• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ/INTJ Flipflopping....

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of course :) I'm an INTJ and I love fashion, have done a bit of modeling, and work as an independent distributor selling jewelry.

Yeah, I'm a musician, enjoy art, and write poetry. It's weird, being on both ends of the spectrum, having the science half and the art half. I'm a much better musician than an artist though. Essentially music and science are very interconnected; both operate according to laws of mathematics, patterns, etc.

I had a moment where I realized that I was definitely an INTJ. I had to give a presentation for class, and we had a question and answer session at the end. Most of my peers wrote down on their critiques that my responses to their questions were blunt. I was explaining factual information, so there really wasn't that much emotion to add to it.

Sometimes I do find that whenever I'm explaining music or someone I care about, I tend to be much more emotional in my descriptions. Despite this, whenever I've written poetry or song lyrics, a lot of people have said it sounded intellectual. Someone in songwriting class once said that the words I used in my lyrics would confuse a 12 year old and they would have to use the dictionary to understand them! ;D

-Krissy-

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I'm a musician, enjoy art, and write poetry. It's weird, being on both ends of the spectrum, having the science half and the art half. I'm a much better musician than an artist though. Essentially music and science are very interconnected; both operate according to laws of mathematics, patterns, etc.

I had a moment where I realized that I was definitely an INTJ. I had to give a presentation for class, and we had a question and answer session at the end. Most of my peers wrote down on their critiques that my responses to their questions were blunt. I was explaining factual information, so there really wasn't that much emotion to add to it.

This definitely, probably means that you have Te and Fi as opposed to Fe. I am an ENFP, but my tertiary Te can be very blunt, especially in situations where I think there should be no need for bullshit. People complain about it sometimes - that I can be so sweet and nice and easy going, then have this other side that is a cast-iron bitch. Fe is better at smoothing things over.

Sometimes I do find that whenever I'm explaining music or someone I care about, I tend to be much more emotional in my descriptions. Despite this, whenever I've written poetry or song lyrics, a lot of people have said it sounded intellectual. Someone in songwriting class once said that the words I used in my lyrics would confuse a 12 year old and they would have to use the dictionary to understand them! ;D

-Krissy-

That last sentence seems indicative of Ni, not necessarily NT. But I am starting to agree you're probably an INTJ in touch with your tertiary Fi.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This definitely, probably means that you have Te and Fi as opposed to Fe. I am an ENFP, but my tertiary Te can be very blunt, especially in situations where I think there should be no need for bullshit. People complain about it sometimes - that I can be so sweet and nice and easy going, then have this other side that is a cast-iron bitch. Fe is better at smoothing things over.

Yeah, typically whenever I'm dealing with people in a non-stressed environment, I am very level-headed and rational. Once I am in a state of conflict with someone who is acting irrationally, I tend to blow up. Whenever I'm dealing with an INTJ, I handle the conflict as calmly and rationally as possible and both of us try to work something out. I can be very sweet and nice with people, but at the same time I tend to rationalize everything and like to dissect things such as music, science experiments, everyday things.

That last sentence seems indicative of Ni, not necessarily NT. But I am starting to agree you're probably an INTJ in touch with your tertiary Fi.

I think you're right. One thing I notice with true INFJs is that they are more in touch with spirituality. I'm not exactly the most spiritual person in the world, but I have a huge imagination and can be sentimental on the right moments. When I was younger, I used to be very emotionally expressive, a bit private about things. I cried easily. Now, I don't cry that easily anymore, it takes effort for me to shed tears, usually during weddings I cry, or when I'm PMSing, or really stressed. I remember dating a guy that got frustrated with me that I didn't tell him how I felt about things and it was difficult to tell if I was happy. I'm probably an INTJ in touch with my tertiary Fi, like you said.

-Krissy-

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most of my peers wrote down on their critiques that my responses to their questions were blunt.

This definitely, probably means that you have Te and Fi as opposed to Fe.

It doesn't definitely mean anything, really. Bluntness doesn't equal Fe deficiency. I'm as blunt as can be, yet an INFJ. I'm not purposely rude, but I will call a spade a spade. An INFJ can be very blunt, especially in situations that they think that being so would be beneficial, as in giving a critique.

I have no guess as to the OP's type as nothing said or done so far points strongly to either INTJ or INFJ.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It doesn't definitely mean anything, really. Bluntness doesn't equal Fe deficiency. I'm as blunt as can be, yet an INFJ. I'm not purposely rude, but I will call a spade a spade. An INFJ can be very blunt, especially in situations that they think that being so would be beneficial, as in giving a critique.

I have no guess as to the OP's type as nothing said or done so far points strongly to either INTJ or INFJ.

That's why I followed definitely with probably, so that should have been taken a bit more light-heartedly.

It has been my experience that people who have Fe as one of their main functions are not as direct, brutal, and blunt as I can be - in fact, I've gotten plenty of lectures on it, probably because I am a female and therefore expected to smile and be nice. :steam:

Aren't you a borderline INTJ, LA?

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Took several MBTI tests last night, and took one again this morning, I can conclude that I'm an INTJ. Not that surprises me much. :)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's why I followed definitely with probably, so that should have been taken a bit more light-heartedly.
Yes, I was confused about the "definitely... probably."

It has been my experience that people who have Fe as one of their main functions are not as direct, brutal, and blunt as I can be - in fact, I've gotten plenty of lectures on it, probably because I am a female and therefore expected to smile and be nice. :steam:
So have I, marmalade, so have I. Asking me not to be candid is asking me not to be me, it's just that inherent in my personality.

INFJ fit me completely from the get-go, but I came here and started reading about Fe and for a second I doubted my type. Then I realized there's nothing wrong with my typing, just something wrong with Fe descriptions and what people attribute to Fe. I do extravert my feeling, but do I use extraverted feeling as commonly thought of?... Not really.

Aren't you a borderline INTJ, LA?
No, F is my lowest preference but I don't use Te at all. When I read a desription of Te I thought "People think like that?" I'm much more Ti than Te.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh dear, here we go again with the T/F flipflopping, I take another test tonight, get INFJ. WTF is wrong here?

I'm so confused.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh dear, here we go again with the T/F flipflopping, I take another test tonight, get INFJ. WTF is wrong here?

I'm so confused.

Ok - the problem with this is functions.

INFJ = Ni/Fe/Ti/Se

INTJ = Ni/Te/Fi/Se

So I think the real puzzle here is whether or not you're using Fe or Fi, Te or Ti. It helps A LOT. I actually thought I was an INFJ at first until I learned more about functions.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok - the problem with this is functions.

INFJ = Ni/Fe/Ti/Se

INTJ = Ni/Te/Fi/Se

So I think the real puzzle here is whether or not you're using Fe or Fi, Te or Ti. It helps A LOT. I actually thought I was an INFJ at first until I learned more about functions.

I looked into poetry I've written in the past, and I can see what function is coming in full force. Definitely very strong in the Ni/Fe/Ti/Se.

Can conclude that I'm an INFJ... it just feels natural for me.

-Krissy-