User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 30 of 30

  1. #21
    Head Pigeon Mad Hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    Can I ask why you still prefer INFP despite your high Ti and sometimes lowish Fi? What tips the 50/50 balance in INFP's favor?
    One reason: BlackCat gave me a really good explanation of how to integrate Ti in this whole typology thingy.

    The other is what Biax said - don't take it too seriously. It's not scientific, and while I enjoy the recent fad of Function-Bashing-Threads, all I can say is that I don't fully understand them, that other people don't do it either, and that it's probably because Functions are mostly a neat pile of jelly in your favorite flavor.

    Plus, INTPs and INFPs seem don't seem to be terribly apart from one another, at least when the T/F preference isn't very clear - as it is in my case. Strong IN_P Ts or Fs might be quite different from one another.

    Also, I don't want to cause an endless stream of emotions when I leave the NF side and defect to the cold, unfeeling bastards. Some people would cry themselves to sleep me while others would want to seek me out and hug me

    Finally, being a 4w5, I like to be special, unique and transcend the system, but that goes without saying
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

    -τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

  2. #22
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I thought the INFP rite of passage was when you bought your first cat/kitten.


    It's just like how you aren't officially an ENFP until you change your type to ENTP or xNFP.

  3. #23
    /X\(:: :: )/X\ BlueSprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    In college I played around with INFJ, INTJ, and INTP a small bit, but for the most part I've never really questioned my type. Once I read that INFPs are like the tin man from the Wizard of Oz I knew the profile had me pegged. Just like the tin man, INFPs are on a journey to find a heart. We are unable to cry for fear of rusting our armor. Yet, like the tin man, our heart is within us all along.
    +100

    I never knew my reason for liking the Tin Man best.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    You're totally an INFJ. Look at how awesome your Ni is!
    I know, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Strange question: Do you personify objects? That can be a very Fi dominant trait. I'm not sure if it is just in speech for amusement, but most ones I know do it.

    some examples: "I think this computer doesn't like me" "Word keeps disagreeing with me" "the printer ate my paper" "peppermint chocolates are evil"
    I maybe did as a child, but I never do that anymore. I don't phrase things like that even jokingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I this.

    I feel like finding that soft side ascribed to INFPs in profiles was a bit of a journey for me...and it wasn't until I got some perspective on the past and comments from people outside my family that I realized I was a Feeler and not a Thinker. INTP never felt right, and I wrote off MBTI for that reason because I had only a shallow understanding ("Only 16 personality types? How stupid!"). When I returned to MBTI years later, I understood myself and my motivations better, and it was clear I was a Feeler. There was only a little more info needed to confirm that, and then I was sure.

    Like you Jane, the more I read now, the more I see myself as FiNe. Any doubts I had before was from limited understanding.
    Was it hard to accept the 'feeler' designation? At least, it was for me. I know that every type is supposed to have its merits, but there is a de facto heirarchy in my culture and even on this board to an extent.

    Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Simple test. What did you feel/think when you found out you were an INFP?

    a) Wow! I'm special and unique!
    b) Oh no! My life sucks!
    c) Hmmm, I'm not sure. Perhaps I need a second opinion.
    d) No way! That's not me at all!

    If your answer is a), then you're definitely an INFP since no other type will enjoy being one

    If your answer is b) then you're very likely an INFP

    If your answer is c) then there's a good chance you're an INFP

    If your answer is d) then you're just in denial
    My answer is b and that quiz was mean.

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I thought the INFP rite of passage was when you bought your first cat/kitten.
    Really more of a dog person. I know... INxxs are supposed to be cat people. So sue me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    One reason: BlackCat gave me a really good explanation of how to integrate Ti in this whole typology thingy.

    The other is what Biax said - don't take it too seriously. It's not scientific, and while I enjoy the recent fad of Function-Bashing-Threads, all I can say is that I don't fully understand them, that other people don't do it either, and that it's probably because Functions are mostly a neat pile of jelly in your favorite flavor.

    Plus, INTPs and INFPs seem don't seem to be terribly apart from one another, at least when the T/F preference isn't very clear - as it is in my case. Strong IN_P Ts or Fs might be quite different from one another.

    Also, I don't want to cause an endless stream of emotions when I leave the NF side and defect to the cold, unfeeling bastards. Some people would cry themselves to sleep me while others would want to seek me out and hug me

    Finally, being a 4w5, I like to be special, unique and transcend the system, but that goes without saying
    "Functions are mostly a neat pile of jelly in your favorite flavor." is getting nominated in the Best Comments thread, FYI.

