User Tag List

View Poll Results: She ain't no damned ENTP! I think she's ...

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTJ

    0 0%
  • INTJ

    0 0%
  • INTP

    2 18.18%
  • ENFJ

    0 0%
  • INFJ

    1 9.09%
  • ENFP

    1 9.09%
  • INFP

    1 9.09%
  • ESTJ

    2 18.18%
  • ISTJ

    0 0%
  • ESFJ

    0 0%
  • ISFJ

    2 18.18%
  • ESTP

    0 0%
  • ISTP

    0 0%
  • ESFP

    0 0%
  • ISFP

    2 18.18%
First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 47

  1. #21
    That chalkboard guy Matthew_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    You have a number of "what is my type" threads. What seems to be a NFP trait.
    I have an average rate of creating "What's my type?" threads at 1 per month. T is my strongest preference. I don't think it's out of the question to be an NTP trait as well.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

  2. #22
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    That's not true. I know what my type is. I just wanted to complain about this in public.


    While you're here, if I'm not an ENTP (I am), what am I? There's a poll up there for your convenience.
    There are two ENTPs in this forum who are very different from other ENTPs:
    You and Jenocyde.

    Ask yourself why. I already know why.
    If I announce it in public, all hell will break loose.
    (Take my post as a compliment.)

  3. #23
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Interesting. My Te is bordering on 0%, but tell me more.
    Don't you think that I at least deserve a comment for what I wrote ?

  4. #24
    Charting a course
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,638

    Default

    TeH IntArW3b is mostly built on pointless crap.

    Watching others argue about pointless crap, is just for my own amusement.

    Please continue arguing.

  5. #25
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Listen to Biax.

    The problem is that there's rarely anything good on. Almost always reruns.

  6. #26
    Charting a course
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Listen to Biax.

    The problem is that there's rarely anything good on. Almost always reruns.

    And there ain't many shows that I like enough to continue to watch the re-runs over and over...

    Let's make the internet better...add more pR0n.



  7. #27
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    I know some of those kind of NT's IRL. A lot of them are stuck at home with nothing to do and nowhere to go, maybe they are unemployed and have no prospects like so many millions of people under this system, or often they have autistic tendencies and very poor social skills.

    also other NT's who don't match that description do this internet arguing thing when temporarily stuck at home for a period etc (I have to admit then when I've had long holidays and I am back at home I do this sometimes because there is no other outlet for my Ti/Ne it's not like my family or school firends offer much of one).

    Put yourself in the position of someone whose best strength is logic but has no outlet for this in their day to day life.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  8. #28
    triple nerd score poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Blah, my impression is that you're an ENTP with a thoroughly developed Fe and a rich, interesting life

    I voted ISFJ though.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

  9. #29
    Senior Member BlahBlahNounBlah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Actually I would like to say ENTP like the others but something is simply "wrong" about that claim.



    If I am not mistaken there was a thread where ENFP posted their function strenght results. And most of them sucked at Te completly.

    You seem to be more polite than other ENTPs.

    You have a number of "what is my type" threads. What seems to be a NFP trait.

    You seem to be highly artistic person.

    You don't argue that much with other NTs. (or any one else)

    You said that you wouldn't throw anyone of the cliff in both "cliff games"



    You said



    and



    and



    and



    and



    and



    and



    recently.
    (I could get more examples but I think that this is enough)


    My point is not in the fact that this happens but how often it happens.
    Maybe I am getting it all wrong but ....... (i think you get the point)


    I mean just because you are F that does not mean that you are hardcore F.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Don't you think that I at least deserve a comment for what I wrote ?

    Sorry.


    Isn't most of this just an enneagram issue? I have a lot of anxiety just under the surface, and that probably has a lot to do with my inclination to empathize (as limited as that ability is). Many times, when I have an argumentative response to offer, I ask myself: What is the point of saying this? If I can't find one, I ask myself: Will I be entertained by saying it? If I will, I say it anyway.

    But if I can logically conflict someone's point of view and that results in nothing created ... no progress ... then it doesn't make sense to bother. The only reason I'd care to do this would be to learn something that I can't learn through observation. I like discussing points of view ... it's one of my favorite things to do, but "discuss" implies that everyone is calm. If I'm calm and the other person isn't, it's now an argument because the other person has stopped listening and the whole issue is now buried under an irrelevant pile of crap.

    For me, the effort of arguing online isn't worth the minor potential benefit. I could go practice something or dance or read a book or talk to someone about some cool idea and feel that at least something came out of how I spent my time.

    But I think tcda made a good point about some people's reasons for enjoying it (and my thread title was half-jest anyway), so that's been added to my knowledge base about why people do the things they do.


    But getting back to the your argument that I could be an F ... maybe I'm a weak one? I don't honestly know. I can identify with the ENFPs on this site up to a point and then there's a but I feel the same way about the other types (including ENTP) I could be theorized to be.

    Sometimes I think it's possible I could be an INFP, but I'd have to be one who's unusually heavy on logic. And I asked someone who knows me in real life if the description sounded like me, and he burst out laughing immediately, so that's unlikely. He also said INTP didn't sound right. But he said I remind him of someone (I can't remember who) that the people here have typed as an INTP, and when I saw a clip of the guy there was an immediate recognition. He seemed less random than me though. And less cheerful.

    People who know me have guessed me to be: ENTP, ENFP, ENTJ, ENFJ, INTP, INTJ, and INFJ. No one has ever suggested INFP or any of the S types.


    On the tests, I score consistently as an ENTP (though I've gotten ENFP a couple times), but I've never taken an official one.
    I have a vagina.


    ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

  10. #30
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    People who know me have guessed me to be: ENTP, ENFP, ENTJ, ENFJ, INTP, INTJ, and INFJ. No one has ever suggested INFP or any of the S types.
    The type that we list/claim to be, along with the alternative types we think we may be tend to influence people's view of what we might be, generally the only time people will suggest something as different as INFP for someone who has claimed to be ENTP would be if they felt they couldn't understand them or it was very clear they had no idea what they were talking about.

    Often time if someone has never claimed to be a S, and they make sense to others, others will not suggest a sensor type, there is a strong intuitive bias in that regard.

    Basically, if you're liked, what you claim to be will influence many others to agree.

    You have questioned ENTP more than enough times to suggest there's something major not adding up for you though.

Similar Threads

  1. Type yourself based on the internet stereotypes and see how laughable it is.
    By Kensei in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-18-2015, 10:13 AM
  2. Anyone complained about a shortage of intps on the internet?
    By CollisionCourse? in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 09:10 AM
  3. What if Ns weren't allowed on the internet?
    By 527468 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 11:53 PM
  4. minors on the internet
    By labyrinthine in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 09:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO