• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Little Linguist's Type Rant

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Wow. You really rally hard against those who volunteered their opinions.

Glad I didn't participate in your "What Type am I?" thread.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I enjoyed watching your video clip. In reference to people "not knowing Jack Shit", I realized that would be a great username, just so that some people could.

The funny thing about people throwing out types for other people is that one person's mental conception of an ESTJ might be equivalent to another person's conception of an ENFJ or whatever. I've noticed that a great deal between the two types I've mostly considered for myself (INFJ or INFP). Some declaring one type for me while another the other can actually be in complete agreement if their definitions for the conflicting labels are the same. I found the only way I can type someone is if I know just a little about them. Knowing a great deal or nothing at all makes it almost impossible to put them into a category.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Dear LL,

Some people think you are an ESTJ/ENFJ/ENFP because you thought were too at various times. Their confusion is only to try to fit you into a profile you felt some affinity to. Trying to find pieces of you that corroborate their own opinions. Sort of a backwards validation: LL thinks she is ESTJ now, wow, what about her would fit that type?

You seem pretty frustrated and stressed. Sending you a big :hug: first off. It's OK you know, to not know, to feel unsure, to feel confusion around that too.

You already know what I think so no sense reiterating. But I will reiterate that I think you are a special person, so cut yourself some slack.

Love the ironing comment.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
The funny thing about people throwing out types for other people is that one person's mental conception of an ESTJ might be equivalent to another person's conception of an ENFJ or whatever. I've noticed that a great deal between the two types I've mostly considered for myself (INFJ or INFP). Some declaring one type for me while another the other can actually be in complete agreement if their definitions for the conflicting labels are the same. I found the only way I can type someone is if I know just a little about them. Knowing a great deal or nothing at all makes it almost impossible to put them into a category.

Indeed.

As Type is a profoundly inexact science (without a universal metric to isolate and divide trait A from Type B), there's going to be a lot of wiggle room as it applies to eccentricity of evaluation.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:yim_rolling_on_the_

I can not tell you how hard I laughed at 2:11-2:30.

But at the same time, I don't think this is fair to those who tried to help you. You're making assumptions about why they offered their opinion (trying to be "professional").

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nooooo I didn't mean everyone. Some people gave very good explanations and stuff...I just mean the people who threw stuff out there and did not give a really good reason.

Just confused the hell out of me.

But I'm glad that some people helped me and gave me some really good reasons. Like I said "Thank you" so often to the people who really took me seriously.

I thought I made that clear....guess not. :-/

P

Phantonym

:rofl1: "I can tell your type from like...five miles away!". This is excellent quote-worthy material for any MBTI/Socionics/Jack Shit professional.

Typing somebody totally depends on how that person presents themselves, what kind of details the other person observing him/her picks up and how all of that gets churned in the brain tunnels. There is no certainty in typing, never has, never will and there's nothing anybody can do about it. No matter how good anybody is at explaining things or offering reasons. Blame the brain.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
So, where's the rant? :huh:

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

It's a sort of trick thread I guess.
Everybody pretends that there is a video that they are discussing.

Btw. I loved the random dog flying by at 3:26 when he was chasing that old lady. Made my day!

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The funny thing about people throwing out types for other people is that one person's mental conception of an ESTJ might be equivalent to another person's conception of an ENFJ or whatever. category.

Good point. Will we ever stop thinking about typology as a system that we use to place people into categories of fleeting personality traits? I highly doubt it and for this reason our future discourse of typology will inevitably be fruitless.

By the way, LL. Your selection of J for your temperament did not make any sense: you've confused the Judging faculty with one of the many 'Judging' personality characteristics that are popular on this forum. They are as follows: organized, punctual, anal-retentive and the list of absurdities goes on incessantly.

In some very loose sense, the function of Te leads a typical person of the Western society to develop many of these qualities, however, a natural disposition towards Fe does not. Extroverted Feeling is a solidified tendency a person exhibits towards the external world: he or she does so by easily forming valuative perceptions about his immediate experiences. That is, a person of an Fe type much more easily attains an idea with regard to whether or not he or she likes the immediate experiences. Such a faculty of judgment is altogether different from Extroverted Thinking or the function that leads a person to most naturally provide structure for the immediate experiences. It seemed as if you were thinking the following. 'I know I am an ENF, but I am also organized, so I must be a J! Eureka! I will pick ENFJ!' That does not even fit into the conceptual framework of behavioral folk typology: there is a huge difference between the J of Te and the J of Fe! Even in this context it would make a lot more sense that towards your later years you managed to use Te naturally (thats what it means to develop a function, to get to a point where its a part of your temperament which means its a solidified unconscious disposition of yours.), and that is why you may have thought you're a J. This argument would have slightly more merit than the common-place folk typology non-sense ( I am organized so I am a J!). At least this is about your natural tendencies rather than the learned behavioral traits! However, this natural tendency is not activated as easily as other functions are, hence, it must be the third in the hierarchy rather than the first or second. The difference between the first two functions and the third is that the former become natural to the person much earlier in life than the latter, however, even when the latter is 'naturalized', the first two still exert a greater hold over your cognitive habits as they simply had more time to become reinforced and solidified.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

With the way you post, I don't see any natural tendencies towards Fe (as described above), though I do see a tendency towards Ne as quite consistently you leap from notion to notion to notion and valuations are made with a great deal of reservation. I am assuming here you aren't trying to play a role of some kind and are not trying to accomplish a certain task, hence, there is no reason to believe that you aren't acting naturally here.

Although I see no natural tendency towards judgment either Fe or Te, your biographical info suggests you've learned the skills of making emotive valuations towards your environment immediately after the experience and organizing it. Both of these you've illegitimately associated with Te and Fe. Those actions would have been evidence of your typing being Te or Fe if they were natural tendencies of yours, yet they aren't. How do I know this? I pay attention to what you actually do here, in an environment where you are free to be yourself, rather than what you tell me about yourself. In the case of the latter, you may either be referring to situations where you didn't have the freedom to be true to yourself or you simply don't know your natural tendencies as most people don't.

In any case; the more folk typology you read, the more confused you get. My primary advice is not to accept my judgment, or any judgment in particular, it is not even to start thinking for yourself about the matter! My primary advice is to disregard the windbaggery of the countless posters who tried to tell you what your type is as most of these people truly know almost nothing about the subject. My second advice is that you should not uncritically accept my conclusion either; you ought not to think like me, but you ought to think for yourself. However, in order for you to start thinking for yourself in a fruitful manner, you have to isolate a scenario where you were free to be true to yourself and take a careful note of behaviors and thought patterns that seemed the most natural to you. Pay more attention to what was the most natural to you rather than what you actually did. Even in situations where you have the freedom to be true to yourself, you may be pressured by unnatural habits that you have formed as a result of your interaction with your environment to behave in a way that is inconsistent with your natural dispositions. For example, a person who has just returned from the army and is not organized or focused on detail by temperament will likely be pressured to do things in a very sequential, step by step manner rather than in a manner that is natural to him or her, even in his free time when there is no obvious hindrance stopping him from behaving in a way that is the most in tune with his or her temperament.

See above.

Chloe

I dont know what you said in your video/OP you removed, but honestly, this is response to your few posts on this topic already, you're extremely rude .

Firstly YOU didn't know YOUR type. You thought you're ESFP,ENFP,ESTJ,ISFJ, and you live in your body for 29 years, etc. why would others then know your type??? People offered their opinion and obviously they are still above you who cant form your own opinion about your type. So cut the crap.

You remind me of spoiled teenage rat.

I would never think ENFJ can be this beeeep. Obviously I was wrong. At least I know type doesnt say so much about the person.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I dont know what you said in your video/OP you removed, but honestly, this is response to your few posts on this topic already, you're extremely rude .

Firstly YOU didn't know YOUR type. You thought you're ESFP,ENFP,ESTJ,ISFJ, and you live in your body for 29 years, etc. why would others then know your type??? People offered their opinion and obviously they are still above you who cant form your own opinion about your type. So cut the crap.

I would never think ENFJ can be this beeeep. Obviously I was wrong. At least I know type doesnt say so much about the person.

YOU REMIND ME OF A SOCK PUPPET

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Someone's got a stick up their ass today. I'd say a spoiled teenage rat would be the one who complains like you do. But that's just me.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It seemed as if you were thinking the following. 'I know I am an ENF, but I am also organized, so I must be a J! Eureka! I will pick ENFJ!' That does not even fit into the conceptual framework of behavioral folk typology: there is a huge difference between the J of Te and the J of Fe! Even in this context it would make a lot more sense that towards your later years you managed to use Te naturally (thats what it means to develop a function, to get to a point where its a part of your temperament which means its a solidified unconscious disposition of yours.), and that is why you may have thought you're a J. This argument would have slightly more merit than the common-place folk typology non-sense ( I am organized so I am a J!). At least this is about your natural tendencies rather than the learned behavioral traits! However, this natural tendency is not activated as easily as other functions are, hence, it must be the third in the hierarchy rather than the first or second. The difference between the first two functions and the third is that the former become natural to the person much earlier in life than the latter, however, even when the latter is 'naturalized', the first two still exert a greater hold over your cognitive habits as they simply had more time to become reinforced and solidified.
To add a couple of things, there's also the notion that the tertiary complex "inflates" itself, so it does sometimes appear to equal that of someone with the same function in first or second place. This will come out usually in "finding relief". So you might be very organized and find pleasure in it.
That in addition to all the other factors mentioned that can alter behavior.

As for J, I would say it is more of an attitude, that often does produce organization, but for many reasons might not, but will instead come out some other way. I know one J whose house is very messy, but the J attitude still comes out in full force in the rest of her personality. She just does not focus it on the physical house for some reason.
So from your videos alone, you do not seem J at all. Too "light and airy" (meant in an admiring way). The facial expressions, mannerisms, tones of voice/imitations; even in "ranting" about things! Using the temperament and Interaction Styles concepts, J will be either directive, or structure-focused, or both (TJ's). You don't seem either of those. You remind me a lot of Lorelai on Gilmore Girls (If you get that show over there; even look a lot like her!) Most people agree she is ENFP, and those who don't, usually say ESFP. But you're obviously more N.

The only thing is where you had said recently that you used to be more ESTJ-like when younger. I did not know what to make of that. I of course was not there to see you grow up, so I don't know all the circumstances. But now, you don't seem like any kind of EJ at all.

Chloe

Someone's got a stick up their ass today. I'd say a spoiled teenage rat would be the one who complains like you do. But that's just me.

complaining about what? LL already at least 5 times offended all the people who tried to help her and didn't choose words. It has not much to do with me, so STFU

Ex. LittleLinguist from INTPcentral
Would you please try to convince half of the dumb asses on TypoC who believe that every teacher is an XSXJ? And would you also try to convince them that just because someone has crazy-ass Ne doesn't mean they still can't be ENFJ?

It's freaking amazing that a lot of these people assume I don't use Fe - from POSTS?! How can you show extreme amounts of Fe-dom via writing?

*sigh* I guess it's because I'm not oozing with politeness until I drown in it. But none of these people have seen me, and they have no idea how I am in real life.

I bet these people would actually meet me and say, "Oh, yeah, definitely xNFJ." :banghead: Dumb asses. :mad:

I think LL knew people on forum didn't meet her before she opened type me thread...so wtf. also, asked for people's opinion then react like this, WTF.