• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Analyze Victor/split from Forum's Scariest Members

VagrantFarce

Based on my dealings with Victor in this thread, I considered him to be INTJ. :) Specifically this post:

[url=http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type/26261-mbti-where-proof-10.html#post993919]Victor[/url] said:
We are pattern seeking animals. And we prefer any pattern to no pattern. And for this reason we are subject to self deception and illusion. Dominant-Ni

And this is why we test patterns we perceive against evidence and reason. Auxillary-Te

And this is what we learnt in the Enlightenment - to test patterns we perceive against evidence and reason. For instance, this is how we discovered the Earth goes round the Sun, and that our perception that the Sun goes round the Earth is an illusion.

And when we test MBTI against evidence and reason we find MBTI is based on self deception and illusion.

He definately has Fi, although I think it could easily be tertiary-Fi. :)

Mole

Permabanned
I've never seen a discourse between him [Victor] and someone come to a conclusion (unless they're supporting his viewpoint), ever. Because he doesn't have a point he's holding stead-fast to, some vanishing point he's moving towards

The vanishing point came with the discovery of perspective.

And perspective is a point of view.

And point of view privileges the eye.

And point of view arises from sequential, linear thought.

And sequential, linear thought arises from the printed page which is linear and sequential. Word follows word one at a time. And words build into paragraphs which follow one at a time. And paragraphs follow paragraphs one at time. And paragraphs build into chapters which follow each other one at a time. Until we have built a linear, sequential book that teaches us to think in a linear, sequential, 'logical', way.

And the printed page entered Western culture after the invention of the printing press in 1440.

Unfortunately for you the electric telegraph was invented in 1840 which gave rise to a new way of thinking.

And the privileged eye was replace by all the other senses, for instance, we remain 'in touch' on the telephone which is both aural and tactile and entirely non-visual.

So after the invention of the electric telegraph, instead of things happening one at a time in a linear, sequential, 'logical' way, things began to happen all at once in exactly the same way the ear 'illogically' hears everything at once.

And as you may have noticed, I write in the telegraphic style to suit the electronic media.

So the printing press gave us literacy which exploded the West onto the world in, for instance, colonialism. While the electric telegraph is imploding us into the global village where everything happens all at once. For instance, not so long ago it would have taken three months for you to write to me but today we are sending and receiving electronic messages to one another in real time. We are imploding into each other as we send and receive electronic messages at the speed of light.

So print exploded us into the world while the electric internet is imploding us into one another. And in particular your emotions are imploding into mine electronically.

But you want me to show you a vanishing point that no longer exists - the vanishing point has vanished.

Rather, dear Q, you have joined the Typology tribe in the global village where there is no vanishing point, and no point of view, and no perspective. No wonder you feel disorientated. But always remember that disorientation is a sign you are learning something new - that is why each University year begins with Orientation Week.

So now we all feel the same thing at the same time - our thoughts and feeling are imploding into one another every time we log on.

Surely you have noticed.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Shrimp or crab?

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
Victor, are you a fan of William Blake? Did you read a significant amount of his writing at a young age?

Mole

Permabanned
Victor, are you a fan of William Blake? Did you read a significant amount of his writing at a young age?

You would think so wouldn't you. But I have never been able to take to William Blake.

This is odd because I am in love with the Romantics and perhaps this is understandable as the Romantic Movement was a reaction to the Enlightenment. But no matter how Romantic I get, I can't get past the Enlightenment.

It's as though I respond emotionally and imaginatively to the Romantics but morally to the Enlightenment.

And then again, when I have followed my Romantic impulses, I have been mugged by reality.

So I wonder whether William Blake has ever been mugged.

Mole

Permabanned
I like you, Victor.

But this was selfish of you.

You know, OneWithSoul, I am constantly asked to explain myself here, often in hostile way as though I should explain my existence.

And when I go to an awful lot of trouble to explain what I am doing here, you call me selfish.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Based on my dealings with Victor in this thread, I considered him to be INTJ. :) Specifically this post:

He definately has Fi, although I think it could easily be tertiary-Fi. :)

It's gotta be either dom Ni+tert Fi (INTJ) or dom Fi+tert Ni (ISFP.) I lean toward the latter, but he's so clearly Fi/Ni that I don't see any other realistic possibilities.

VagrantFarce

It's gotta be either dom Ni+tert Fi (INTJ) or dom Fi+tert Ni (ISFP.) I lean toward the latter, but he's so clearly Fi/Ni that I don't see any other realistic possibilities.

I agree, definately one of those two. I'd lean toward INTJ because, of what I've read, the guy is pretty much defined by his abstract detachment and his constant perspective-shifting.

The vanishing point came with the discovery of perspective.

And perspective is a point of view.

And point of view privileges the eye.

And point of view arises from sequential, linear thought.

And sequential, linear thought arises from the printed page which is linear and sequential. Word follows word one at a time. And words build into paragraphs which follow one at a time. And paragraphs follow paragraphs one at time. And paragraphs build into chapters which follow each other one at a time. Until we have built a linear, sequential book that teaches us to think in a linear, sequential, 'logical', way.

And the printed page entered Western culture after the invention of the printing press in 1440.

Unfortunately for you the electric telegraph was invented in 1840 which gave rise to a new way of thinking.

And the privileged eye was replace by all the other senses, for instance, we remain 'in touch' on the telephone which is both aural and tactile and entirely non-visual.

So after the invention of the electric telegraph, instead of things happening one at a time in a linear, sequential, 'logical' way, things began to happen all at once in exactly the same way the ear 'illogically' hears everything at once.

And as you may have noticed, I write in the telegraphic style to suit the electronic media.

So the printing press gave us literacy which exploded the West onto the world in, for instance, colonialism. While the electric telegraph is imploding us into the global village where everything happens all at once. For instance, not so long ago it would have taken three months for you to write to me but today we are sending and receiving electronic messages to one another in real time. We are imploding into each other as we send and receive electronic messages at the speed of light.

So print exploded us into the world while the electric internet is imploding us into one another. And in particular your emotions are imploding into mine electronically.

But you want me to show you a vanishing point that no longer exists - the vanishing point has vanished.

Rather, dear Q, you have joined the Typology tribe in the global village where there is no vanishing point, and no point of view, and no perspective. No wonder you feel disorientated. But always remember that disorientation is a sign you are learning something new - that is why each University year begins with Orientation Week.

So now we all feel the same thing at the same time - our thoughts and feeling are imploding into one another every time we log on.

Surely you have noticed.

Anyone else reading causal Te logic in this? Or is it just me? :)

Also, y'know how Victor always flips his perspective to keep control of a conversation? Reminds me of this scene:

[youtube=Ds-2WcqaziM]INTJ[/youtube]

INTJ, my final offer or strike my dead. :yes:

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's not really perspective shifting. He's just playing. He likes to play word games. It amuses him that people actually try to figure out what he means by them.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He's not really perspective shifting. He's just playing. He likes to play word games. It amuses him that people actually try to figure out what he means by them.

I will agree that I can see that its more a play on words then purpose perspective shifting. Its a difference in intention, some types go for immediate affect based on the most current context as opposed to where we have been or where we are going. It comes across as constant perspective shifting, yet no matter how much you analyze you will never see it as its not present in the form you are looking for :D

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's a butterfly. It only rarely lights on anything, and even then, not for long.

redacted

Why are you so positive about Fi? Extreme introversion of Intuition could make it look like Feeling is also introverted. I just think if you look directly at function order, you see that N and F stick faaar above the other ones, and NFP is out because Ne seems so absent.

I guess you could claim INTJ, but I see very little Te...where's the tangible practicality of the things he says? And ISFP misses the extreme intuition.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What extreme intuition?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
C'mon folks, try it yourself, there's almost always one word from the previous sentence in the one following:

Posting "like" Victor is not hard to do.

Hard is trying to tie your shoe while you're walking down the sidewalk.

Down the cold-hard sidewalk of life where stopping is frowned upon.

And because it's frowned upon, we don't dare to violate the rules.

The rules tell us that frowning will only increase your wrinkles in old age.

But only the truly old or truly young have no wrinkles of the soul.

Their souls are free; wrinkle-free that is ;).​

Sorry, that was awful, but it's stream of consciousness, more than intuition in my eyes. It feels good, and I maintain Victor sees words as art and paints us pictures thusly.

ISFP.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree.
Intentionally vague is not the same thing as intuitive.