• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Little Linguist's Type Rant

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
complaining about what? LL already at least 5 times offended all the people who tried to help her and didn't choose words. It has not much to do with me, so STFU

EX from INTPcentral
I'm sorry but you're complaining about someone else who can't make up her mind about her type. Why do you complain, honestly? You said it hasn't anything to do with you so why even bother posting your complaints. Just ignore the thread. And if you must complain you could have been a bit more mature about it without looking like a constipated cat trying to get all her shit out.

Chloe

I'm sorry but you're complaining about someone else who can't make up her mind about her type. Why do you complain, honestly? You said it hasn't anything to do with you so why even bother posting your complaints. Just ignore the thread. And if you must complain you could have been a bit more mature about it without looking like a constipated cat trying to get all her shit out.

WELL i witholded like some other people for a long so I just decided to tell it how it is. I am NOT complaining about how she can't decide her type, I am complaining how she shits on other people who tried to help her saying they know !"jack shit about type" and are dumbasses and whatnot, while at the same time she's also confused about her type and it's normal other people are too.

P.S. You're obsessed with cats or what?

p.s.2 after my first post in this thread i had all the intention to keep ignoring it.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
WELL i witholded like some other people for a long so I just decided to tell it how it is. I am NOT complaining about how she can't decide her type, I am complaining how she shits on other people who tried to help her saying they know !"jack shit about type" and are dumbasses and whatnot, while at the same time she's also confused about her type and it's normal other people are too.

P.S. You're obsessed with cats or what?
Aah so you were a constipated cat trying to get all her shit out... No worries, I understand the feeling. You may be right but as I said before, you could have complained in a much more compelling manner that would make you seem more... wise. Not saying you aren't though. I don't know you well enough to judge.

Also, my cat signature has nothing to do with the thought process I went through so you don't have to take it as me having an obsession with cats.

R

Riva

Aah so you were a constipated cat trying to get all her shit out... No worries, I understand the feeling. You may be right but as I said before, you could have complained in a much more compelling manner that would make you seem more... wise. Not saying you aren't though. I don't know you well enough to judge.

Also, my cat signature has nothing to do with the thought process I went through so you don't have to take it as me having an obsession with cats.

off topic (but can't help it)

Chloee, whatever you say right now don't say kiss my ass no matter how tempting it is.

Chloe

I could keep witholding, so I dont think comparisson to constipated cat is so good because I am not at the point where I couldnt withold, I just decided to say as it is, and I think i didnt say something so huge. I even used BEEEEP *polite to the max* :D Anyway, I dont see a need for tact or more sugary approach, especially because I dont know is there any goal I could achieve here besides telling what i think. Also, dont think this observation requires much wisdom!

Nuff about cats and me!

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Alright well, good luck to you then. ;)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, once again....

First, I'm not complaining about people who genuinely help me with my type. Those who ask questions, and give me detailed reasons for their answers. People who really help me. These people bring me further, and I have really thanked them in the open and in person for their efforts and help. These have included, among others, BrainandHeart, SolitaryWalker, Ygolo, Jeffster, Wonkavision, VagrantFarce, Amargith, INTJMom, and a dozen others who have actually sat down, talked to me, and know me as well as anyone can know me on an anonymous medium such as the Internet. Or people who have asked me several questions and have actually worked together with me.

The thing that pisses me off are two things:

a) People who just throw something out there with no background or reason. These include people who just acted like they had a cactus up their butts and threw ESTJ at me for no apparent reason except that they noticed certain undesirable traits in my character. AND YES, I'm human and have UNDESIRABLE traits like anyone else does.

b) This whole system seems to be contrived in a way that is confusing and makes no sense for me. As soon as I seem to be on the right path - BOOM it's wrong. Therefore my rant about how, "Maybe these people are full of shit and they don't know jack shit about what they are talking about." That was not addressed towards any random members, but the people who designed the system in general.

