User Tag List

123 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Default Little Linguist's Type Rant

Eh. Sorry.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Wow. You really rally hard against those who volunteered their opinions.

Glad I didn't participate in your "What Type am I?" thread.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I enjoyed watching your video clip. In reference to people "not knowing Jack Shit", I realized that would be a great username, just so that some people could.

The funny thing about people throwing out types for other people is that one person's mental conception of an ESTJ might be equivalent to another person's conception of an ENFJ or whatever. I've noticed that a great deal between the two types I've mostly considered for myself (INFJ or INFP). Some declaring one type for me while another the other can actually be in complete agreement if their definitions for the conflicting labels are the same. I found the only way I can type someone is if I know just a little about them. Knowing a great deal or nothing at all makes it almost impossible to put them into a category.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Dear LL,

Some people think you are an ESTJ/ENFJ/ENFP because you thought were too at various times. Their confusion is only to try to fit you into a profile you felt some affinity to. Trying to find pieces of you that corroborate their own opinions. Sort of a backwards validation: LL thinks she is ESTJ now, wow, what about her would fit that type?

You seem pretty frustrated and stressed. Sending you a big first off. It's OK you know, to not know, to feel unsure, to feel confusion around that too.

You already know what I think so no sense reiterating. But I will reiterate that I think you are a special person, so cut yourself some slack.

Love the ironing comment.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    The funny thing about people throwing out types for other people is that one person's mental conception of an ESTJ might be equivalent to another person's conception of an ENFJ or whatever. I've noticed that a great deal between the two types I've mostly considered for myself (INFJ or INFP). Some declaring one type for me while another the other can actually be in complete agreement if their definitions for the conflicting labels are the same. I found the only way I can type someone is if I know just a little about them. Knowing a great deal or nothing at all makes it almost impossible to put them into a category.
    Indeed.

As Type is a profoundly inexact science (without a universal metric to isolate and divide trait A from Type B), there's going to be a lot of wiggle room as it applies to eccentricity of evaluation.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

:yim_rolling_on_the_

I can not tell you how hard I laughed at 2:11-2:30.

But at the same time, I don't think this is fair to those who tried to help you. You're making assumptions about why they offered their opinion (trying to be "professional").

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Nooooo I didn't mean everyone. Some people gave very good explanations and stuff...I just mean the people who threw stuff out there and did not give a really good reason.

Just confused the hell out of me.

But I'm glad that some people helped me and gave me some really good reasons. Like I said "Thank you" so often to the people who really took me seriously.

I thought I made that clear....guess not. :-/
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Phantonym

"I can tell your type from like...five miles away!". This is excellent quote-worthy material for any MBTI/Socionics/Jack Shit professional.

Typing somebody totally depends on how that person presents themselves, what kind of details the other person observing him/her picks up and how all of that gets churned in the brain tunnels. There is no certainty in typing, never has, never will and there's nothing anybody can do about it. No matter how good anybody is at explaining things or offering reasons. Blame the brain.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

So, where's the rant?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    So, where's the rant?
    It's a sort of trick thread I guess.
    Everybody pretends that there is a video that they are discussing.

Btw. I loved the random dog flying by at 3:26 when he was chasing that old lady. Made my day!
    When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Video Challenge Question Video
    Race: Werepire
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    7w8 sx>so>sp
    Give me an E! E
    Give me a N! N
    Give me a T! T
    Give me a P! P
    What's that? Yeah right, that's me!

Always expect the unexpected! - Terry Pratchett