User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 82

  1. #51
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Jeffster, just guessing at it..but I agree with your post in general
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  2. #52
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I'm aware of that. Those tests are a)highly inacurate and b) don't exclude bias. If you like one function better than another, coz you consciously prefer it, you'll automatically select that as your highest. I have no doubt that LL finds Te immensely important and useful. Is it then also the function that comes most naturally to her? Hell no. It could be...but I personally am betting that's not the case. What you naturally prefer and what you consider as the right thing to do and therefore prefer consciously are two different things. As I said. Fi looks useless to most people. It's no wonder that Te is preferable to that...consciously
    She didn't take a test; she just read functional descriptions and tried to explain which ones applied to her most.

    If she's wrong about her own preferences, then obviously anyone trying to read a type for her will be wrong. That's why everyone's guesses keep changing--she keeps changing the data set people have to work with.


    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Jeffster, just guessing at it..but I agree with your post in general
    You agree that you're an internet know-it-all who doesn't actually know anything? :confused:
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  3. #53
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    She didn't take a test; she just read functional descriptions and tried to explain which ones applied to her most.

    If she's wrong about her own preferences, then obviously anyone trying to read a type for her will be wrong. That's why everyone's guesses keep changing--she keeps changing the data set people have to work with.




    You agree that you're an internet know-it-all who doesn't actually know anything? :confused:
    Everything in his post, but that sentence, though I can see why he would come to that conclusion

    SW, if you let me do the same thing, I'd go for Ni, Fi and Se as my main functions. Coz I admire them most. I *want* to be proficient in them, and consequently, I'm not bad at them, coz I do use them a lot. But I'm no where near a natural at Ni or Se.

    I'm not saying this is the case with LL for sure, but it is imo a possibility.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  4. #54
    Senior Member The Outsider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Eh, just don't take it too seriously.

  5. #55
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    No, the other dynamics explained in my post make her ESTJ. She's Te+Ne; it explains the overcompensating dominance/frustration with inefficiency as well as the constant attempt to change and reevaluate her type. She is very conflicted because Te demands completed results while Ne pulls her toward redefinition and change.

    Compounding matters is her lack of a solid introverted function. As a Te+Ne ESTJ, she lacks solid self-understanding that would come from Si and thus her self-image is grossly overdependent upon the approval of others.



    She doesn't know how to self-reflect. That's the problem--she's stuck in an extroverted loop and depends entirely on external validation. Why do you think she's spent 50+ pages seeking opinions from others about her? She doesn't know how to build a self-image for herself without an introverted function.

    Te: I must choose a category for myself! Anything less would indecisive and unquantified, which is unacceptable.

    Ne: But what if the chosen category doesn't have a broad enough context to fully explain? I'd better ask for more opinions from others!

    And so on and so forth until doomsday...
    Hey Simulatedworld! I have made an astounding discovery! I think that you are a Feeling type because you seem to be trying to prove something to someone, and thats Fe is it not!? That is, Fe is seeking approval from someone and you're seeking approval by trying to get someone to agree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    bolded: You're looking at one I *still* haven't decided on my type. Ne might get bored but will be redirected there by Fi which *needs* an answer. I cannot feel right and happy without Fi being sorted out. And that took me years...still is taking time atm.

    Yes, I admit I might be biased coz I recognize a lot, but that's also for definite reasons.

    And I personally see her Ne-ing like mad, trying to feed Fi info, Fi getting conflicted, her Te coming in and going: That's it, I'm done with this, as it's giving me a mighty fine head ache! That's so ENFP, it hurts. Really. I've done that. I still do that. Stress me, and I'll show you. For that matter, read my rant on men not understanding the meaning of the word 'friendship'.

    The second guessing stems from Fi being overloaded. You cannot judge things that way. Especially not things that aren't directives or objective. So they end up in a loop.

    And my Fi has only started developping since I got here btw. Before that, I was all Ne. Btw, her Ne is stronger than mine, from what I've seen. LL also still has a pretty good working Te. I envy her for that. Really. At least she can get things done. But she does it in bursts. She's constantly playing catch up to her chaos with Te, from what I've seen. I have a friend who's like her and very ENFP. She cannot stand chaos though. She was raised by SJs, who taught her order is the most important thing. It doesn't come natural to her. She just does it coz that's what's expected of her. I recognize that feeling. And I see that in LL.
    Oh, you haven't decided your type!? But I have! You're confused and you're not willing to be pinned down into one particular personality category! You're rebellious at heart which means you're the opposite of an SJ. Ha! You're an SP. I know an ESFP who is just like you, so its got to be your type! Who else could be more rebellious and confused than an ESFP!?


    ------------------------------------------------------

    P.S

    Of all you people, I think simulatedworld was the real winner of the folk typological method. For him it is as simple as this: you're overcompensating and that means you're a dominant Te type with a malfunctioning inferior Feeling! He even said something to the effect of only a Te type could do this!

    By implication, if you're acting out too much I could say you're an ESFP or if you're looking for approval a great deal, you've got to be an Fe type. After all, only an ESFP can act a certain way and only an EFJ can act another way!
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  6. #56
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Of all you people, I think simulatedworld was the real winner of the folk typological method. For him it is as simple as this: you're overcompensating and that means you're a dominant Te type with a malfunctioning inferior Feeling! He even said something to the effect of only a Te type could do this!
    I've heard enough from Simulated about my Te, to last a lifetime.

  7. #57
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Hey Simulatedworld! I have made an astounding discovery! I think that you are a Feeling type because you seem to be trying to prove something to someone, and thats Fe is it not!? That is, Fe is seeking approval from someone and you're seeking approval by trying to get someone to agree with you.
    If you're going to willingly misread and intentionally misinterpret everything I write, I'm not going to spend much time correcting you because we both know it's an exercise in futility.

    I do use Fe; it's part of the ENTP function set. Using an F function doesn't guarantee that someone is an xxFx type.


    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Of all you people, I think simulatedworld was the real winner of the folk typological method. For him it is as simple as this: you're overcompensating and that means you're a dominant Te type with a malfunctioning inferior Feeling! He even said something to the effect of only a Te type could do this!

    By implication, if you're acting out too much I could say you're an ESFP or if you're looking for approval a great deal, you've got to be an Fe type. After all, only an ESFP can act a certain way and only an EFJ can act another way!
    Good lord, what a dumb argument. I'll make a real response when you learn to read instead of Ne-skimming every tenth sentence and deciding this gives you a complete understanding of what I'm saying.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  8. #58
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Your post = "boo hoo it's real hard and I don't get it"
    There's no "boo hoo" in my post whatsoever. Boy, you are REALLY bad at reading people.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  9. #59
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    If you're going to willingly misread and intentionally misinterpret everything I write, I'm not going to spend much time correcting you because we both know it's an exercise in futility.

    I do use Fe; it's part of the ENTP function set. Using an F function doesn't guarantee that someone is an xxFx type.




    Good lord, what a dumb argument. I'll make a real response when you learn to read instead of Ne-skimming every tenth sentence and deciding this gives you a complete understanding of what I'm saying.
    There was no argument, just a caricature of what you've posted. I can go back and quote your statements where you say for example 'no other than an ENFJ would behave in this or that way', which is the same thing as saying that only an ENFJ could behave in a certain way, in other words, if you behave in this or that way, then you are an ENFJ.


    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    None but the most childish ENFJs would request help and then mouth off in intentionally demeaning and obnoxious ways simply because people's well-intentioned help didn't work for them. .
    Since you said that, my remarks still stand as by your findings if you have a certain behavior, than necessarily you are a certain type.

    My remark that you are an EFJ was not an expression of my belief that you are ( I don't think that you are); however, if I was to use your method, I could justifiably conclude that this is indeed your type.

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Using an F function doesn't guarantee that someone is an xxFx type..
    By your lights it sure should. None but an F could be seeking someone's attention as much as you would!
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  10. #60
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    :rolli: Guys, can we not let this go over into a warzone? Maybe you didn't agree with the way me and SW went about it, but at least we had a civil debate about something we speculated and theorized about, something we both found interesting. And we shared some point of views. If anyone gets to complain about it, it's LL, as she was the topic.

    This is just pretty much picking on each other for no good reason, without any hope of a constructive outcome.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

Similar Threads

  1. Big Problems vs Little Problems and Type
    By Xyk in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 02:36 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 09:16 PM
  3. Happy Birthday to Little Linguist!
    By StoryOfMyLife in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 11:53 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 02:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO