User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Who wants to type me?

I get quite confused about my type. I read the portrait of an INFP and think, "That's me!"

Except, a friend of mine informs me I'm "not soft enough" to be one.

And he may be right? I don't know. Decide for yourself:

-I like being alone, and I also find it difficult to connect with people. However, I like spending time with family and close friends.

-Morality is something very important for me. I'm always questioning things and changing my views on life. (by the way, I'm 17 years old, so . . . if that's relevant . . .)

-I like debating with my friends, but they don't seem to enjoy it as much.

-I love writing.

-I love fiction in many forms: literature, film, TV, whatever.

-Classes in school I like/liked: english, philosophy, geometry, and creative writing, psychology

-I like studying people, trying to understand them

-I'm really indecisive

Okay, I guess that's it for now.
    What are your thoughts?
    "Vous au moins, vous ne risquez pas d'être un légume, puisque même un artichaut a du cœur."
    -Amelie Poulain

MBTI
    I

INFP sounds possible. Have you tried one of them cognitive function tests?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I'd say reasonably sure of I, but there are examples of E who need time alone.

Yes, you're in the life stage where one transitions from what we perceived and experienced as a child to exploring and forming our own perceptions as young adults.

Not sure of S vs. N, and S might be more prone to favor mentioning geometry vs. algebra or trig as a subject that's enjoyed. S vs. N is usually the most difficult aspect to pin down.

As to F or T? Making choices based upon how one feels about something doesn't make one too soft. i.e. In the adult world a T might choose to relocate a place of business because there is clear data, that step needs to be taken for the profitability of the business.

An F would also consider the possible impact on people, but is more likely to fight for keeping the business in the current location even though they are aware of the same factors a T would base their decision on.

P or J? Well, P's surely like to leave their options open as you've said.

So seems maybe a focus on determining whether S or N, and T or F?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    INFP sounds possible. Have you tried one of them cognitive function tests?
    No, to be quite honest I never really understood all of the functions and stuff.

But, I took one of these tests, it said My most used functions are Ti, Ne, and Fi.
    It says it's indicative of INTP.

Hmm . . .
    "Vous au moins, vous ne risquez pas d'être un légume, puisque même un artichaut a du cœur."
    -Amelie Poulain

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Not sure of S vs. N, and S might be more prone to favor mentioning geometry vs. algebra or trig as a subject that's enjoyed. S vs. N is usually the most difficult aspect to pin down.
    I always felt fairly sure I'm an N, because I'm very impractical, and I'm always daydreaming. My SJ mom's number one complaint about me is that I'm not practical. Also, I don't like getting into details in things.

Also, I don't know how geometry would suggest preference of S, if you'd like to explain?
    -Amelie Poulain

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Annyong View Post
    I always felt fairly sure I'm an N, because I'm very impractical, and I'm always daydreaming. My SJ mom's number one complaint about me is that I'm not practical. Also, I don't like getting into details in things.

Also, I don't know how geometry would suggest preference of S, if you'd like to explain?
    Daydreaming isn't unique to N.

As to Geometry, it suggest S in that it's very concrete "practical' and descriptive of the
    physical realm. Where x = Fx is more theoretical and a bit more N.

I used to think I was N, almost always tested N...but discovered the test are
    not always good measures.

MBTI
    CAT

INFPs don't have to be 'soft' at all. Softness, or absence of it, is really not a good indicator of type

Personally, I don't see anything in your description that woud contradict the INFP.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Step 1- Identify Temperament (look at NF first) 4temperaments.com -- Understanding Temperament Theory
    Step 2- Find interaction style Understanding Berens' Interaction Styles (for INFP it's behind the scenes)
    Step 3- Read profiles INFP

I didn't see anything that implied S nor N. I'm leaning towards N, but definitely I_FP. It's easy to distinguish between ISFP and INFP though, the Artisan and Idealist temperaments are very different.

Once you know temperament and interaction style then you know your type.

Going with the assumption that you're NF-

ENFJ = Idealist + In charge
    ENFP = Idealist + Get things going
    INFP = Idealist + Behind the scenes
    INFJ = Idealist + Chart the course
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

As it happens your age is important. 17 is a good age to try and type someone, before the tertiary and auxilary functions kick in and start confusing everything.

All the moralising and lack of ability to conect to people suggests Fi. Impracticality/indecisiveness makes me think Fi is dominant over Te, so Fi must be either dominant or auxilary. I'll says its primary for the moment, as that seems to fit with the picture of yourself as a quiet person.

If so, the auxilary function must be either Se or Ne. Would you say that you learn quickest when what you are studying is something you can physically do, or do you pick up "book learning" faster?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    If so, the auxilary function must be either Se or Ne. Would you say that you learn quickest when what you are studying is something you can physically do, or do you pick up "book learning" faster?

I do well with book learning.
    I never really liked doing the "hands-on" stuff.
    -Amelie Poulain