• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Seeing NTs argue about pointless crap on the internet makes me question my type.

She ain't no damned ENTP! I think she's ...

• Total voters

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
You have a number of "what is my type" threads. What seems to be a NFP trait.

I have an average rate of creating "What's my type?" threads at 1 per month. T is my strongest preference. I don't think it's out of the question to be an NTP trait as well.

Jaguar

That's not true. I know what my type is. I just wanted to complain about this in public.

While you're here, if I'm not an ENTP (I am), what am I? There's a poll up there for your convenience.

There are two ENTPs in this forum who are very different from other ENTPs:
You and Jenocyde.

Ask yourself why. I already know why.
If I announce it in public, all hell will break loose. :D
(Take my post as a compliment.)

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
TeH IntArW3b is mostly built on pointless crap.

Watching others argue about pointless crap, is just for my own amusement.

Please continue arguing. :popc1:

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Listen to Biax.

The problem is that there's rarely anything good on. Almost always reruns.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Listen to Biax.

The problem is that there's rarely anything good on. Almost always reruns.

And there ain't many shows that I like enough to continue to watch the re-runs over and over...

Let's make the internet better...add more pR0n.

:coffee:

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I know some of those kind of NT's IRL. A lot of them are stuck at home with nothing to do and nowhere to go, maybe they are unemployed and have no prospects like so many millions of people under this system, or often they have autistic tendencies and very poor social skills.

also other NT's who don't match that description do this internet arguing thing when temporarily stuck at home for a period etc (I have to admit then when I've had long holidays and I am back at home I do this sometimes because there is no other outlet for my Ti/Ne it's not like my family or school firends offer much of one).

Put yourself in the position of someone whose best strength is logic but has no outlet for this in their day to day life.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Blah, my impression is that you're an ENTP with a thoroughly developed Fe and a rich, interesting life :wubbie:

I voted ISFJ though.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Actually I would like to say ENTP like the others but something is simply "wrong" about that claim.

If I am not mistaken there was a thread where ENFP posted their function strenght results. And most of them sucked at Te completly.

You seem to be more polite than other ENTPs.

You have a number of "what is my type" threads. What seems to be a NFP trait.

You seem to be highly artistic person.

You don't argue that much with other NTs. (or any one else)

You said that you wouldn't throw anyone of the cliff in both "cliff games"

You said

and

and

and

and

and

and

recently.
(I could get more examples but I think that this is enough)

My point is not in the fact that this happens but how often it happens.
Maybe I am getting it all wrong but ....... (i think you get the point)

I mean just because you are F that does not mean that you are hardcore F.

Don't you think that I at least deserve a comment for what I wrote ?

Sorry.

Isn't most of this just an enneagram issue? I have a lot of anxiety just under the surface, and that probably has a lot to do with my inclination to empathize (as limited as that ability is). Many times, when I have an argumentative response to offer, I ask myself: What is the point of saying this? If I can't find one, I ask myself: Will I be entertained by saying it? If I will, I say it anyway. :banana:

But if I can logically conflict someone's point of view and that results in nothing created ... no progress ... then it doesn't make sense to bother. The only reason I'd care to do this would be to learn something that I can't learn through observation. I like discussing points of view ... it's one of my favorite things to do, but "discuss" implies that everyone is calm. If I'm calm and the other person isn't, it's now an argument because the other person has stopped listening and the whole issue is now buried under an irrelevant pile of crap.

For me, the effort of arguing online isn't worth the minor potential benefit. I could go practice something or dance or read a book or talk to someone about some cool idea and feel that at least something came out of how I spent my time.

But I think tcda made a good point about some people's reasons for enjoying it (and my thread title was half-jest anyway), so that's been added to my knowledge base about why people do the things they do.

But getting back to the your argument that I could be an F ... maybe I'm a weak one? I don't honestly know. I can identify with the ENFPs on this site up to a point and then there's a :shock: but I feel the same way about the other types (including ENTP) I could be theorized to be.

Sometimes I think it's possible I could be an INFP, but I'd have to be one who's unusually heavy on logic. And I asked someone who knows me in real life if the description sounded like me, and he burst out laughing immediately, so that's unlikely. He also said INTP didn't sound right. But he said I remind him of someone (I can't remember who) that the people here have typed as an INTP, and when I saw a clip of the guy there was an immediate recognition. He seemed less random than me though. And less cheerful.

People who know me have guessed me to be: ENTP, ENFP, ENTJ, ENFJ, INTP, INTJ, and INFJ. No one has ever suggested INFP or any of the S types.

On the tests, I score consistently as an ENTP (though I've gotten ENFP a couple times), but I've never taken an official one.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
People who know me have guessed me to be: ENTP, ENFP, ENTJ, ENFJ, INTP, INTJ, and INFJ. No one has ever suggested INFP or any of the S types.

The type that we list/claim to be, along with the alternative types we think we may be tend to influence people's view of what we might be, generally the only time people will suggest something as different as INFP for someone who has claimed to be ENTP would be if they felt they couldn't understand them or it was very clear they had no idea what they were talking about.

Often time if someone has never claimed to be a S, and they make sense to others, others will not suggest a sensor type, there is a strong intuitive bias in that regard.

Basically, if you're liked, what you claim to be will influence many others to agree.

You have questioned ENTP more than enough times to suggest there's something major not adding up for you though.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
The biggest issue is that the ENTP descriptions sound exactly like me EXCEPT for the part about arguing. If someone could delete that sentence from every ENTP profile in existence, I would be described perfectly.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're arguing right now...

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
nitpicking too, that's not a good sign, I might have to diagnose you with something that's not on the board...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You can't spell "nitpick" without "INTP." ;)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's not true. I know what my type is. I just wanted to complain about this in public.

While you're here, if I'm not an ENTP (I am), what am I? There's a poll up there for your convenience.

:coffee:

Sorry for not noticing this topic earlier, but really, you want to distantiate yourself from NT's talking about pointless crap by making a thread to discusss pointless crap? You do realize the futility in your undergoing, do you? :smile:

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Sorry for not noticing this topic earlier, but really, you want to distantiate yourself from NT's talking about pointless crap by making a thread to discusss pointless crap? You do realize the futility in your undergoing, do you? :smile:

I think I have to. :happy:

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Okay ... I do need other people to be energized. Without them around, I feel tired.

I use Ne a LOT.

The function tests say that I have Ne, then Ti, then Fi, then Se, but that could indicate a weakness in the test's phrasing or in the accuracy of my answers / strength of my own self perception.

There are discrepancies, as indicated by the INTJ.

Somehow Trinity, Jenocyde, and I have been eyeballed for not matching the group.

I do like to be specific in my wording when I can.

I use Ne more than any other function.

:doh:

Screw it. New type: THE RADNESS. It has more letters than the others, so it's better. Because things that are more are better.

:)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay ... I do need other people to be energized. Without them around, I feel tired.

I use Ne a LOT

The function tests say that I have Ne, then Ti, then Fi, then Se, but that could indicate a weakness in the test's phrasing or in the accuracy of my answers / strength of my own self perception.

There are discrepancies, as indicated by the INTJ.

Somehow Trinity, Jenocyde, and I have been eyeballed for not matching the group.

I do like to be specific in my wording when I can.

I use Ne more than any other function.

:doh:

Screw it. New type: THE RADNESS. It has more letters than the others, so it's better. Because things that are more are better.

:)

I can think of a million moments when more is not better. Thankfully for you, I am too lazy to make a list and covering you in even more pointless crap. :D

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I can think of a million moments when more is not better. Thankfully for you, I am too lazy to make a list and covering you in even more pointless crap. :D

Nope. More is always better. :)

*watching fluffywolf squirm*