    I've noticed that the INTPs I know have attitudes toward work/play and make lifestyle choices that make them seem superficially similar to me. However, their internal worlds are quite different. Keep in mind, though, that my Ti is very weak and I've known very Ti dominant INTPs. As you said, this could make quite a difference. I think it's best to have a healthy balance and it seems you have achieved that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post


    It's just like how you aren't officially an ENFP until you change your type to ENTP or xNFP.
    I thought I was the only one who noticed that.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

    cataplum!

  4. #24
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    It seems like I should question my type. It's a little disconcerting that I decided on INFP, enneagram 4, etc. without much deliberation at all. Maybe I haven't been around long enough to make a strong impression, but I'd appreciate any feedback I can get.
    Jane, your daydreaming post spoke to me. And I wanted to reach out to you but restrained myself possibly because I wanted to create a good impression and because I immediately liked you and wanted you to like me.

    This may well be because we are both INFP but whatever the reason we approach daydreaming in the same way.

    So I am on tippy toes with you - wanting to create a good impression and wanting you to like me.

    This may not be as good as it sounds for perhaps I like you only because you are like me. But I can't help myself. And at some level I don't want to help myself.

    Jane, I even like your name, plain simple Jane that rings like a bell.

  5. #25
    /X\(:: :: )/X\ BlueSprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Jane, your daydreaming post spoke to me. And I wanted to reach out to you but restrained myself possibly because I wanted to create a good impression and because I immediately liked you and wanted you to like me.

    This may well be because we are both INFP but whatever the reason we approach daydreaming in the same way.

    So I am on tippy toes with you - wanting to create a good impression and wanting you to like me.

    This may not be as good as it sounds for perhaps I like you only because you are like me. But I can't help myself. And at some level I don't want to help myself.

    Jane, I even like your name, plain simple Jane that rings like a bell.
    I wanted to make a good impression too, I'll admit. That's why I turned what should have been a brief defense of pitbulls into a near essay. You certainly don't need to be on your tiptoes with me. I'm not easily put off by considerate people. Perhaps you understand, as an INFP, but I don't want to make any assumptions, of course.

    I'm glad you understand the daydreaming to the point of empathizing with it. It's hard to explain how integral it is to my life without risking sounding a bit looney. I think my existence wouldn't be as rewarding for me if fantasy didn't heighten my experiences. Thank you for forcing me to describe my process of daydreaming, or I might never have been aware of the nature of its role in my life.

    And I'm glad you like Jane, though I will be changing my username soon. "Jane (Doe)" was a non-identity I chose when I was deeply confused about who I was and couldn't come up with a username to save my life. The poll in my blog seems to indicate that I will be BlueSprout shortly. I like it because it is simple, like Jane, but speaks more to who I am.

    Once again, there is no need to tiptoe around me. Feel free to communicate with me whenever or however you please.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

    cataplum!

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post


    It's just like how you aren't officially an ENFP until you change your type to ENTP or xNFP.
    . I've gone xNFP and ENxP, but never crossed the T line.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

  7. #27
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    Was it hard to accept the 'feeler' designation? At least, it was for me. I know that every type is supposed to have its merits, but there is a de facto heirarchy in my culture and even on this board to an extent.
    Very much so! I sent you a message so I don't hi-jack your thread.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  8. #28
    Senior Member Space_Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    CAT
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jane
    I'm glad you understand the daydreaming to the point of empathizing with it. It's hard to explain how integral it is to my life without risking sounding a bit looney. I think my existence wouldn't be as rewarding for me if fantasy didn't heighten my experiences. Thank you for forcing me to describe my process of daydreaming, or I might never have been aware of the nature of its role in my life.
    Could you provide a link to this, please? It sounds very interesting, and very similar to my own experience.

  9. #29
    /X\(:: :: )/X\ BlueSprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Okay, here it is. Rereading it, it seems a little purple prose-y so be gentle. Sometimes you have to get into a certain state of mind to write about these things.

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...dentity-5.html
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

    cataplum!

  10. #30
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    Okay, here it is. Rereading it, it seems a little purple prose-y so be gentle. Sometimes you have to get into a certain state of mind to write about these things.
    Makes sense to me
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] Is INFP the "perfect" type? - All hail the idiosyncratic dreamers of new worlds!
    By RaptorWizard in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 09-12-2014, 08:30 PM
  2. [INFP] What is the (Practical) Purpose of INFPs?
    By Anew Leaf in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 02:28 PM
  3. [INFP] The different types of infps survey [enneagram, big 5 personal experience]
    By Hopelandic in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 01:05 AM
  4. [INFP] The bittersweet burden of INFP
    By Abstract Thinker in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 03:19 PM
  5. [INFP] INFPs: Sense of Time, THE PERFECT MOMENT, & Universal Application
    By OrangeAppled in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 01:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO