User Tag List

First 18262728293038 Last

Results 271 to 280 of 395

  1. #271
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    C'mon folks, try it yourself, there's almost always one word from the previous sentence in the one following:

    Posting "like" Victor is not hard to do.

    Hard is trying to tie your shoe while you're walking down the sidewalk.

    Down the cold-hard sidewalk of life where stopping is frowned upon.

    And because it's frowned upon, we don't dare to violate the rules.

    The rules tell us that frowning will only increase your wrinkles in old age.

    But only the truly old or truly young have no wrinkles of the soul.

    Their souls are free; wrinkle-free that is .


    Sorry, that was awful, but it's stream of consciousness, more than intuition in my eyes. It feels good, and I maintain Victor sees words as art and paints us pictures thusly.

    ISFP.
    This was actually really good. Why dont we have each type try it and see who pulls it off the best. I vote for INFP. PROVE ME WRONG!!
    Im out, its been fun

  2. #272
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    When I was first came here, I thought I was an INTJ, then ISTJ, then INFP, then INFJ, then ENTP etc etc. People find it very hard to look at themselves objectively. From what I've seen, I think INTJ. So poo poo to what he thinks! What we think we are doesn't reflect how we actually are!
    Do you just want to hear a confirmation that you are right?

    Okay, yes, he's INTJ.

    Do you feel better now?

  3. #273
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Why are you so positive about Fi? Extreme introversion of Intuition could make it look like Feeling is also introverted. I just think if you look directly at function order, you see that N and F stick faaar above the other ones, and NFP is out because Ne seems so absent.

    I guess you could claim INTJ, but I see very little Te...where's the tangible practicality of the things he says? And ISFP misses the extreme intuition.
    If you can't see Fi in Victor's posts then there's no point in us discussing it because our perspectives are too divergent.

    ISFP doesn't miss the extreme intuition; it explains it perfectly. Fi-Se-Ni-Te, with the auxiliary largely squelched in favor of the tertiary. Extreme introversion is a function of leading with two introverted functions.

    His repressed Se comes out in the form of enjoying how much of an immediate impact he makes when he runs around spouting off about how MBTI is a cult. He admits to possibly having histrionic personality disorder--he likes the effect of making a scene, but it still takes a backseat to the more pronounced Fi+Ni.

    Being an xSxx type doesn't preclude someone from having a strong intuitive function.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  4. #274
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    I agree, definately one of those two. I'd lean toward INTJ because, of what I've read, the guy is pretty much defined by his abstract detachment and his constant perspective-shifting.



    Anyone else reading causal Te logic in this? Or is it just me?

    Also, y'know how Victor always flips his perspective to keep control of a conversation? Reminds me of this scene:

    [youtube=Ds-2WcqaziM]INTJ[/youtube]

    INTJ, my final offer or strike my dead.

    I've seen this movie before, but it wasn't until you put it like this and I watched this scene again, that it became clear that Victor's style is definitely a less sinister version of the coin toss conversation. Great comparison.

  5. #275
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Posting "like" Victor is not hard to do.
    Posting like Victor is not hard to do. I do it all the time. The hard thing is being Victor. For behind every post is a logical mind and a beating heart. You look at my posts and don't see me. But here I am.

    You might say, there are my posts and there is me. Of course I am privy to me all the time, but how can I share me with you?

    Well, I try to do that in my posts but my posts are not understood. My posts are actually logical but they are seen as random.

    I always live in hope that someone will respond to my actual posts, to what I have written. But all I get is incomprehension.

    So I have been thinking of writing my posts and then replying to my own posts and cutting out the middle man.

    But it seems too easy. (That's what they say here when you ask them to do something - "Too easy").

    Yeah, it's too easy to reply to myself. After all I understand myself. No, I need you to misunderstand me because that is something I can't do myself.

    And you really do it very well - after 4,000 posts, I am as misunderstood at the end as at the beginning.

    But here I am right in front of you, only separated by a screen. I inhabit my own soul. How can I let you in?

  6. #276
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Victor, the sentiment of this post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Posting like Victor is not hard to do. I do it all the time. The hard thing is being Victor. For behind every post is a logical mind and a beating heart. You look at my posts and don't see me. But here I am.

    You might say, there are my posts and there is me. Of course I am privy to me all the time, but how can I share me with you?

    Well, I try to do that in my posts but my posts are not understood. My posts are actually logical but they are seen as random.

    I always live in hope that someone will respond to my actual posts, to what I have written. But all I get is incomprehension.

    So I have been thinking of writing my posts and then replying to my own posts and cutting out the middle man.

    But it seems too easy. (That's what they say here when you ask them to do something - "Too easy").

    Yeah, it's too easy to reply to myself. After all I understand myself. No, I need you to misunderstand me because that is something I can't do myself.

    And you really do it very well - after 4,000 posts, I am as misunderstood at the end as at the beginning.

    But here I am right in front of you, only separated by a screen. I inhabit my own soul. How can I let you in?
    contradicts your previous one:
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    So now we all feel the same thing at the same time - our thoughts and feeling are imploding into one another every time we log on.

    Surely you have noticed.
    Are we connecting with each other or are we not?

  7. #277
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    ^ You don't really expect Ti consistency from him, do you?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  8. #278
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ You don't really expect Ti consistency from him, do you?
    Yes, I do, especially this instance, and I picked this specific time to point it out because he said....

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Posting like Victor is not hard to do. I do it all the time. The hard thing is being Victor. For behind every post is a logical mind and a beating heart. You look at my posts and don't see me. But here I am.

    You might say, there are my posts and there is me. Of course I am privy to me all the time, but how can I share me with you?

    Well, I try to do that in my posts but my posts are not understood. My posts are actually logical but they are seen as random.

    I always live in hope that someone will respond to my actual posts, to what I have written. But all I get is incomprehension.
    Previously he has said he does not want his posts to be read as logical...and since he now brought it up, I want him to explain.

  9. #279
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Posting like Victor is not hard to do. I do it all the time. The hard thing is being Victor. For behind every post is a logical mind and a beating heart. You look at my posts and don't see me. But here I am.

    You might say, there are my posts and there is me. Of course I am privy to me all the time, but how can I share me with you?

    Well, I try to do that in my posts but my posts are not understood. My posts are actually logical but they are seen as random.

    I always live in hope that someone will respond to my actual posts, to what I have written. But all I get is incomprehension.

    So I have been thinking of writing my posts and then replying to my own posts and cutting out the middle man.

    But it seems too easy. (That's what they say here when you ask them to do something - "Too easy").

    Yeah, it's too easy to reply to myself. After all I understand myself. No, I need you to misunderstand me because that is something I can't do myself.

    And you really do it very well - after 4,000 posts, I am as misunderstood at the end as at the beginning.

    But here I am right in front of you, only separated by a screen. I inhabit my own soul. How can I let you in?

    Victor - I think there are many people here who see logic in your posts. I said myself that I think that you make extremely valid points. You make some people think with what you say.

    At the same time, you're demanding that we acknowledge you on some deep intimate level that is probably not going to be achieved on a thread. The sort of thing you're asking for is generally done in one on one conversations.

    Also, I don't see where you're acknowledging the rest of us so much as sacred, individual human beings with your taunts about our blind allegiance to MBTI, et al.

    It's almost like we're paying so much attention to you that you're complaining that we aren't paying even more attention. The word histrionic does spring to mind, and I'll admit I'm a bit of an attention whore myself.

  10. #280
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Yes, I do, especially this instance, and I picked this specific time to point it out because he said....

    Previously he has said he does not want his posts to be read as logical...and since he now brought it up, I want him to explain.
    Your criticism is based on a Ti-oriented definition of consistency.

    Fi-ers frequently describe themselves as "very logical" because to them, Fi is logic.


    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Victor - I think there are many people here who see logic in your posts. I said myself that I think that you make extremely valid points.
    Case in point.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 155
    Last Post: 08-03-2013, 12:41 PM
  2. What is truth (split from post poll)
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 09:47 AM
  3. Forums Scariest Members
    By prplchknz in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 07:27 PM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 10:50 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 12:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO