• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

type walking tourist

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Hi all,
I've reached the magic number of posts... 500... so now, please type me. I'll provide some information and I'll answer any questions that you might like to ask. I have deleted my type, except for the "p" part because I doubt that I'm a "j" type... but... well... I'm of course open to all possibilities.
OK. So my brain is on the off mode, so I'll use these questions. Thank you, Jen, for providing the questions. I can't make a video so I've got to do all of this in written format.
1-what makes you angry?
War, pointless violence, meanness, arrogance...
I really don't like to be ignored. I don't mind a few insults. But being treated like I don't exist... that does make me mad.

2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
First, what I like... people with a sense of humor, creative, artistic, open to new adventures, willing to share.. honest...
what I dislike... people who are arrogant, think that they're always right, inflexible, tell lies

3-do you like animals? why?
Yes... I seem to be a magnet for cats and dogs. I just like them. They are delightful, even when they act goofy.

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
They are easy to get along with and they make me laugh and they are good listeners.

5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
first, for the positive: I like that I am energetic and creative and that I can solve problems without a lot of drama. I like that I am good at improvising and that I am curious about the world around me. I like taking things apart to see how they tick. I also like that I am very empathic and feel what others feel. It makes me feel connected. I like that I can sing and can enjoy music by being a part of it. I like that I can draw and paint and sew and crochet and embroider. I really like that artsy side of me. Oh... and I like to try new foods! I'll taste anything once. One time, I saw some food and, to the laughter of others, I said, "I don't know what that is. Therefore, I will eat it." It tasted good! I still don't know what it was.
What do I dislike most about myself? I am a terrible procrastinator. Also, I can talk nonstop and can actually annoy myself with all of that chatter. Also, I can be very indecisive.

6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
Yes, I want to look good but not spend a lot of money doing so. But I'd rather be comfortable than stylish if stylish means discomfort.

7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
It depends. In a choral group, I want to fit in. I want my voice to blend to help achieve the choral sound. I don't always want to fit in. Sometimes, I want to stand out. I want people to notice the creative stuff that I've done or the article that I've written. When a play that I wrote was produced, I was really happy. I sang a solo in a concert and was really happy because I love to perform on stage.

8-what activities do you enjoy?
crochet, draw, paint, walk long distances, cook and bake, read, write, tell stories, sew, wash dishes, sleep, make jewelry, dance, swim, spend time with friends, solve sudoku puzzles, play board games with my mom, look at the stars, hike in the woods, collect sea shells, plant a garden, pull weeds, explore new places, get dressed up and go to a tea party...

9-what makes you feel secure?
a roof over my head, enough food to eat, a driveway/sidewalk free of ice.

10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
I don't know. I haven't been in a relationship for a while.

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
I love the sun, moon, and stars... I love watching plants grow from tiny seeds... I love the color of the sky in the morning and at dusk... I love purple and turquoise and pink and teal and magenta... I love the taste of ripe melon and raspberries... I love to drink fizzy waters and eat crumbly crackers and equally crumbly cheese... I love the smiles on babies' faces... I love old people who tell stories about years gone by and I love old people who dance and sing and still love life after all of those years... I love mountainous places and I love the vast expanse of sea and I love the place that I'm in right now... and when right now changes and the place changes, I will love that place, too... I love rain and snow (sometimes but not always) and a little bit of wind on my face... I love bike paths and parks and long trails... and wild grapes and crab apples and peaches and plums... I love life...

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
taking stuff apart and putting it back together just to see how it works... chocolate... darn, why is that thing that I took apart broken now?... a beverage... I'm getting thirsty... when will those wars end?... What can I do to help expedite the process? What type of dance do I prefer... cha cha or hip hop? do we have enough salad for dinner?

13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
I don't know how much I've changed over the years. Well, I'm much more outgoing. As a child, I was very shy. I wouldn't talk to anyone. When I was in college, I ran for student government to make myself come out of my shell. I had to talk to people. When I was a child, I was lonely, I guess, even though I was shy. I was not a loner, ever. I had imaginary friends. They lived inside a tree and they went to school with me. There were a whole group of them. I have always been an explorer. I have always been curious about my environment and wanted to walk in every direction, just to see what was around me. I've always been somewhat empathic and affected by other people's emotions and moods. I've always wanted to see other people be happy. I've always wanted to help people out, to share with them, to make them smile.

Well, that's about it.
So... give me some type ideas.
Ciao for now.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I see a lot of Se in your answers to 6, 8, 11, and 13. There's obvious Fi in almost all of your responses as well, especially 1 and 13. Your answers to 5 are just general corollaries to Pe. There's a hint of Ni in the earlier part of your response to 12. Oh and your penchant for performance is pretty SFP. I'm definitely going with IxFP and leaning towards ISFP. Your responses come across as a bit more down-to-earth than most INFPs.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SFP....your level of energy in the post seems E, but some of the description sounds I.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I've gotten isfp, xsfp, ixfp, and enfp...
Here is some more information:
From where do you get your energy?
Food...
No, silly, do you gain energy from other people or from recharging alone?
I don't know. I enjoy being around other people, but, preferably, not hordes of them. I don't like crowds and noise. I love hearing other people tell me their stories. I feel more energetic when I feel connected. On the other hand, I like taking walks by myself and I like going to art museums by myself. I feel a connection to the world in that way. But, if I'm alone too much, I get restless and tired of being by myself. That drains my energy.
How do you feel about past, present, future... The past is over but there are lessons to be learned from events in the past. There's no point in repeating past mistakes over and over again. I don't really feel nostalgic about the past. I am more interested in what is going on right now, in this present moment. I like feeling a bond with my environment. I want to touch, smell, taste, hear, see... I love how my senses work! As for the future, well, that doesn't exist yet. What happens now can influence what happens in the future. The future does seem kind of fuzzy and unreal to me, sort of like the view that I get when I take my glasses off. But I do like science fiction and other sorts of entertainment that are set in the future.
How do you feel about food?
Mmmm. It's good. I'll try just about anything once!
How do you feel about getting things done early vs. procrastination? I can go either way. I like to get things done early but it's not the end of the world if I have to get a lot done at the last minute. I don't get anxious about it. I figure that I will somehow do whatever I need to. I just don't like to do more than one thing at a time. Hence, some things end up postponed until the last minute because I was busy doing something else. I am also very distractible and will switch activities if something else looks to be more interesting.
OK, that's it for now.
Any more personality type ideas? And why do you pick a certain type for me?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
What do you live for?

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
That's a great question, Jeffster. I had to stop and think about it. I could say that I live for good food... but, no, I don't. Not really. I could say that I live for art and music, but that's incomplete.
I like being with family and friends and I like having shared experiences with them.
Every day, when I wake up, I read one poem. I want to start out my day with beautiful words that I didn't create... something outside of me... a prayer... something from inside of me. I want to learn something new every day and have new experiences and adventures. I want to see what the world looks like from tall mountains or from the bottom of the sea. I may never get to the bottom of the sea but, there, you have it... insatiable curiosity.
I guess that I live for that... my sense of adventure and curiosity... wanting to experience new places, meet new people, learn about other cultures by living them... and I want my experiences to be intense and sensory and full of color and smell and light and music...
So... what does that say about me?

What do you live for?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I guess that I live for that... my sense of adventure and curiosity... wanting to experience new places, meet new people, learn about other cultures by living them... and I want my experiences to be intense and sensory and full of color and smell and light and music...
So... what does that say about me?

It says you are an Artisan type. Some things you have said in your posts made me think possibly Idealist, but when I ask the fundamental question 'what do you live for?' your answer reveals that your basic motivation is sensation-seeking.

So, if you're satisfied with that, you can just say you are Artisan temperament, and leave it at that. ;)

If you want to know which of the four Artisan types, then we can probably figure that out.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, please. I'd like that very much.

Alright then..which of these two sounds more like you?

A. "Operators work on the expediting side of tactical intelligence. They are the tough-minded Artisans, those SPs who are smart at working with people and machinery in order to advance their interests, and who are directive or quick to tell others what to do."

or

B. "Drawn to the improvising side of tactical intelligence, Entertainers are the friendly, fond-hearted Artisans, those SPs who want to amuse or to charm others, and whose first impulse is to inform those around them by making or showing them something beautiful or exciting."

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
.Alright then..which of these two sounds more like you?

A. "Operators work on the expediting side of tactical intelligence. They are the tough-minded Artisans, those SPs who are smart at working with people and machinery in order to advance their interests, and who are directive or quick to tell others what to do."

Hmm. Well I do like machinery and people but am I directive and quick to tell others what to do? Probably not. I'm not really that interested in being in charge. So, no, I don't think that I'm bonding very well with this description.

or

B. "Drawn to the improvising side of tactical intelligence, Entertainers are the friendly, fond-hearted Artisans, those SPs who want to amuse or to charm others, and whose first impulse is to inform those around them by making or showing them something beautiful or exciting."

Well, yes, I think that this one is more descriptive of me. As an example of how I ,think that this applies to me, I spent a lot of time with my Christmas card project. I had some watercolor paintings that I had made color copied and shrunk in size and then I wrote a newsletter with stories... and sent or gave out about 120 of them. I was so happy when people told me that they liked the paintings and the stories. It did warm my heart that I was able to share something colorful with my friends and family that had come completely from me.
And, as for the improvisational aspect, well, I had decided to give my family some 8x10 enlargements of photographs that I had taken. I bought picture frames and then discovered that the shape of the frames was not conducive to neat wrapping. I don't like to do a bad wrapping job, unlike my dad, who really and truly does not care what the package looks like. Oh no, I thought, late at night, how will I make my gifts presentable. Suddenly I sat up in bed. An idea had struck me as abruptly as a light bulb being turned on (if I'd been a cartoon, there would have been a light bulb above my head). The problem was solved. I fell asleep instantly.
The next day, I got out the sewing machine and some fabric and sewed little bags for each of the picture frames.
As it turned out, everyone loved the bags! They were an accidental gift because I had to improvise, due to my dislike of ugly wrapping jobs.
Thank you, Jeffster, for this question.
Please feel free to ask more.:coffee:

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Any I vs E questions for me?
I'm still open to N vs. S and T vs. F questions, if anyone is so inclined.
You can even ask J vs P questions but I really doubt that I have much J going on.
Happy New Year!

VagrantFarce

I like taking things apart to see how they tick. I also like that I am very empathic and feel what others feel. It makes me feel connected.

Text-book Ti/Fe. :)

You talk a lot about how you love particular sensations - is that a nostalgic thing, or more of an "in the moment" thing?

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Very much in the moment, although not always. Certain flowers, such as trumpet flowers, will trigger memories in me. But, for the most part, it is an in the moment kind of sensation thing.

Text-book Ti/Fe. :)

You talk a lot about how you love particular sensations - is that a nostalgic thing, or more of an "in the moment" thing?

VagrantFarce

This is one of those nasty situations where I think you're the only who can decide, so I think the best I can do is point you at the best descriptions of particular functions. Which one you do identify with more?

Ti said:
Introverted Thinking (Ti) often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point. Using introverted Thinking is like having an internal sense of the essential qualities of something, noticing the fine distinctions that make it what it is and then naming it. It also involves an internal reasoning process of deriving subcategories of classes and sub-principles of general principles. These can then be used in problem solving, analysis, and refining of a product or an idea. The analysis involves looking at different sides of an issue and seeing where there is inconsistency. We engage in this process when we notice logical inconsistencies between statements and frameworks, using a model to evaluate the likely accuracy of what’s observed.

Try not to confuse Introverted Thinking with "being smart", it's more about being able to identify logical coherence. It manifests in behaviour like wanting to clarify something that someone else has said, even if it seems kinda anal to do so. :)

Fi said:
I feel that my emotions are trustworthy. I use them to fine-tune my value system...I do this by waiting until I have a feeling, then checking it against what I believe I should feel. If the two are not consistent, I re-analyze why I believe I should feel otherwise. If it does not make sense or is inconsistent with the rest of my values, particularly the foundations of the value system, I alter the value until it is properly aligned. If the reason makes sense and retains an internal consistency with the rest of the value system, I figure out why I am feeling inappropriately. When I discover the core of the error, I can work to change the spiritual flaw in order to change the emotion. I continue focusing on appropriate attitudes until the actual emotion aligns with the value system again.

Remember, try not to confuse Introverted Feeling with just "being sensitive". :) It's about having values and remaining congruent with them, or feeling them to be challenged by others or circumstance.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Based on your posts, you've always struck me very ISFP

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Thank you, Vagrant Farce. This gives me a completely different perspective on Ti vs. Fi. These descriptions are a great help to me in understanding each of these functions and how I can apply them to my own personality. (more below)

This is one of those nasty situations where I think you're the only who can decide, so I think the best I can do is point you at the best descriptions of particular functions. Which one you do identify with more?

Hmmm... they're pretty close. I'm going to brainstorm a little and come up with an answer at the bottom.

Try not to confuse Introverted Thinking with "being smart", it's more about being able to identify logical coherence. It manifests in behaviour like wanting to clarify something that someone else has said, even if it seems kinda anal to do so. :)

This really is a different way for me to see introverted thinking. Until fairly recently, I was sure that I was very T-challenged. Now, well, I don't believe that to be the case. To be sure, I see myself as more of a "creative" person, rather than a "smart" person. Reading the long theoretical discussions by NT types that I had to read two or three times before I could make sense out of them further persuaded me that I could not possibly have access to my T-functions at all. OK. So theoretical discussions isn't my favorite thing.
The description of Ti mentions "wanting to find the right word to say something concisely..." for sure, that is me. And, yes, I do want to clarify something that someone else has said. It can annoy people and it does seem kind of anal.
I like to do research. I spend a lot of time protesting issues, such as war and military aid to foreign countries. I will never protest anything until I have researched the issue thoroughly. I feel that, if I do not have any hope of winning a debate with someone who disagrees with me on an issue, then I am not ready to protest that issue. I want to look at all sides of the issue, to make sure that I understand it. If I discover that the position that I have taken doesn't make any sense, I can always change my position.
I am very aware of logical inconsistencies. This is a trait that has made me a very good editor (currently unemployed, alas).

Remember, try not to confuse Introverted Feeling with just "being sensitive". :) It's about having values and remaining congruent with them, or feeling them to be challenged by others or circumstance.

This, too, is an "eye-opener" for me. I am sensitive and I am very artistic. I do try to remain committed to my values... nonviolence... being kind to others... trying to be nonjudgmental... My values matter to me. But do I feel that my emotions are trustworthy? No, not always. Sometimes I over react and, at other times, I don't even know how to feel. And, other times, I don't even know if I'm having an emotional response or just a physiological response. I am very squeamish about violence. When I see the results of violence on the television news, I feel ill. But that is just a physiological response.
Oh, one more thing about the news. I don't like it when newscasters make comments that I perceive as being opinion or being a value judgment. I want them to stick with the facts. When they don't, I am ready to start debating with them if they were only able to hear me!!!

So... back to Ti vs Fi... I'm just not sure although I am kind of leaning toward Ti, rather than Fi.

This is all very interesting because I had thought that the area of balance for me was E vs. I, not F vs. T. I'm going to adjust my settings to reflect isxp, instead of xsfp.

Let's fine tune this. More questions please.