User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

.Alright then..which of these two sounds more like you?

A. "Operators work on the expediting side of tactical intelligence. They are the tough-minded Artisans, those SPs who are smart at working with people and machinery in order to advance their interests, and who are directive or quick to tell others what to do."

Hmm. Well I do like machinery and people but am I directive and quick to tell others what to do? Probably not. I'm not really that interested in being in charge. So, no, I don't think that I'm bonding very well with this description.

or

B. "Drawn to the improvising side of tactical intelligence, Entertainers are the friendly, fond-hearted Artisans, those SPs who want to amuse or to charm others, and whose first impulse is to inform those around them by making or showing them something beautiful or exciting."

Well, yes, I think that this one is more descriptive of me. As an example of how I ,think that this applies to me, I spent a lot of time with my Christmas card project. I had some watercolor paintings that I had made color copied and shrunk in size and then I wrote a newsletter with stories... and sent or gave out about 120 of them. I was so happy when people told me that they liked the paintings and the stories. It did warm my heart that I was able to share something colorful with my friends and family that had come completely from me.
    And, as for the improvisational aspect, well, I had decided to give my family some 8x10 enlargements of photographs that I had taken. I bought picture frames and then discovered that the shape of the frames was not conducive to neat wrapping. I don't like to do a bad wrapping job, unlike my dad, who really and truly does not care what the package looks like. Oh no, I thought, late at night, how will I make my gifts presentable. Suddenly I sat up in bed. An idea had struck me as abruptly as a light bulb being turned on (if I'd been a cartoon, there would have been a light bulb above my head). The problem was solved. I fell asleep instantly.
    The next day, I got out the sewing machine and some fabric and sewed little bags for each of the picture frames.
    As it turned out, everyone loved the bags! They were an accidental gift because I had to improvise, due to my dislike of ugly wrapping jobs.
    Thank you, Jeffster, for this question.
    Please feel free to ask more.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    I

xSFP

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Any I vs E questions for me?
    I'm still open to N vs. S and T vs. F questions, if anyone is so inclined.
    You can even ask J vs P questions but I really doubt that I have much J going on.
    Happy New Year!
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Please ask questions...
    Could I be:
    ISTP
    ESFP
    ISFP
    ENFP
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    I like taking things apart to see how they tick. I also like that I am very empathic and feel what others feel. It makes me feel connected.
    Text-book Ti/Fe.

You talk a lot about how you love particular sensations - is that a nostalgic thing, or more of an "in the moment" thing?
    Hello

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Very much in the moment, although not always. Certain flowers, such as trumpet flowers, will trigger memories in me. But, for the most part, it is an in the moment kind of sensation thing.

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Text-book Ti/Fe.

You talk a lot about how you love particular sensations - is that a nostalgic thing, or more of an "in the moment" thing?

This is one of those nasty situations where I think you're the only who can decide, so I think the best I can do is point you at the best descriptions of particular functions. Which one you do identify with more?

Quote Originally Posted by Ti
    Introverted Thinking (Ti) often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point. Using introverted Thinking is like having an internal sense of the essential qualities of something, noticing the fine distinctions that make it what it is and then naming it. It also involves an internal reasoning process of deriving subcategories of classes and sub-principles of general principles. These can then be used in problem solving, analysis, and refining of a product or an idea. The analysis involves looking at different sides of an issue and seeing where there is inconsistency. We engage in this process when we notice logical inconsistencies between statements and frameworks, using a model to evaluate the likely accuracy of whatís observed.
    Try not to confuse Introverted Thinking with "being smart", it's more about being able to identify logical coherence. It manifests in behaviour like wanting to clarify something that someone else has said, even if it seems kinda anal to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Fi
    I feel that my emotions are trustworthy. I use them to fine-tune my value system...I do this by waiting until I have a feeling, then checking it against what I believe I should feel. If the two are not consistent, I re-analyze why I believe I should feel otherwise. If it does not make sense or is inconsistent with the rest of my values, particularly the foundations of the value system, I alter the value until it is properly aligned. If the reason makes sense and retains an internal consistency with the rest of the value system, I figure out why I am feeling inappropriately. When I discover the core of the error, I can work to change the spiritual flaw in order to change the emotion. I continue focusing on appropriate attitudes until the actual emotion aligns with the value system again.
    Remember, try not to confuse Introverted Feeling with just "being sensitive". It's about having values and remaining congruent with them, or feeling them to be challenged by others or circumstance.
    Hello

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Based on your posts, you've always struck me very ISFP
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Thank you, Vagrant Farce. This gives me a completely different perspective on Ti vs. Fi. These descriptions are a great help to me in understanding each of these functions and how I can apply them to my own personality. (more below)

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    This is one of those nasty situations where I think you're the only who can decide, so I think the best I can do is point you at the best descriptions of particular functions. Which one you do identify with more?

Hmmm... they're pretty close. I'm going to brainstorm a little and come up with an answer at the bottom.

Try not to confuse Introverted Thinking with "being smart", it's more about being able to identify logical coherence. It manifests in behaviour like wanting to clarify something that someone else has said, even if it seems kinda anal to do so.

This really is a different way for me to see introverted thinking. Until fairly recently, I was sure that I was very T-challenged. Now, well, I don't believe that to be the case. To be sure, I see myself as more of a "creative" person, rather than a "smart" person. Reading the long theoretical discussions by NT types that I had to read two or three times before I could make sense out of them further persuaded me that I could not possibly have access to my T-functions at all. OK. So theoretical discussions isn't my favorite thing.
    The description of Ti mentions "wanting to find the right word to say something concisely..." for sure, that is me. And, yes, I do want to clarify something that someone else has said. It can annoy people and it does seem kind of anal.
    I like to do research. I spend a lot of time protesting issues, such as war and military aid to foreign countries. I will never protest anything until I have researched the issue thoroughly. I feel that, if I do not have any hope of winning a debate with someone who disagrees with me on an issue, then I am not ready to protest that issue. I want to look at all sides of the issue, to make sure that I understand it. If I discover that the position that I have taken doesn't make any sense, I can always change my position.
    I am very aware of logical inconsistencies. This is a trait that has made me a very good editor (currently unemployed, alas).

Remember, try not to confuse Introverted Feeling with just "being sensitive". It's about having values and remaining congruent with them, or feeling them to be challenged by others or circumstance.
    This, too, is an "eye-opener" for me. I am sensitive and I am very artistic. I do try to remain committed to my values... nonviolence... being kind to others... trying to be nonjudgmental... My values matter to me. But do I feel that my emotions are trustworthy? No, not always. Sometimes I over react and, at other times, I don't even know how to feel. And, other times, I don't even know if I'm having an emotional response or just a physiological response. I am very squeamish about violence. When I see the results of violence on the television news, I feel ill. But that is just a physiological response.
    Oh, one more thing about the news. I don't like it when newscasters make comments that I perceive as being opinion or being a value judgment. I want them to stick with the facts. When they don't, I am ready to start debating with them if they were only able to hear me!!!

So... back to Ti vs Fi... I'm just not sure although I am kind of leaning toward Ti, rather than Fi.

This is all very interesting because I had thought that the area of balance for me was E vs. I, not F vs. T. I'm going to adjust my settings to reflect isxp, instead of xsfp.

Let's fine tune this. More questions please.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Based on your posts, you've always struck me very ISFP