Secondly, I think it is important for you to know that when I get frustrated, I often speak in sweeping generalities that is not addressed to the people here or any others. This comment about how, "At first, when I posted crazy blogs, everyone was so sure I was an ENFP; now that I post differently, I hear ESTJ, ISTJ, INFJ, ENFJ, etc." was not an attack on the people who said it, but an attack on the system itself. Meaning, the system obviously provides too much maneuvering room for people to make an accurate assessment!

If I had a problem with the people, I would have said, "X is a bitch because she said this." or "Y is an asshole because he said that." or "Z drives me nuts because he keeps changing his mind."

Did I say that? NO! Because it wasn't SUPPOSED TO BE PERSONAL. It was a general critique and an expression of my extreme frustration during this whole search.

Because I realized that my general intent was not accepted and/or understood, I simply removed it. Perhaps I did not express myself properly enough, and on objective viewing, saw how it could possibly be misconstrued. Therefore, when I have developed an argument suitable for posting (rather than in the heat of the moment, so to speak) I will post it. Then you can see what I really wanted to say.

I AM GRATEFUL FOR ALL THE HELP (GENUINE HELP) I received. I think I said that several times. How many more times do I have to say it and express it for you to accept it???? I am simply expressing my frustration over a seemingly unending, unproductive, and completely tail-chasing search DESPITE all the wonderful help people have given me, leading me to believe that the people who developed the system, "don't know jack shit." But I really don't know. I need to think about it more.

NOW, hopefully, you understand me. (Finally)

P.S. If it had been intended as personal, I would have called it "TypoC Member Rant" or "All the stupid idiots who thought they were TRYING to help me rant". I didn't call it that. I called it "Little Linguist's Type Rant" for a reason, namely, that *I* am frustrated about *MY* type.

Last edited:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How obnoxious.

This whole post along with the rest in your endless stream of pissy ranting reeks of inferior Fi's childish indignation at people trying to type you without really "knowing you" (despite your own repeated requests for this analysis???) and dominant Te's implicit irritation at the lack of precisely quantifiable type definitions and how inefficiently the whole of the forum has been in serving your ends.

By the way, being ENFJ does mean that you don't use Ne. And you're still an ESTJ. Come to think of it, you're so dependent on external validation (you spent what, 50 pages of posts looking for outside opinions on yourself, and then got pissy when the result came back inconclusive?) that I think you're the Te+Ne brand of ESTJ, with a poorly developed secondary Si. This would explain the Ne indecision everyone has been seeing, and also the controlling, results-oriented whining. It also explains why you seem to straddle several different types within the Te/Si/Ne/Fi group: You don't quite fit any of those molds because you're an unbalanced personality leading with two extroverted functions.

None but the most childish ENFJs would request help and then mouth off in intentionally demeaning and obnoxious ways simply because people's well-intentioned help didn't work for them. And yes, it's plainly obvious from this sort of behavior that Fe isn't your strong point (imho, is not one of your functions at all.) You clearly don't have enough background on this topic to even competently determine your own type, so perhaps it'd be wise to cut the bullshit about calling everyone "dumbasses" because you've been too dense to come to a solid conclusion. Don't project your incompetence on us. (Of course, to Te+Ne, it's always everyone else's fault--no introverted function by which to define the self.)

Your frustration (and later outright rudeness) with the inability of the forum to come to a definitive conclusion about your type screams dominant Te+very childish inferior Fi taking this perceived "failure on everyone else's part" way, way too personally. This is precisely how pissed off ESTJs behave when they can't figure out how to get things organized--they get obnoxiously overbearing and blame it all on everyone else's perceived failures. Problem is, it's very hard for Te to get things organized when Si isn't doing its job. Ne just gets in the way and conflicts with too many of Te's directives, all the while leaving you with no internal sense of self and a heavy dose of overdependence on what everybody else thinks about you.

But don't believe me; I'm a dumbass.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're quite right that this is Fi in distress coz it's trying to figure out who she is and she's using Te to let off steam. But that doesn't make her ESTJ. Unless you wanna call me ESTJ too.

