User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    xxxx

I'm not going to take advantage of the video option simply because I don't want my face on the internet.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I'm not going to take advantage of the video option simply because I don't want my face on the internet.
    lol. you sort of remind me of zergling. maybe it's your voice. he struck me as an istp. to be fair i haven't had a lot of interaction with you so i'm not sure what type you are.

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Why did you think you were ISTJ?
    The first online MBTI test I ever took yielded ISFJ. After reviewing what that meant, I felt a revision to ISTJ was in order. ISTJ didn't feel like an exact fit, but it seemed plausible. I felt and still do feel that I have some traits that might indicate an Si-dom: Great memory, general awareness of surroundings, (combined, those two creating an ability to notice subtle change) and a general attention to details. I've had a psychologist state that I'm afraid of change; however, I attribute that observation to my annoyance when others (usually, parents or anyone that feels to be an authority figure) change what I have explicitly set.

I don't deny having a healthy dose of Si, but the ISTJ hypothesis fell apart by my general inability to relate to most of the Te descriptions.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ISFJ

The first online MBTI test I ever took yielded ISFJ. After reviewing what that meant, I felt a revision to ISTJ was in order. ISTJ didn't feel like an exact fit, but it seemed plausible. I felt and still do feel that I have some traits that might indicate an Si-dom: Great memory, general awareness of surroundings, (combined, those two creating an ability to notice subtle change) and a general attention to details. I've had a psychologist state that I'm afraid of change; however, I attribute that observation to my annoyance when others (usually, parents or anyone that feels to be an authority figure) change what I have explicitly set.

I don't deny having a healthy dose of Si, but the ISTJ hypothesis fell apart by my general inability to relate to most of the Te descriptions.
    How about ISFJ then? You don't appreciate when others change what you've set in place? Golly gee that sounds awful familiar... sounds like Si getting pissed at others' lack of caring for Ti's logical consistency. This happens to me quite a bit. Have you evaluated the possibility of Fe?

Either way, you sound like you use lots of Ti and Si. So you could still be INTP, it just depends on which one takes higher preference (assuming this is valid).

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by incubustribute View Post
    How about ISFJ then? You don't appreciate when others change what you've set in place? Golly gee that sounds awful familiar... sounds like Si getting pissed at others' lack of caring for Ti's logical consistency. This happens to me quite a bit. Have you evaluated the possibility of Fe?

Either way, you sound like you use lots of Ti and Si. So you could still be INTP, it just depends on which one takes higher preference (assuming this is valid).
    I've considered ISFJ, but Si seems more subservient to Ti, appearing most when under stress, rather than vice versa.

I do.

And, my biggest reason is the evidence of your Ne. The "Ne" I see in you, seems like a mix of functions trying to achieve/emulate Ne. It doesn't give off a vibe of a pure Ne-stream.

I cannot explain it better, just that sometimes your mix of "Ti-Ne" emulating is kinda....off. Kinda...flat. And, not flat in the dry sense that I see in INTPs.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...09-post59.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/966725-post5.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...46-post28.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/958387-post7.html

I think you being an INTJ is more plausible than INTP. I just don't buy your brand of Ne, but, that could also be my bias of what I expect out of Ne. Which doesn't seem to square off with what I see in you.

0.02 cents

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I do.

And, my biggest reason is the evidence of your Ne.
    I do as well, except I don't see much Ne at all, and more what appears to be Te and Si.

I think a huge reason why you might believe you are INTP and others might as well is because there is this is belief that ISTJs are not able to discuss abstract topics or don't like to do such, and are not as intelligent. I work with many ISTJs who I'm sure if they were a part of this forum, people would say they are INTx because they are able to discuss abstract topics with ease. The main difference between them and the INTx is that the INTx makes many intuitive jumps while the ISTJs build their arguments up point by point. The INTx, especially the INTP, will tend to bring in loosely related points into the discussion, where the ISTJ will stay on topic. There is also a difference in Te vs. Ti type thinking in that Te is very clear cut whereas Ti is more sprawling, if you understand what I mean.

There's also the other reasons I and others have stated in your other type threads, if you'd like to look them over.

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I do as well, except I don't see much Ne at all, and more what appears to be Te and Si.

I think a huge reason why you might believe you are INTP and others might as well is because there is this is belief that ISTJs are not able to discuss abstract topics or don't like to do such, and are not as intelligent. I work with many ISTJs who I'm sure if they were a part of this forum, people would say they are INTx because they are able to discuss abstract topics with ease. The main difference between them and the INTx is that the INTx makes many intuitive jumps while the ISTJs build their arguments up point by point. The INTx, especially the INTP, will tend to bring in loosely related points into the discussion, where the ISTJ will stay on topic. There is also a difference in Te vs. Ti type thinking in that Te is very clear cut whereas Ti is more sprawling, if you understand what I mean.

There's also the other reasons I and others have stated in your other type threads, if you'd like to look them over.
    So then you main input here is that you perceive my arguments and/or posts to be built up point-by-point rather than utilizing a few intuitive leaps?

The problem with accepting your post as outlined above is that it makes the assumption it is trying to prove. Namely, it explains the phenomenon of me having INTx-like traits if I were an ISTJ. It's a valid deduction given the input, but it can't be used to justify said input. Your interpretation would be a consequence of me being ISTJ, not vice versa.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Have you fallen in the trap of N = intelligence, and intelligence = N?

Come to the dark side. You know you want to.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

So then you main input here is that you perceive my arguments and/or posts to be built up point-by-point rather than utilizing a few intuitive leaps?

The problem with accepting your post as outlined above is that it makes the assumption it is trying to prove. Namely, it explains the phenomenon of me having INTx-like traits if I were an ISTJ. It's a valid deduction given the input, but it can't be used to justify said input. Your interpretation would be a consequence of me being ISTJ, not vice versa.
    No, you missed her point. She's saying that the perceived INTx traits (on this board) are really stereotypes (they talk about concepts, theories well, while sensors possibly couldn't).......so whether it applies to you, or not, is inconsequential, and shouldn't be used as a measuring stick.

And, then she outlines something of yours that should be focused on...how you build the thoughts in your posts. (i.e., not what it's about)

The above post of yours was a desperate attempt to utilize Ti (prolly to give example of how 'well' your Ti is) but again...off.