User Tag List

First 263435363738 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Personally I love attention and say so.

Attention is vital for the survival of small babies and it doesn't matter whether it is positive or negative.

And in the same way, attention is vital for me to grow and create. Just as it is for you too, dear Sim.

And on top of that we live in the attention economy.

Attention is now more important than money. You can see this clearly with celebrities like Paris Hilton who have all the money in the world but devote their whole lives to gaining more attention.

We may not be as successful as Paris Hilton, Sim. But we can pay one another attention.
    Come, let us validate each other's existence, and a crisis will be averted.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Come, let us validate each other's existence
    = LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Call me, we'll read. Dance with me. Be my muse. Be my dinner.
    I like it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

For instance, here I am constantly asked to explain myself. In other words I am constantly asked to slip back into my own ego. And I can only do this at the expense of my creativity. And I find this annoying.

However annoyance breeds annoyance and I think many here are annoyed at my creativity and would like to destroy it. And instinctively they seem to know that if they can provoke my ego, they will have succeeded in destroying my creativity.
    After putting your art out into the world, I understand why you don't want to have to explain what it means. Either people get it or they don't. Why should you have to spell it out, espcially if the audience seems unappreciative and nit-picky? It dispels what you see as the magic ...

People are trying to peel away your layers Victor yet you resolutely hold them close to you. We try our best to catch a glimpse of what you are hiding, but have to conclude you're either imprisoned behind your persona or there's really nothing deeper there at all. Perhaps you fear too that there's nothing else there ... or you feel you already have laid your soul bare and we are simply blind to see it.

I doubt the majority in this thread want to destroy you - people see the art, appreciate the art, and the art becomes more tangible if we can see the real person behind it, even if only from time to time. Even, for just a second. That's all really. You've got a lot of folks either frustrated or fascinated by you, so that's no small feat. We just sense there's more!

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    See, everyone hates puzzles, at least a bit. So, of course they try to solve you.
    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    All puzzles are more interesting before solving.
    And this is what will happen to me ... they will cast me aside ...
    Perhaps, but either way, the audience loses interest in the fad or consumes the artist. You must make the art for your own sake, not the world's.

MBTI
    INXP

I think if one presents information in a way that people find hard to comprehend, one should not be surprised if people constantly question what it means.

Just a realistic truth of human communications.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I doubt the majority in this thread want to destroy you - people see the art, appreciate the art, and the art becomes more tangible if we can see the real person behind it, even if only from time to time. Even, for just a second. That's all really. You've got a lot of folks either frustrated or fascinated by you, so that's no small feat. We just sense there's more!
    This.

and...
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Perhaps, but either way, the audience loses interest in the fad or consumes the artist. You must make the art for your own sake, not the world's.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Victor rocks!!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

What's there to analyze.

Victor is in a stream of consciousness that prefers to talk in double spacing. He's obviously got Office 2007 and knows how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I think if one presents information in a way that people find hard to comprehend, one should not be surprised if people constantly question what it means.
    Sure, there's what I say and how I say it.

I was watching a video of Marissa Mayer from Google and she was asked for three tags to describe herself. So she said, "Creativity, optimism and logic".

I admire her so I asked myself the same question and came up with empathy, creativity, presence and pleasure. And I realise that pleasure is my touchstone.

I am comfortable in my own skin. I realised that pleasure is a real thing for me tempered by empathy, creativity and presence.

So for me, empathy, creativity and presence are only the pathway to pleasure.

So I write to please myself. And if I can't please myself, I won't be able to please you.

So I am not a puzze to solve, rather I am pleasure to enjoy.

Of course you may or may not enjoy what I write, but to question what I mean misses the point.

So I try to subvert your quest for meaning by saying the meaning of my post is its response.

And of course I enjoy your response just as I enjoy writing my posts.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

empathy, creativity, presence and pleasure
    Fi, Ni, Se?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?