User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    Victor, please don't go there - makes you an easy target. You don't understand culture from the above statement or the concept of identity for any given member on the forum being made up of multiple cultures. The assumption of a single cultural influence for any of us is a false start.
    I would have thought that had I not read the history of ideas that taught me that ideas are not sui generis but have a beginning, a middle and an end in a culture.

And I would have thought that had I not read comparative history and learnt we all have a beginning, a middle and end within an historical culture.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The problem is that I have discovered my own voice. And like anybody who discovers their own voice, it is unique.

I am, though, surrounded by those who have yet to discover their own voice. And so their voice is not yet unique.

And not yet having a unique voice of their own they must speak in the conformist voice. So each of them insists they are a unique individual, but all speak in the same voice.

But it is worse than that because they are proud that they have learnt to speak in the conformist style - they have all the pride of an obedient child.

And even worse, they think everyone should speak in the conformist style. And the technique they use to get you to conform is called group bullying.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Holy CRAP you guys. This has gone on LONG ENOUGH.

Madmins, I humbly request that you split this insane derailment off into a new thread, dedicated solely to psychoanalyzing Victor.

In case no moderators respond to this post purely because I posted it, I will PM the ones that I'm friends with. Okay, my work here is done.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Fair enough, the arguement was not on topic. But it shouldn't be that every off topic post should be ignored as if they were never said.

On topic, I don't find anyone, that is still here, scary on this forum. But that guy with the AK47 avatar gave me the creeps though. He sometimes had these snarky outbursts that made my spine shiver.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

To answer the OP, I'm intimidated by members who I worry would be mean to me if I said something to me. Edahn was one of those members, before he left; I was REALLY scared of him, partially because I had a small altercation with him, and we were both mean, and I tried to make amends and he refused to accept it. That gave me bad, bad vibes, so I now avoid/ignore all members who it's possible that I might have altercations like that with. I won't name any more names, because I don't want them to be mean to me

...Does anybody else have responses to the question in the OP?

Edit: I was also scared by Edgar's posts in the rape thread. The idea that some men are okay joking about things like that... *shudder*

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Fair enough, the arguement was not on topic. But it shouldn't be that every off topic post should be ignored as if they were never said. .
    I never said that... I said it should be a new thread. I'm all for paying attention to it! We just should give those off-topics a home where they can be appreciated.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I never said that... I said it should be a new thread. I'm all for paying attention to it! We just should give those off-topics a home where they can be loved and appreciated
    Granted, but topics like this are bound to drift. As it directly involves active posters on the forum. In other words. Much of the names mentioned here, many people have different opinions about. Some think someone is scary, others can disagree.

In that sense, the arguement was very much on topic. But it just drifted from sheer namecalling to discussion.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Granted, but topics like this are bound to drift. As it directly involves active posters on the forum. In other words. Much of the names mentioned here, many people have different opinions about. Some think someone is scary, others can disagree.

In that sense, the arguement was very much on topic. But it just drifted from sheer namecalling to discussion.
    Drifting is one thing - I have no problem with it in small doses. Turning to an almost entirely unrelated topic for twenty pages is another. I guess... I just feel like, when it gets to the point where no one can address the OP anymore without getting off topic from what everyone else was discussing, it's contrary to what the point of the thread should be. When stuff like that happens to threads, it wards off the newcomers, and so people derail and derail and derail until finally the thread dies and the full potential of the thread was never reached. (We've all seen it happen...)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    and the full potential of the thread was never reached. (We've all seen it happen...)
    This is just an observation, but this is a bonfire topic. It was not created in seriousness. It runs while it lasts but I don't think the potential of this thread is truly that great. :P

Hmm, maybe you scare me a little for thinking this topic has great potential. *hides*

This is just an observation, but this is a bonfire topic. It was not created in seriousness. It runs while it lasts but I don't think the potential of this thread is truly that great. :P

Hmm, maybe you scare me a little for thinking this topic has great potential. *hides*

I agree since most of people here are freaks of some kind in real life. So this is basicly a pontless question / thread.

The quirks are exactly what keeps the show going.