• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ/INTJ Flipflopping....

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One thing that tends to bother me a bit is that some days I score INFJ on a Myer's Briggs Temperament indicator, then another day, I score INTJ. I trust my brains and logic more in making decisions, but I am quite emotionally sensitive. I have kind of cynical views towards society, which would place me on the Thinker side of the fence. Despite this, I'm warm towards others. I tend to put schoolwork before socializing. I'm a science nerd, and enjoy science fiction. I have a knack for technology. Despite this, I can also be an old-fashioned romantic and have exalting moments of reverie while listening to music I enjoy.

Seriously, what the heck am I? Some weird INFJ/INTJ hybrid?

-Krissy-

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Do you easily *empathize* with others, or do you just like to be on good terms with people? Do emotional people sometimes baffle you?

My guess, based solely on avatar and screenname is that you're just a very analytical INFJ, perhaps. We're easily the most "T" of the Fs.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To be honest, I'm currently doubting whether I'm INFP, INTP or INxP ...

The reason why I've posted: I'm especially curious how 'x' types are integrated into the framework of Jungian functions.

The whole enneagram thing is also quite popular around here, so maybe you should give it a try. Its profile descriptions can be strangely accurate sometimes.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You could be an INFJ with strong tertiary Ti, or an INTJ with strong tertiary Fi. That's what's probably going on here.

I'm going to guess that you're probably INFJ, though.

However, you should study the difference between Ti and Te to determine which kind of thinking more strongly applies to you.

Fecal McAngry

One thing that tends to bother me a bit is that some days I score INFJ on a Myer's Briggs Temperament indicator, then another day, I score INTJ. I trust my brains and logic more in making decisions, but I am quite emotionally sensitive. I have kind of cynical views towards society, which would place me on the Thinker side of the fence. Despite this, I'm warm towards others. I tend to put schoolwork before socializing. I'm a science nerd, and enjoy science fiction. I have a knack for technology. Despite this, I can also be an old-fashioned romantic and have exalting moments of reverie while listening to music I enjoy.

Seriously, what the heck am I? Some weird INFJ/INTJ hybrid?

-Krissy-
If Krissy = female, you're an INTJ. Te rule of thumb = when T/F is is doubt, the answer is the letter which contradicts cultural indoctrination:banana2:

Seriously--you sound INTJ to me. INTJs are often sensitive and extremely vulnerable though Gawd forbid others see this on the inside and benevolent (if not emotionally demonstrative) towards others.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for clearing that up :)

Yeah sorry for the bluntness there, but X types can't really exist. :p Most of the time when people think that they're using functions out of their function order proficiently, it's just the manifestation of two functions working together. Or just a shadow function thing.

But point being. If you were INXP that would mean that your default response to things would be both Fi and Ti... like. Those would be your lifestyles. And that just can't happen.

Functions can be "strong" in a sense that you can use the ones outside of your function order, but the way you naturally respond to situations etc will be within the default one.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you easily *empathize* with others, or do you just like to be on good terms with people? Do emotional people sometimes baffle you?

My guess, based solely on avatar and screenname is that you're just a very analytical INFJ, perhaps. We're easily the most "T" of the Fs.

I empathize with people pretty well and like to be on good terms with them. Despite this, people that are gushingly emotional tend to baffle me. I've dated guys that were much more emotional than I am, and I'd be wondering why they were acting so gushingly emotional so quickly in the relationship! It did not make sense to me because it was early in the relationship. I like to keep things balanced.

I can be very analytical, to a fault even. I analyze practically everything. Goes with being inquisitive and curious about the world around me.

I have read though that INFJs are hard to peg in a particular career, but they say that some INFJs latch onto science because of the dominant iNtuition function (gives them the ability to understand abstract theories).

-Krissy-

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If Krissy = female, you're an INTJ. Te rule of thumb = when T/F is is doubt, the answer is the letter which contradicts cultural indoctrination:banana2:

Seriously--you sound INTJ to me. INTJs are often sensitive and extremely vulnerable though Gawd forbid others see this on the inside and benevolent (if not emotionally demonstrative) towards others.

Can it be possible though for an INTJ female to still like some girly things though? I'm confused.

-Krissy-

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can it be possible though for an INTJ female to still like some girly things though? I'm confused.

-Krissy-

Did you read my post with the profiles in it?

Also why is a 4 letter type code going to stop someone from being girly?

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What makes an INFJ more "T" than an ENFP, in your opinion?

I think it has something to do with the introverted intuition, more than the thinking/feeling function, actually.

-Krissy-

Fecal McAngry

-Krissy-
Oh absolutely. One of my closest friends is a female INTJ who is into ballet, Pilates, fashion (and she dresses exceptionally well in a zany, eclectic INTJ way), manicures, etc.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I relate to quite a lot of what you've written, fwiw.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did you read my post with the profiles in it?

Also why is a 4 letter type code going to stop someone from being girly?

I was confused after reading the Kiersey description of NT females tend to do things that tend to go against the gender stereotype. The description really was a broad sweep, I think. Doesn't make sense, some NT females can like feminine stuff too.

You're right, a 4 letter type shows what you use predominantly, not your gender identity.

-Krissy-

VagrantFarce

are you sure you're even an INJ? :) INJs have dominant Introverted Intuition (Ni), so see if you relate more to that or Extraverted Intuition (Ne).

Check out these two pairs of function descriptions and see which ones you relate to more. (I'm posting this from elsewhere)

• Ni says that the world is arbitrary and deceitful, and not representative of all the possible interpretations of itself. You have to liberate yourself from these arbitrary interpretations by considering all possible interpretations, or you will risk being led astray.
  • Se says that the world is filled with stimuli, and all you have to do is let yourself react to them. No need to think, just react. The meaning of a sign is what your gut tells you you should do in response. If it's not here or not now, it's not real.
  • Ne says that everything you come across is connected to a greater context, and all you have to do is let yourself make the connection between this object and another one. Through this act of discovery, we become aware of greater possibilities for meaning, knowledge or action.
  • Si says that the world is so overwhelmingly filled with stimuli that you need something stable to focus on or you'll just be permanently overwhelmed and confused.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah sorry for the bluntness there

No sweat, bitch :alttongue:

If you were INXP that would mean that your default response to things would be both Fi and Ti... like. Those would be your lifestyles. And that just can't happen.

It was exactly this inconsistency that bothered me. Good to be reassured :yes:

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
are you sure you're even an INJ? :) INJs have dominant Introverted Intuition (Ni), so see if you relate more to that or Extraverted Intuition (Ne).

Check out these two pairs of function descriptions and see which ones you relate to more. (I'm posting this from elsewhere)

• Ni says that the world is arbitrary and deceitful, and not representative of all the possible interpretations of itself. You have to liberate yourself from these arbitrary interpretations by considering all possible interpretations, or you will risk being led astray.
  • Se says that the world is filled with stimuli, and all you have to do is let yourself react to them. No need to think, just react. The meaning of a sign is what your gut tells you you should do in response. If it's not here or not now, it's not real.
  • Ne says that everything you come across is connected to a greater context, and all you have to do is let yourself make the connection between this object and another one. Through this act of discovery, we become aware of greater possibilities for meaning, knowledge or action.
  • Si says that the world is so overwhelmingly filled with stimuli that you need something stable to focus on or you'll just be permanently overwhelmed and confused.

Well, I took your 10 Second MBTI Test on your signature there, and got INTJ.

-Krissy-

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ

-Krissy-

Of course :) I'm an INTJ and I love fashion, have done a bit of modeling, and work as an independent distributor selling jewelry.