User Tag List

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 395

Thread: Analyze Victor/split from Forum's Scariest Members

  1. #301
    thankful Array PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,103

    Default

    Did I hurt everyone's eyes?

  2. #302
    Freshman Member Array simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    If user1 is Fi and user1 is illogical, does it follow that all Fi users are illogical?

    (fixed)
    No, user1 can't be described as wholly logical or illogical. Fi types also have Te, which lets them use impersonal logic when necessary--the difference is the source of ethics/logic.

    If you get your ethics from inside and your logic from outside, you're an Fi/Te type.

    If you get your logic from inside and your ethics from outside, you're a Ti/Fe type.

    Both are logical and both are illogical; it's just different styles based on whether the conception of each is validated internally or externally.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  3. #303
    thankful Array PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,103

    Default

    Note to self: big blue fonts may not elicit tons of responses

  4. #304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Still, I am unsure about one thing. Does he take the creativity too far to be a healthy individual?
    Creativity is limitlessly healthy; the ego borne out of the self-identification of that creativity (constantly needing to be fed, admired, petted), this, tips it over the edge from healthy to unhealthy.

    Case in point: Victor Reginald Shortus.

    It is his ego that defends itself with righteous pretension that I do not like; however, I have the utmost respect for his creativity.

  5. #305
    Senor Membrane Array
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Creativity is limitlessly healthy; the ego borne out of the self-identification of that creativity (constantly needing to be fed, admired, petted), this, tips it over the edge from healthy to unhealthy.
    Yes, and actually the ego being present is lessening the creativity, as you have to limit your creativeness into certain type of activity. Activity that provokes the wanted reaction. So, you confine the creativity to what you think other people expect.

    Many artists have this problem after they become famous... The free flow is gone and they just end up duplicating their own works.

  6. #306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Yes, and actually the ego being present is lessening the creativity, as you have to limit your creativeness into certain type of activity. Activity that provokes the wanted reaction. So, you confine the creativity to what you think other people expect.

    Many artists have this problem after they become famous... The free flow is gone and they just end up duplicating their own works.
    Yes, it reminds me of the metamorphosis (into) narcissus, like Salvador Dali.

  7. #307
    Occasional Member Array Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    What extreme intuition?
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    C'mon folks, try it yourself, there's almost always one word from the previous sentence in the one following:

    Posting "like" Victor is not hard to do.

    Hard is trying to tie your shoe while you're walking down the sidewalk.

    Down the cold-hard sidewalk of life where stopping is frowned upon.

    And because it's frowned upon, we don't dare to violate the rules.

    The rules tell us that frowning will only increase your wrinkles in old age.

    But only the truly old or truly young have no wrinkles of the soul.

    Their souls are free; wrinkle-free that is .


    Sorry, that was awful, but it's stream of consciousness, more than intuition in my eyes. It feels good, and I maintain Victor sees words as art and paints us pictures thusly.

    ISFP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I agree.
    Intentionally vague is not the same thing as intuitive.
    You guys have it wrong. It is not intentionally vague. It's like Wildcat. N is easier than S for Victor -- it's his default. Which of his posts aren't abstract or metaphor-laden?

    Type is not about ability. It's no feat to feign N as an S or vice versa. It's about preference and more importantly about predictive power. Clearly an N mentality is more predictive of Victor's mode of analysis than an S mentality.

  8. #308
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I don't know what's going on in this thread as I wasn't interested enough to go through the 29 pages.. But, I think that if Victor has indeed done all the things he says he's done and if his writing and thinking style really is as it seems, then he is a genius in spontaneity and creativity. Still, I am unsure about one thing. Does he take the creativity too far to be a healthy individual? There are different types of creative individuals and not all of them are healthy. I do appreciate the effort, though.. (Victor will say it's not an effort really, but something else, I'm sure...)

    Keep it up, V!
    Thank you Nolla. It's nice to hear from Finland.

    And I listen to your advice about healthy and unhealthy creativity.

    And of course you are right - I do say it is not an effort but a pleasure.

    Just as it is a great pleasure to talk with you.

  9. #309
    Freshman Member Array simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Clearly an N mentality is more predictive of Victor's mode of analysis than an S mentality.
    I agree that he's more often motivated by his N function than his S function, but that doesn't preclude him from being an xSxx type. ISFP emphasizing Ni over Se would look exactly like this (Fi+Ni.)
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  10. #310
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Yes, and actually the ego being present is lessening the creativity, as you have to limit your creativeness into certain type of activity. Activity that provokes the wanted reaction. So, you confine the creativity to what you think other people expect.

    Many artists have this problem after they become famous... The free flow is gone and they just end up duplicating their own works.
    Yes, you are most insightful at many levels.

    For the flow of creativity to continue it is important not to do the same thing twice.

    And in duplicating your own work, you become a parody of yourself.

    Also you have hit the nail on the head when you say ego limits creativity.

    For instance, here I am constantly asked to explain myself. In other words I am constantly asked to slip back into my own ego. And I can only do this at the expense of my creativity. And I find this annoying.

    However annoyance breeds annoyance and I think many here are annoyed at my creativity and would like to destroy it. And instinctively they seem to know that if they can provoke my ego, they will have succeeded in destroying my creativity.

    So you can imagine, Nolla, what a pleasure for me to read your posts and find I am understood.

    Go Finland!

Similar Threads

  1. Forums Scariest Members
    By prplchknz in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 07:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO