User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 395

  1. #121
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    473

    Default

    well, at least someone shares my point of view

  2. #122
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post


    You are unnecessarily taking a very unambiguous observation on a philosophical level. The mask you wear does give hints about your personality as a whole, but it's still a malicious delusion.
    Look, I'm not trying to achieve world peace here, so I do not have the intentions of writing a freaking novel about this issue. I just felt that this needed to be said because I do believe injustice was done here. If you don't agree with my point, whatever. But if you wish to discuss that with me, don't come with evasive arguements as if you actually know shit, and actually come up with arguements that I can work with. If I am wrong in my opinion, prove it. If you don't care, stay silent.

    I have read Victor's posts for a very long time. I've understood most of them and feel I have a pretty fair and objective opinion built up about him over time. And what I perceive here is him being a victim of pointless bullying. And that happens like every month or so, not just by you. If anything, I admire Victor for not just closing the browser and never ever putting up with the likes of you again. But all attempts to discredit him have been assumptious and ungrounded. If you don't like him, that's fine. You can't like everyone in your life. I don't either. You don't have to like anyone for all I care. I'm fine with that. But if I see anyone trying to discredit someone in ways that seem completely ungrounded to me. I have an urge to step in. That's who I am.

    Saying my view on this is philosophical and malicious however does very much concern me and if you have -any- arguement or reason to back up your claim on that, I suggest you start making your point. I've pondered about this issue quite a lot, and strongly feel my opinion is not pulled right out of the air.

    I don't claim to know you, and therefor I doubt you know me, so purely judging from these two posts here and that fact, I don't think I'd be far off in saying that you're way to quick to judge, and pretty much full of BS. (And the irony in that sentence was intentional.)

    Edit: Also, don't misunderstand. I'm not trying to come up for Victor. I'm just doing what I feel is right. He has no say in that as much as I have any say in his actions. I don't care how he feels about this. I care how I feel about it.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  3. #123
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    My name is Victor Reginald Shortus. I live at 1/22 Oxley Street, Griffith. ACT.2603. Look me up on Google Earth and you will be able to look right in my front door at street level.

    My telephone number is 0011 61 2 6232 6294. You can call me right now.

    Or you can type my name shortus into Skype and talk to me and see me on camera.

    Or of course there is always Google Talk.

    So who are you? Or do you prefer to hide behind your pseudonym Qre:us and criticize me from the safety of your anonymity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I won't tell you. But, balls to you for doing so.
    This.

    Because if I reveal my name, I will no longer be anonymous, given the world wide web.

    Googling you, Mr. Victor Reginald Shortus, you still retain your anonymity.

    Thus, you have control. I do not. In this, we are not equal. Alas.
    There is a difference between physical body and who we actually are.

    To tell someone your name doesn't give away yourself, it gives away what your parents gave you as a weak identifier.

    Being able to find you geographically also doesn't give of yourself.

    To give of yourself you must share without hiding what is inside.

    Qre:us, without pics or address, does appear to show what is inside.

    With address and name Victor has not.

  4. #124
    No Cigar Litvyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    If I am wrong in my opinion, prove it.
    Lol, how do I prove that Victor's fake? How do you prove that he's not? Shall we arrange a three-continental meeting on the Bahamas?
    Please think for a while before you talk shit.

    There is nothing to prove here - I just wanted to say that you're evading my point by bringing in the pseudo-philosophical sweet talk.

    No, I do not wish to discuss semiotics or moral philosophy with you. At all. Nor do I want to keep silent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    But if I see anyone trying to discredit someone in ways that seem completely ungrounded to me. I have an urge to step in. That's who I am.
    There's no problem with that. But answering with shitstorm to a shitstorm does make you appear a little less intelligent than you would like to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Saying my view on this is philosophical and malicious however does very much concern me and if you have -any- arguement or reason to back up your claim on that, I suggest you start making your point.
    "The mask you wear does give hints about your personality as a whole, but it's still a malicious delusion. "

    The malicious delusion concerned Victor's little play, and not your argument.

  5. #125
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Lol, how do I prove that Victor's fake?
    If you don't know or can't prove he is fake, which is morally the same, but still accuse him of being so. Then my point was definatly justified and we are done talking.

    This was exactly why I felt I needed to make that point and I thank you for proving me right.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  6. #126
    No Cigar Litvyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    If you don't know or can't prove he is fake, but still accuse him of being so. Then my point was definatly justified and we are done talking.
    I think he's fake, you think he's not, that's all. I didn't say or do anything that would make it necessary for you to play Captain Justice. If he wants to defend himself, get it on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I thank you for proving me right.


    Too transparent. Try again?
    Last edited by Litvyak; 01-03-2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: quoted later

  7. #127
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Victor writes in a style that makes people think he might be fake. It's inherent to the style of writing. Some people will think he is, some people won't. He did offer his skype for anyone to interact with him, that probably would give a better idea of which he is. The problem is that if you think he is "fake" you might not want to interact with him on skype.

  8. #128
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    I think he's fake, you think he's not, that's all. I didn't say or do anything that would make it necessary for you to play Captain Justice. If he wants to defend himself, get it on.


    You accused him of being fake, you didn't say you believe he might be fake. To the reader there is a -huge- difference there, it wields an entirely different impact and came make the world of difference between hurting someone or trying to intellectually argue with someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post


    Too transparent. Try again?
    I see I was right about you as well, on both accusations. Still on the evasive behaviour. And way too quick to judge.

    Either way, that's as much as I will indulge your 'try again'. As far as I'm concerned this discussion is done with, if you still disagree, for the sake of the forum. Take it up to me personally. These posts will already probably be graveyarded, no need to make even more for the mods to move in a discussion that is clearly between you and me, not relating to this topic.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  9. #129
    Allergic to Mornings ergophobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    Wow. Victor's thread is, as always, intriguing (Sorry purple - I'm not acquainted with any scary members ):

    For what it's worth, Victor typed himself as an INFP and is living up to that fully on this thread and others. The fiercely individualistic part in a clearly emotional way and defending this individuality with fuzzy logic fits.

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I think you are having yourself on. You don't understand distinctions or cultural difference. Yet here you are holding forth on an international forum.
    Victor, please don't go there - makes you an easy target. You don't understand culture from the above statement or the concept of identity for any given member on the forum being made up of multiple cultures. The assumption of a single cultural influence for any of us is a false start.

    It reminds me of your State Department that started a war in the Middle East and no one could speak Arabic.
    Pot calling kettle black? As I recall, Australia happily sent troops in to support the U.S. Shall we associate you with your foreign affairs ministry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Colonial elitism.....

    I am a savage, you shall enlighten me....
    That's the flavor I'm getting and it sucks. I'd like strawberry instead please and it better have real strawberries. None of that stuff with artificial flavoring!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Wether that's true or not, it's still not important. I don't see him harming anyone. And this forum is supposed to let people be themselves and be appreciated for that regardless of their opinions and actions. He has his own identity, and no one should expect him to act any different than how he believes he should act himself.
    Agreed.

    FW - are you trying to add another tangent to this thread with the above -- type FW as a a flavor of F?

    I think despite the silliness, there are some really interesting questions raised here.

    1. What is culture or identity in the context of an online identity?
    2. How do we measure or determine how guarded or open one is on an online forum?
    Should it measured by the level of personal detail one is willing to offer?
    Does a higher level of personal detail imply a greater level of sincerity in reflecting one's RL views/opinions?
    Does the anonymity that is offered to us here (it is a choice, you know at both ends ) provide us a safe space to present our views/opinions openly in a way that the personal details would inhibit us in real life?
    3. Finally, why should this matter at all? Most of us are here because the conversations are interesting and we're learning something. Why should the choice made by the person regarding the level of detail they share affect the interaction? Precisely because it's an international forum, distance and details become less important than more. When we don't present our views as tied to particular contexts, we allow people to see us for us - not tied to stereotypical images of the environments in which we reside. More similarities and differences based on personality type - after all, isn't that what brings us here?

    Tuppence done. Off to make coffee.

  10. #130
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    FW - are you trying to add another tangent to this thread with the above -- type FW as a a flavor of F?
    I did not act out of sympathy. But just out of the typical INTP, admittedly subjective, sense of justice. I do keep an open mind, but bs arguements aren't going to sway my view. Did it for me, not for Victor.

    So pretty T, not very F.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 155
    Last Post: 08-03-2013, 12:41 PM
  2. What is truth (split from post poll)
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 09:47 AM
  3. Forums Scariest Members
    By prplchknz in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 07:27 PM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 10:50 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 12:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO