can see you have a wonderful, happy life.

Do you have a strict father?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Once again, the question wasn't if your text was rich or not, but if I could understand it or not: I didn't. So subjectively speaking, it lacked substance, and still lacks substance even after your explainations.

Any other issue is irrelevant.
    The bolded was not my point, my point was whether you understood it or not. And, hence, the challenge. Are you purposely being obtuse?

And, this was another point of my loooooong monologue. When someone does not subjectively understand, it lacks substance to them. Just like all those who have chimed in to this thread to say that Victor has failed in communicating his meaning.

Can Victor be understood or not. There's quite a few that understands him, and quite a few more that don't.

Just like you did not understand mine, yet the rep comments for that post of mine validated those that did.

Glad you're finally seeing the comparison.
    I dont care because any other issue beyond basic comprehension is irrelevant.
    This has been the same critique of Victor, in case your comprehension of this thread overlooked this.

MBTI
    INTP

@banana Wow, really? Defend the merits of Victor's "art" if you must, but Qre:us has made some valid points in this thread.
    Something Witty

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Lol.

Oh, dear. I can see you have a wonderful, happy life.

Do you have a strict father?
    Not as strict as your wife. Is that why you know of pub life so well? After she's gone to sleep, I assume? Lol, oh dear.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

The bolded was not my point, my point was whether you understood it or not. And, hence, the challenge. Are you purposely being obtuse?

And, this was another point of my loooooong monologue. When someone does not subjectively understand, it lacks substance to them. Just like all those who have chimed in to this thread to say that Victor has failed in communicating his meaning.

Can Victor be understood or not. There's quite a few that understands him, and quite a few more that don't.

Just like you did not understand mine, yet the rep comments for that post of mine validated those that did.

Glad you're finally seeing the comparison.
    I still fail to see the comparison.

Your pastiche was light years away from Victor.
    End of the story.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    I still fail to see the comparison.

Your pastiche was light years away from Victor.
    End of the story.
    Er....subjective.

I'll try once more: what was your point? That if you cannot understand, it lacks clarity for you. Now, imagine that "you" as the receipients of Victor's art, those that tell him that he's lacking clarity for them. The same core issue remains.

I'm not competing to upstage Victor, I was facetiously mimicking him to prove a point. Some may get him, some may not, regardless of subjective "evaluation" of the quality of the art. It's the clarity, the engagement that the members are seeking from Victor, at least once in a while.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Er....subjective.
    Absolutely.

But the point is, that even if there are people who don't understand Victor, you have to admit the possibility that some others might manage to successfully do it.

And they do not understand you when you try to pastiche Victor.

That's only the point. No need to go further away.

You would have been proven correct ONLY if 1/ everybody would not understand Victor, OR 2/ if those who could would not have noticed the obvious difference with your pastiche.

7w8 SCUxI