User Tag List

First 273536373839 Last

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

It's curious.

I've seen Victor pastiched here, and yet each time those pastiches lacked depth and clarity.

Because that's what I like with our Victor: clarity of thoughts. And I'm always wondering why people find him to be so vague and blurry: he's not.

Of course, Victor is not inventing new stories each time, and I think I'm a familiar with the themes and metaphors he frequently uses; but yet, what I like with him is the fact he uses a very structured, undefiled English language, with simple, efficient sentences.

For a non native speaker like me who is rather familiar with written forms of universitary English, never using coarse or oral expressions is a real blessing.

People who are trying to pastiche him don't seem to realize that Victor is a very efficient orator, hence the density of his comments. He will never waste a word or a sentence like most of us will.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    He will never waste a word or a sentence like most of us will.
    You can say that again!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

It's curious.
    Is it now?

I've seen Victor pastiched here, and yet each time those pastiches lacked depth and clarity.
    It seems you, like Victor, didn't get all that I was alluding to. I'm not suprised, this is the burden of pretentious tunnel vision. It doesn't lack clarity or depth, it lacks your understanding of its clarity and depth.

Challenge, to back up your smarm talk:

Unless you can point out at least three themes that I hit upon using that long "pastiche" I did (hint: all related to the character of Victor and his views), then you can talk about how you understood but didn't see anything in those themes to show depth.
    Go, I'm waiting.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    You can say that again!
    Yes. That's really what I think.

When the majority of us will use three or four sentences to explain an idea, Victor will use only one or two at most.

What makes him sound so unique, is precisely the density of his words. He very carefully selects them. And for me, as I said this is a real blessing because we get quicker to the essence of his idea.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post

Unless you can point out at least three themes that I hit upon using that long "pastiche" I did (hint: all related to the character of Victor and his views), then you can talk about how you understood but didn't see anything.
    Go, I'm waiting.
    Fact 1:

I find Victor to be clear and concise.

Fact 2:

On the other hand, I found your pastiche to be long, annoying and blurry. And first and foremost, it lacked substance.

---

I do not need to go any further.

7w8 SCUxI

Fact 1:

I find Victor to be clear and concise.

Fact 2:

On the other hand, I found your pastiche to be long, annoying and blurry. And first and foremost, it lacked substance.

---

I do not need to go any further.
    Fact:
    You can't even take up the challenge, this proves that you did not understand it. And, when backed into a corner, squirm like a little oily worm. Thus, whether you found it to lack substance or not, is moot. As you can't even point out whatever "annoying, long, blurry substance" there was, when challenged. So, I call your bullshit.

You want to stroke your friend's ego, and 'hit' back at me because in this thread you saw your friend, Victor, mentioned you, and I countered by calling you pretentious.....go ahead.

This kind of juvenile act is so transparent, and obviously lacks depth.

Hint 1: Your cultural imperialism, Western Enligtenment, knowledge, that Victor holds to such esteem, and you most definitely share, that was one of the many points I highlighted in my piece. You can say that you "already saw it", now consequently, because I pointed it out, but, I know you missed it. It was your pretentious tunnel vision that can't see beyond your own lengthening nose.

MBTI
    NICE

Fact:
    You can't even take up the challenge, this proves that you did not understand it.
    No. It's possible to understand a challenge fully, but not wish to take it up.

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    No. It's possible to understand a challenge fully, but not wish to take it up.

It's also possible to walk the walk once you talk the talk.

MBTI
    NICE

It's also possible to walk the walk once you talk the talk.

You propound flawed logic, insults and platitudes as if it were the stuff of good debate, without any awareness whatsoever.

Whether I talk the talk/walk the walk is irrelevant. You answer a perfectly good point with a schoolyard barb. That's your level. You wallow in mediocrity and call yourself "Qre:us".

You are the quintessential dumbass who talks but does not listen, who looks but does not see.

Tell me, Qre:us - how can someone called Qre:us have not the slightest bit of curiosity?

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    You propound flawed logic, insults and platitudes as if it were the stuff of good debate, without any awareness whatsoever.
    Same to you, good sir. I see your projection.

Whether I talk the talk/walk the walk is irrelevant.
    Flawed logic. How else does one prove understanding? Stating an understanding and showing an understanding are two different things. One is an opinion, the other, a proof. Of course, it's relevant.

You answer a perfectly good point with a schoolyard barb. That's your level. You wallow in mediocrity and call yourself "Qre:us".
    You do not take insults well. Yet....

You are the quintessential dumbass who talks but does not listen, who looks but does not see.
    You give it.

Tell me, Qre:us - how can someone called Qre:us have not the slightest bit of curiosity?
    Platitudes.

Thank you for showing me how it's done. I'll keep it in mind for the next time I want to engage in a mediocre "debate" like you have just walked us through.