And you may not appreciate the way she goes about it, but it's a forum, so ignore the threads if you don't enjoy it. She's appologized and explained herself enough, imo. LL, here's a tip for ya, try ranting to someone you know won't take it badly. Doing so in public always gets you bitten in the ass, ime. But do rant. You need it :hug:

Just don't get stuck in a loop. Rant, and self-reflect. It'll get you the answers you seek.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're quite right that this is Fi in distress coz it's trying to figure out who she is and she's using Te to let off steam. But that doesn't make her ESTJ. Unless you wanna call me ESTJ too.

And you may not appreciate the way she goes about it, but it's a forum, so ignore the threads if you don't enjoy it. She's appologized and explained herself enough, imo. LL, here's a tip for ya, try ranting to someone you know won't take it badly. Doing so in public always gets you bitten in the ass, ime. But do rant. You need it :hug:

No, the other dynamics explained in my post make her ESTJ. She's Te+Ne; it explains the overcompensating dominance/frustration with inefficiency as well as the constant attempt to change and reevaluate her type. She is very conflicted because Te demands completed results while Ne pulls her toward redefinition and change.

Compounding matters is her lack of a solid introverted function. As a Te+Ne ESTJ, she lacks solid self-understanding that would come from Si and thus her self-image is grossly overdependent upon the approval of others.

Just don't get stuck in a loop. Rant, and self-reflect. It'll get you the answers you seek.

She doesn't know how to self-reflect. That's the problem--she's stuck in an extroverted loop and depends entirely on external validation. Why do you think she's spent 50+ pages seeking opinions from others about her? She doesn't know how to build a self-image for herself without an introverted function.

Te: I must choose a category for myself! Anything less would indecisive and unquantified, which is unacceptable.

Ne: But what if the chosen category doesn't have a broad enough context to fully explain? I'd better ask for more opinions from others!

And so on and so forth until doomsday...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I recognize myself in her, not so long ago. And I'd say her ranting and using Te to do so is indicative of the tertiary relief function. The style is Ne-dom, I'd say. Stream of consciousness. I'm of the opinion that LL is an ENFP who's been raised to achieve, and has tried to comply, as ENFPs like pleasing people. She's quite good at it too, as she's got a good developped Te. But it left her Fi behind a bit. She's catching up, as we speak. Let her :)

Edit: Fi gets its info from Ne..she's gathering information by getting other people's perspectives as Fi feels too closely involved to be able to make a judgement call. When overloaded, Te steps in to protect and dismiss everything as irrelevant to get rid of the head ache she's experiencing. That too is typical for NFPs, ime.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I recognize myself in her, not so long ago. And I'd say her ranting and using Te to do so is indicative of the tertiary relief function. The style is Ne-dom, I'd say. Stream of consciousness. I'm of the opinion that LL is an ENFP who's been raised to achieve, and has tried to comply, as ENFPs like pleasing people. She's quite good at it too, as she's got a good developped Te. But it left her Fi behind a bit. She's catching up, as we speak. Let her :)

Edit: Fi gets its info from Ne..she's gathering information by getting other people's perspectives as Fi feels too closely involved to be able to make a judgement call. When overloaded, Te steps in to protect and dismiss everything as irrelevant to get rid of the head ache she's experiencing. That too is typical for NFPs, ime.

I agree it must be either ENFP or ESTJ, but either way it's the unbalanced form leading with two extroverted functions. It's either Ne+Te or Te+Ne taking most of the lead here; her extreme dependence on external validation is obvious.

I still lean pretty heavily toward ESTJ, but ENFP is definitely the 2nd most likely. Te+Ne or Ne+Te will tend to come off as an odd hybrid between these two.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:)

Fi is a tough beast to ride..all you can really do is hang on for dear life in the beginning. Believe it or not, what she's doing is productive to getting the hang of it. And it is the only way she'll get her answers. She's the only one who has the answers really.

Keep going, LL ;)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:)

Fi is a tough beast to ride..all you can really do is hang on for dear life in the beginning. Believe it or not, what she's doing is productive to getting the hang of it. And it is the only way she'll get her answers. She's the only one who has the answers really.

Keep going, LL ;)

She doesn't want to hear "only you can answer this for yourself, by looking inward" because lacking a strong introverted function, she has no idea how to do that.

Either way you're right about the Fi--but it's so poorly controlled here that it's either inferior (if she's ESTJ) or really, REALLY poorly developed auxiliary (if she's ENFP.)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So give her time and space to learn how to do so.
She's trying. It's just hard to trust it as it is so volatile and hard to balance. And yes, let her ask other people's opinions. It'll help her self-reflect, and enrich her own point of views. She'll get there eventually :)

Edit: Fi can easily be avoided because it's considered useless by the outside world (at least ime) and is such a tough thing to really develop. Te is way more useful. Or so it appears. The constant swinging back and forth is normal, as Fi tries to balance itself out. Gaining mastery over that is..yeah. I think even INFPs sometimes struggle with that. Personally, I think that EXTJs don't have the stamina for it..they just emo it in the most basic way, that is, if they can no longer avoid it. Most of the time they just pretend it's not there..or so it seems :D
I don't see LL doing that. I see her fighting for control and how to deal with this properly. Hence my ENFP-guess ;)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't see LL doing that. I see her fighting for control and how to deal with this properly. Hence my ENFP-guess ;)

Fighting for control and seeking ways to actively confront problems is ENFP?

That sounds a lot more Te-dominant to me. "I need to get organized and actively reach solutions."

I see Ne as a much more conscious process for her (typical of aux/tert), and Te as so ingrained that she doesn't even realize the extent to which it colors her perceptions (typical of dominant.)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fighting for control and seeking ways to actively confront problems is ENFP?

That sounds a lot more Te-dominant to me.

Hehe..depends on what area. I find that EXTJs don't even know where tos tart to control Fi..coz that would mean acknowledging it's there :ninja:
Whereas for an ENFP, it's vital to know who you are, and be authentic. That means struggling till you can ride that wild beast. And that requires NeTe..Ne to gain info on how to ride it properly, and Te to get back on the beast when you fall off :)

EDit: THe solution-need comes from Fi. It's the desire to live up to your own standards. In this case, be a balanced individual and know what you want. And live up to your own values. But that creates problems with reality as we're human..not perfect. It takes a while to find a way to reconcile your values with the reality and how to deal with that smoothly. And that need and obsession is very much present. If it is perceived to be impossible, ime the NFP will be depressed, glum and jaded. The need to figure oneself out is very much Fi. Te is just there to shield Fi when it gets overloaded, and to help press for a workable solution, whereas Ne provides intel.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hehe..depends on what area. I find that EXTJs don't even know where tos tart to control Fi..coz that would mean acknowledging it's there :ninja:
Whereas for an ENFP, it's vital to know who you are, and be authentic. That means struggling till you can ride that wild beast. And that requires NeTe..Ne to gain info on how to ride it properly, and Te to get back on the beast when you fall off :)

Her very insistence on coming to a definitive conclusion at all costs is characteristically Te.

I've never seen an ENFP spend anywhere near this much time and effort (and get this upset!) trying to figure out something as ultimately trivial as what four-letter label best describes her personality. If they do, it's treated more like an amusing game that doesn't need to be finished or completed at any particular time. ENFPs often consider themselves too unique to be boxed in or fully described by something so limited, anyway--Ne would more likely get bored and recognize that she can still look for her identity and express individualism without getting a precisely quantifiable result from some kind of personality "test."

The insistence on having that completed result has been the driving force here all along. Her Ne only comes in later, in fragmented bursts, questioning her latest decisions and repeatedly wrecking dominant Te's progress. This is pretty typical for a tertiary function, too.

And man, I just can't see Fi as the auxiliary here. Its effect on her is far too unaware of context or degree, and comes in largely unconsciously when she gets especially frustrated. I see her desire to get herself figured out as just another means of applying Te--"I need to know which category I am in so that I can deal with life's tasks most efficiently, and it upsets me when I cannot determine things like this with certainty."

It's just really really dominant Te. You see a lot of yourself in her simply because you share the same functions, but your priority orders are quite different--your Ne and Fi both dwarf hers and dominate your perspective to a much higher degree. There's waaaay too much Te going on here for a distant tertiary function.