User Tag List

First 10181920212230 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    It's surprising that in all nineteen pages of this topic, no one has bothered to ask Victor to take a test or explain his thought processes. So far I'm getting the sense that everyone is more interested in underlining his personality, with Myers-Briggs as the starting point, than they are in assigning him an actual type. He is an interesting person, of course--why else would we be discussing him again?--but we'll never reach an end at this rate. So how about this, Victor? Why don't you take this test for us ( Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes ) and let us know your results? Then we can begin to decide in earnest which label to glue on you.
    You didn't read all the pages, did ya? I understand.

He kinda was asked, directly:

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Victor, are you ISFP?
    I think that would be quite interesting actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I must admit I was wondering myself. If I understand it correctly, S would give me an artistic side and I idealize creativity and art but secretly fear I am not creative.

And if I understand it, N would make me intuitive. And I guess I am not too sure what intuitive means in this context for I use intuitive and counter-intuitive in another context altogether.

All I can say is that I am probably not T or J.

And even I is in a little doubt as I am histrionic.

However in talking about this I have learnt a little more about MBTI.

But it all remains a bit of a mystery to me.
    Maybe he'll take you up on the offer to do an online test (but, Victor also thinks MBTI to be BS).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is that someone doesn't have to "relate to" or "be like" someone else of their type. Sometimes extreme introverts are hard to type for this reason...
    True.... I'm still interested in who relates to him, just for curiosity's sake. I agree with BC that his style of posting can throw you off, and probably why no one is standing up and saying, "He's so much like my type.".
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Yeah, does anyone relate to Victor? And if so, how?
    I enjoy the double meanings and hidden messages you try to convey through your posts. Sometimes what you say is taken so literally that you get yourself into trouble. I also think you should write a novel, an epic poem at least, and expand this literary aptitude of yours.

I don't necessarily relate to your POV or agree with you, but I find you interesting and charming. We haven't had any quarrel I've been a party to. You aren't afraid to speak your mind and that's an admirable quality.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    True.... I'm still interested in who relates to him, just for curiosity's sake. I agree with BC that his style of posting can throw you off, and probably why no one is standing up and saying, "He's so much like my type.".
    Indeed - no one seems to want to claim him.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    You didn't read all the pages, did ya? I understand.
    *smiles* No, luckily I'm not quite pathetic enough to read through 190+ posts about Victor's type. I can just tell from the tone of the discussion that no one has asked him any piercing questions.

Actually, I think it would be interesting to see people ask Victor more direct questions, in general. He seems to hover somewhere behind a thick bank of fog, and it would be nice to get a closer look at his profile.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Ginkgo

The very fact that he's summoning attention in this thread constitutes Fi. I'm sure he delights in this analyzing session of his... somehow. He doesn't entirely mesh with preconceived stereotypes, which I'm sure he loves. His posts are usually responsive and relate previous statements to his own knowledge about the world. This tends to derail topics. I'm not going to slap an archetype on him, though I have my opinions.

This is like unveiling a masked superhero. Don't disclose his identity and don't tarnish it people!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Yeah, does anyone relate to Victor? And if so, how?
    Yes. Although we don't always find common ground on an issue, I have little trouble relating to his particular style of communication.

Requires movement.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Indeed - no one seems to want to claim him.
    Somehow, I imagine a glass of absinthe would allow me to relate.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP

Has anyone but Victor ever had a 20 page thread dedicated to them? Because it's pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by sofmarhof View Post
    Has anyone but Victor ever had a 20 page thread dedicated to them? Because it's pretty impressive.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-jack-who.html

Ginkgo

Victor, what was your childhood like?