User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Talking The INFP Rite of Passage

It seems like I should question my type. It's a little disconcerting that I decided on INFP, enneagram 4, etc. without much deliberation at all. Maybe I haven't been around long enough to make a strong impression, but I'd appreciate any feedback I can get.

Before it is pointed out, I'm well aware that, by questioning my type, I may in fact be confirming it. If no one sees any problem with the way I am typed, I will just take it as a sign and move along having demonstrated and proven my INFPness.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

cataplum!

MBTI
    CAT

I think your type is proven by your "Location" alone

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I think INFP suits you well, as long as you don't put yourself in a box and limit yourself to the INFP descriptions. As you grow, you may find out that perhaps INFP isn't the best fit type for you. I've seen it happen.

I wouldn't rule out INFJ or ENFP with you, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Those would be my first two guesses after INFP. I think your original name was a very INFP thing to do.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I think INFP suits you well, as long as you don't put yourself in a box and limit yourself to the INFP descriptions. As you grow, you may find out that perhaps INFP isn't the best fit type for you. I've seen it happen.
    What he said. ^

Don't limit yourself. Or take this crap too seriously.

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    I think your type is proven by your "Location" alone
    Good point.

Thanks for reminding me to not box myself in. I agree that INFP fits me best and I don't have to be the total embodiment of the archetype to qualify as one. Because Ni and Ti are my least used functions, I'm pretty sure I'm not INFJ. I'm not going to exclude the possibility though. I'm glad to have the alternative perspective.

Those would be my first two guesses after INFP. I think your original name was a very INFP thing to do.
    Yeah, the identity uncertainty is a tipoff, huh? :rolli:

What he said. ^

Don't limit yourself. Or take this crap too seriously.
    Biaxident, it's ridiculous how awesome you are.
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

cataplum!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't see anything in your posts that totally contradicts INFP for you. No one fits a profile perfectly.

I only searched for my type briefly upon getting into MBTI, and I've been solidly stamped as INFP ever since. Not all of us have identity crises
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    It seems like I should question my type.
    Sometimes I think that if you're cock sure of your type, you can't be INFP
    And deliberation can be a bit misleading. The more you get into all of this thing and the more you know about different types, what those 4-letter words represent etc., the more your test results will be influenced.
    I'd say do whatever you feel comfortable with and what suits you - I agree with about 50% INFP and 50% INTP (and the last time I took one of these online tests, although it was a fairly comprehensive one, Ti came first and Fi only third or forth). Maybe it's that you're INFP in some respects but not in others, which would only seem reasonable.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I don't see anything in your posts that totally contradicts INFP for you. No one fits a profile perfectly.

I only searched for my type briefly upon getting into MBTI, and I've been solidly stamped as INFP ever since. Not all of us have identity crises
    Heh. Good to know we're not all like that, I suppose.

Sometimes I think that if you're cock sure of your type, you can't be INFP
    See, that's what I was worried about. I clicked with the INFP profile very quickly and don't test as anything else when I'm honest (except once I was ISFP - an idea I entertain sometimes when I'm able to forget how damn clumsy I am ).

And deliberation can be a bit misleading. The more you get into all of this thing and the more you know about different types, what those 4-letter words represent etc., the more your test results will be influenced.
    I'd say do whatever you feel comfortable with and what suits you - I agree with about 50% INFP and 50% INTP (and the last time I took one of these online tests, although it was a fairly comprehensive one, Ti came first and Fi only third or forth). Maybe it's that you're INFP in some respects but not in others, which would only seem reasonable.
    Noted. I'd say the more I understand, the less likely it seems that I could be anything other than INFP. It's a little discouraging because I thought that learning about typology would lead me to consider other possibilities. Can I ask why you still prefer INFP despite your high Ti and sometimes lowish Fi? What tips the 50/50 balance in INFP's favor?
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

cataplum!

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post

Biaxident, it's ridiculous how awesome you are.

You must have avoided speaking to my ex-wife then.