User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 13

  1. #1
    Senior Member GirlFromMars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    329

    Exclamation I want someone/s who is helpful and bored to take up my challenge!

    OK, I always test online as INFP, or INFp/ 4w5. With most of it I'm like "Yep, that's me for sure" but then sometimes I'm like "Hmmm, I dunno" And I guess I'd just like to have people confirm it, or say what they think I am, heh. I don't always feel nice enough to be an INFP!
    Me:

    For what it's worth, I've been diagnosed with Depression and Anxiety, and didn't have the best upbringing ever.

    I'm pretty much a loner. I'm hardly ever interested in going out, I'd rather stay in and listen to music, use the internet, watch TV etc. With that said, I get very attached to my boyfriend (and others in the past) and like to spend as much time as possible with him. But sometimes when I am with him, I'm thinking about what I'll do when I'm alone - which is the same as always. When I'm not with him, I'm often thinking about what I'll do when I am! And I'm looking forward to living together. I tend to rely on people a lot. I both love and hate people and the world. Sometimes I get so upset and pissed off at people, the world, and the way things are. Then other times I'll cry because I feel such love for certain people, and the world. I both want to take care of people, hug them and heal their wounds I know (or assume) they have, and want to kick them! Some people think I'm really sweet, someone to turn to,but then some think I'm selfish, ungrateful and harsh. Honestly, I think I'm both.

    The majority of my thoughts are about me, the people I care about, the world at large. It's often in a worrying way (anixety at play?) Worrying that my boyfriend will leave me, looking back on things I said/done and worrying that I hurt someone. And another BIG one with me is worrying that I'm letting people take advantage of me. I dunno, I just have this thing that I don't want to be walked-over and used (this most probably is from childhood experiences) Other than worrying, I think about the world and how amazing and weird it is that it even exsists. I think about why were all here, what is the purpose, etc. I get stuck on the past and the future. I have a very hard time staying in the here and now. I really want to live in the moment more. I find it hard to enjoy things because I'm wondering what will happend after it, or if it goes wrong etc. I like to know things. I like to know when something is going to happen, what time, etc. and like to have that done. I am however HORRIBLE at making decisions, and would rather somebody else makes it for me in most cases. I'm nearly always late, and I leave everything to the last minute. But I have to know what's going to happen before it happens, if that makes sense? If someone says "I'll let you know tomorrow" I'm like "Noooo!!!!! Please tell me now!!!!!!!!!!!"

    I mostly show a serious, moody me. I've offended people many-a-time because they think I'm being rude to them, when I'm not, it's just the way I am. I'm quiet, I can't speak too loud, and loud people drain me and make me want to cry. I just can't deal with people that are too in-your-face. UGH! However I have a silly switch where I'll just randomly go all silly, child-like I guess. And sometimes people think I'm so funny. I tend to agree...sometimes. I don't do small talk, I have no use for it really. But get me started on something I find interesting, and I will talk for HOURS. That's usually something that's considerd deep and/or spiritual. Or like debating important (to me) issues. I don't LIKE conflict, and sometimes I'll shut up if I think it's not important enough to argue. But if there's a subject I think is important, and/or someone has really hurt me, I will stand my ground. I won't be some weakling, and I CAN be harsh. My mum has said I know the right thing to say to someone to hurt them. And somehow I do. I won't do that though unless they've seriously hurt me, or done something very immoral. I'd prefer to talk things through, but that can't always be done. WHen someone HAS struck a deep chord in me, I can find it hard to give up. I'll want to keep prodding them. I also have a thing where if I totally disagree with somebodies opinion, it really frustrates me!

    My biggest passions are music, writing, reading, children, causes (usually to help people that are hurting, such as Samaritans which I put an application in for), Spirituality. I LOVE finding music with lyrics I can relate to, that I can also feel the passion in. I write lyrics, poetry,stories, and random thoughts and feelings. I dress in a kinda Alternative/ Rock Chick way, and like to look a bit different. I have a big thing about "Chavs" and people that follow the crowd, look boring and samey to me. I'm also proud of the fact I'm pretty deep/abstract/different from most my age. It's like a bittersweet thing though, because sometimes I think life would be so much easier if I fitted in more. But theennn I think ewww, no thank you. I can make friends when I want to, but they're usually not on a deep enough level to me. I'm not down with the endless shallow talk that most my age are all about, and I'm not interested in clubbing really. I get on better with older people in general.

    When I was a kid I was basicaly the same as I am now. I was always such a scaredy cat, I would never dare climb the monkey bars or whatever incase I get hurt, and would cringe when others would. I retreated into my own little fantasy world a lot of the time (could be because thigns weren't good around me) I made believe a lot. Was always praised for my writing ability (stories, poetry) and acting. When I was 6 I decided I was going to become a vegeterian. When I was told it was ACTUAL fish that swam in the sea I was eating, I was absolutely shocked, confused, and disgusted at the fact people ate animals. I swore I'd never eat animals again, and kept it up for 7 years. I keep thinking about going back to it!

    Aright, I'd better leave it there. Whos'e up for it? Any questions, please feel free to ask.
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

  2. #2
    Senior Member Robert165's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    257

    Default

    i dont know much of anything about type, in fact i'm a bit sceptical of teh whole idea, but thats not the main point of my comment.if you have problems with depression and anxiety i reccomend you take medication and go to therapy. most of your concerns are very normal fears and concerns, probably made worse by depression and anxiety.

    overall i think you're fine. learn to calm down and acept things and trust yourself a littlemore is my only advice.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robert165/

    I'm just trying to do this Jigsaw puzzle, before it rains anymore.

  3. #3
    Head Pigeon Mad Hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    Challenge No.1: Reading through the entire OP.
    My Result: -FAIL-

    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

    -τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

  4. #4
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlFromMars View Post
    OK, I always test online as INFP, or INFp/ 4w5. With most of it I'm like "Yep, that's me for sure" but then sometimes I'm like "Hmmm, I dunno" And I guess I'd just like to have people confirm it, or say what they think I am, heh. I don't always feel nice enough to be an INFP!
    I don't even have to read the rest of your post to notice Auxillary-Ne/Tertiary-Si.


    Si: "Well, that proves it! INFP! 100% totally me!"

    Ne: "That might have been true then, but what if you're wrong from now on?"

    Si: :eek: "You're right! I need to be absolutely sure! Must receive more input! NOW!"

    Ne:


    You're INFP, don't worry your cute little penguin self too much.
    Hello

  5. #5
    Senior Member GirlFromMars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert165 View Post
    i dont know much of anything about type, in fact i'm a bit sceptical of teh whole idea, but thats not the main point of my comment.if you have problems with depression and anxiety i reccomend you take medication and go to therapy. most of your concerns are very normal fears and concerns, probably made worse by depression and anxiety.

    overall i think you're fine. learn to calm down and acept things and trust yourself a littlemore is my only advice.
    Yeah, I'm on it. Thanks though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Avis
    Challenge No.1: Reading through the entire OP.
    My Result: -FAIL-
    Booo. You therefore fail at life!
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

  6. #6
    Senior Member GirlFromMars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    I don't even have to read the rest of your post to notice Auxillary-Ne/Tertiary-Si.


    Si: "Well, that proves it! INFP! 100% totally me!"

    Ne: "That might have been true then, but what if you're wrong from now on?"

    Si: :eek: "You're right! I need to be absolutely sure! Must receive more input! NOW!"

    Ne:


    You're INFP, don't worry your cute little penguin self too much.
    LMAO. Not INFJ? Or something else? :p
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

  7. #7
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlFromMars View Post
    LMAO. Not INFJ? Or something else? :p
    Well, maybe INTP. But seriously, your first sentence is a perfect encapsulation of the classic Ne/Si feedback loop.
    Hello

  8. #8
    Senior Member GirlFromMars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Well, maybe INTP.
    Nooo, don't do this - I'm counting on you! ;p *goes to read INTP profiles* But I think I'm too sensitive/illogical to be a T...?

    I think it shouldn't matter so much!

    BTW, thanks. At least you read one sentence. I like you!
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

  9. #9
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlFromMars View Post
    BTW, thanks. At least you read one sentence. I like you!
    lol, I did skim it a bit if that's any consolation
    Hello

  10. #10
    Senior Member GirlFromMars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Anyway, I'm not an INTP. I'm pretty sure my brother is, and my ex. I always find INTP's really interesting. Thought you should know!
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

Similar Threads

  1. who wants to take on the challenge of determining my type?
    By catherinegoode in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2013, 06:33 PM
  2. WHY can't I become someone else? Why is it not possible to really change?
    By mysavior in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 02:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO