User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post

The funny thing about people throwing out types for other people is that one person's mental conception of an ESTJ might be equivalent to another person's conception of an ENFJ or whatever. category.
    Good point. Will we ever stop thinking about typology as a system that we use to place people into categories of fleeting personality traits? I highly doubt it and for this reason our future discourse of typology will inevitably be fruitless.

By the way, LL. Your selection of J for your temperament did not make any sense: you've confused the Judging faculty with one of the many 'Judging' personality characteristics that are popular on this forum. They are as follows: organized, punctual, anal-retentive and the list of absurdities goes on incessantly.

In some very loose sense, the function of Te leads a typical person of the Western society to develop many of these qualities, however, a natural disposition towards Fe does not. Extroverted Feeling is a solidified tendency a person exhibits towards the external world: he or she does so by easily forming valuative perceptions about his immediate experiences. That is, a person of an Fe type much more easily attains an idea with regard to whether or not he or she likes the immediate experiences. Such a faculty of judgment is altogether different from Extroverted Thinking or the function that leads a person to most naturally provide structure for the immediate experiences. It seemed as if you were thinking the following. 'I know I am an ENF, but I am also organized, so I must be a J! Eureka! I will pick ENFJ!' That does not even fit into the conceptual framework of behavioral folk typology: there is a huge difference between the J of Te and the J of Fe! Even in this context it would make a lot more sense that towards your later years you managed to use Te naturally (thats what it means to develop a function, to get to a point where its a part of your temperament which means its a solidified unconscious disposition of yours.), and that is why you may have thought you're a J. This argument would have slightly more merit than the common-place folk typology non-sense ( I am organized so I am a J!). At least this is about your natural tendencies rather than the learned behavioral traits! However, this natural tendency is not activated as easily as other functions are, hence, it must be the third in the hierarchy rather than the first or second. The difference between the first two functions and the third is that the former become natural to the person much earlier in life than the latter, however, even when the latter is 'naturalized', the first two still exert a greater hold over your cognitive habits as they simply had more time to become reinforced and solidified.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

With the way you post, I don't see any natural tendencies towards Fe (as described above), though I do see a tendency towards Ne as quite consistently you leap from notion to notion to notion and valuations are made with a great deal of reservation. I am assuming here you aren't trying to play a role of some kind and are not trying to accomplish a certain task, hence, there is no reason to believe that you aren't acting naturally here.

Although I see no natural tendency towards judgment either Fe or Te, your biographical info suggests you've learned the skills of making emotive valuations towards your environment immediately after the experience and organizing it. Both of these you've illegitimately associated with Te and Fe. Those actions would have been evidence of your typing being Te or Fe if they were natural tendencies of yours, yet they aren't. How do I know this? I pay attention to what you actually do here, in an environment where you are free to be yourself, rather than what you tell me about yourself. In the case of the latter, you may either be referring to situations where you didn't have the freedom to be true to yourself or you simply don't know your natural tendencies as most people don't.

In any case; the more folk typology you read, the more confused you get. My primary advice is not to accept my judgment, or any judgment in particular, it is not even to start thinking for yourself about the matter! My primary advice is to disregard the windbaggery of the countless posters who tried to tell you what your type is as most of these people truly know almost nothing about the subject. My second advice is that you should not uncritically accept my conclusion either; you ought not to think like me, but you ought to think for yourself. However, in order for you to start thinking for yourself in a fruitful manner, you have to isolate a scenario where you were free to be true to yourself and take a careful note of behaviors and thought patterns that seemed the most natural to you. Pay more attention to what was the most natural to you rather than what you actually did. Even in situations where you have the freedom to be true to yourself, you may be pressured by unnatural habits that you have formed as a result of your interaction with your environment to behave in a way that is inconsistent with your natural dispositions. For example, a person who has just returned from the army and is not organized or focused on detail by temperament will likely be pressured to do things in a very sequential, step by step manner rather than in a manner that is natural to him or her, even in his free time when there is no obvious hindrance stopping him from behaving in a way that is the most in tune with his or her temperament.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    So, where's the rant?
    See above.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    xxxx

So, where's the rant?
    Edited out since it was posted, I'm going to guess.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    See above.
    That's SolitaryWalker's rant, not Little Linguist's. So the thread is mistitled.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

I dont know what you said in your video/OP you removed, but honestly, this is response to your few posts on this topic already, you're extremely rude .

Firstly YOU didn't know YOUR type. You thought you're ESFP,ENFP,ESTJ,ISFJ, and you live in your body for 29 years, etc. why would others then know your type??? People offered their opinion and obviously they are still above you who cant form your own opinion about your type. So cut the crap.

You remind me of spoiled teenage rat.

I would never think ENFJ can be this beeeep. Obviously I was wrong. At least I know type doesnt say so much about the person.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    I dont know what you said in your video/OP you removed, but honestly, this is response to your few posts on this topic already, you're extremely rude .

Firstly YOU didn't know YOUR type. You thought you're ESFP,ENFP,ESTJ,ISFJ, and you live in your body for 29 years, etc. why would others then know your type??? People offered their opinion and obviously they are still above you who cant form your own opinion about your type. So cut the crap.

I would never think ENFJ can be this beeeep. Obviously I was wrong. At least I know type doesnt say so much about the person.

YOU REMIND ME OF A SOCK PUPPET
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

i'm gonna go cry in the corner now

Riva

i'm gonna go cry in the corner now
    I actually have to agree with Chloee.

Jeffter do us all a favour and throw stones in a river or something.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Someone's got a stick up their ass today. I'd say a spoiled teenage rat would be the one who complains like you do. But that's just me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    It seemed as if you were thinking the following. 'I know I am an ENF, but I am also organized, so I must be a J! Eureka! I will pick ENFJ!' That does not even fit into the conceptual framework of behavioral folk typology: there is a huge difference between the J of Te and the J of Fe! Even in this context it would make a lot more sense that towards your later years you managed to use Te naturally (thats what it means to develop a function, to get to a point where its a part of your temperament which means its a solidified unconscious disposition of yours.), and that is why you may have thought you're a J. This argument would have slightly more merit than the common-place folk typology non-sense ( I am organized so I am a J!). At least this is about your natural tendencies rather than the learned behavioral traits! However, this natural tendency is not activated as easily as other functions are, hence, it must be the third in the hierarchy rather than the first or second. The difference between the first two functions and the third is that the former become natural to the person much earlier in life than the latter, however, even when the latter is 'naturalized', the first two still exert a greater hold over your cognitive habits as they simply had more time to become reinforced and solidified.
    To add a couple of things, there's also the notion that the tertiary complex "inflates" itself, so it does sometimes appear to equal that of someone with the same function in first or second place. This will come out usually in "finding relief". So you might be very organized and find pleasure in it.
    That in addition to all the other factors mentioned that can alter behavior.

As for J, I would say it is more of an attitude, that often does produce organization, but for many reasons might not, but will instead come out some other way. I know one J whose house is very messy, but the J attitude still comes out in full force in the rest of her personality. She just does not focus it on the physical house for some reason.
    So from your videos alone, you do not seem J at all. Too "light and airy" (meant in an admiring way). The facial expressions, mannerisms, tones of voice/imitations; even in "ranting" about things! Using the temperament and Interaction Styles concepts, J will be either directive, or structure-focused, or both (TJ's). You don't seem either of those. You remind me a lot of Lorelai on Gilmore Girls (If you get that show over there; even look a lot like her!) Most people agree she is ENFP, and those who don't, usually say ESFP. But you're obviously more N.

The only thing is where you had said recently that you used to be more ESTJ-like when younger. I did not know what to make of that. I of course was not there to see you grow up, so I don't know all the circumstances. But now, you don't seem like any kind of EJ at all.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Someone's got a stick up their ass today. I'd say a spoiled teenage rat would be the one who complains like you do. But that's just me.
    complaining about what? LL already at least 5 times offended all the people who tried to help her and didn't choose words. It has not much to do with me, so STFU

Ex. LittleLinguist from INTPcentral
    Quote Originally Posted by Her Royal Highness View Post
    Would you please try to convince half of the dumb asses on TypoC who believe that every teacher is an XSXJ? And would you also try to convince them that just because someone has crazy-ass Ne doesn't mean they still can't be ENFJ?

It's freaking amazing that a lot of these people assume I don't use Fe - from POSTS?! How can you show extreme amounts of Fe-dom via writing?

*sigh* I guess it's because I'm not oozing with politeness until I drown in it. But none of these people have seen me, and they have no idea how I am in real life.

I bet these people would actually meet me and say, "Oh, yeah, definitely xNFJ." :banghead: Dumb asses.
    I think LL knew people on forum didn't meet her before she opened type me thread...so wtf. also, asked for people's opinion then react like this, WTF.