User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

How does your friend respond when someone else is upset (not upset at her, but upset about anything else)?
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

You're being a troll by jumping into threads calling people idiots without even considering what their replies are based off of.

Also, I fail to see how a Sensor would reply YES to "imaginative" but not YES to "detail oriented". The vagueness of the test swings both ways. I'm not saying test results are always accurate but for SOME people here, a consistent N and P is not something they would just ignore or that they should ignore either.

MBTI tests are not indicative of functional order, MBTI types are. What I am saying is that if you're an ENTP then your primary function is Ne. Which basically leaves us with the fact that if people are certain that she fits each part of each dichotomy, it is entirely plausible for them to think that it logically flows that she is an Ne dom.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Why seemingly an intuit? I don't see anything that screams N to me...I was gonna say more ESxx than anything.
    Which is what I asked, and someone just pointed me to the test scores.

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    You're being a troll by jumping into threads calling people idiots without even considering what their replies are based off of.
    I didn't call anyone an idiot (excluding you, but that was a clear and obvious exaggeration on my part) for thinking ENTP, I was just curious why.
    Also, I fail to see how a Sensor would reply YES to "imaginative" but not YES to "detail oriented".
    But, how exactly is being "imaginative" related to Nx? The questions gear towards what they see as obvious signs of an intuition preference, not any particular function.

MBTI tests are not indicative of functional order, MBTI types are. What I am saying is that if you're an ENxP then your primary function is Ne. Which basically leaves us with the fact that if people are certain that she fits each part of each dichotomy, it is entirely plausible for them to think that it logically flows that she is an Ne dom.
    Obviously, the point is it doesn't fit in what was said about her by the OP, in my opinion, which is why I asked for others' opinions, and you just pointed to the test scores. My question was, what in the OP's description indicates Ne dominance? By telling me people/you based it on the test scores being consistent with NP, it just sounds incredibly stupid.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Really, is this what we're going to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    How are you other guys typing people? It's embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    There's no universal method for typing, but there's surely bad ones.
    Okay you're clearly missing the point.

You had not indicated in which way your typing method was better than everyone elses, yet you proceeded to insult the typing methods being used. Test results are as much a typing method as your own interpretation of the functions. What the hell do you add to the thread by telling people their interpretations are "emabrassing"?

Coming into random threads and randomly insulting people's opinions is trolling.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Actually, that was in response to

Everyone can be typing people as they please, because MBTI is not science and therefore there's no universally approved method.
    I wasn't implying with that second comment my method of typing was better than anyone's. Also, your post specified I was calling people idiots (that's what I denied, not trolling), not trolling. Just to make that clear, I'm not sure you're able to follow your own posts.

You had not indicated in which way your typing method was better than everyone elses, yet you proceeded to insult the typing methods being used. Test results are as much a typing method as your own interpretation of the functions
    This implies the two people who posted before based their typing on the test results, just so you know.

What did that add to the thread? It added character, I'd guess. LOL, just to say, I edited it out, but by that time, it was already quoted, so ... meh, I don't see the big deal.

Thinking you see the bigger picture doesn't mean you do. - or maybe better worded, it doesn't mean you do to the extent that an N would. It's not like S's are incapable of seeing the bigger picture...but these are the kinds of questions the more generic mbti tests ask to determine N/S.

The fact that she tested as INTP and would self-describe herself as such, compared to the descriptions of what this girl's actually like in the OP, just makes me want to disregard the test results completely. There's nothing in the OP that remotely suggests INTP, nor anything that points towards N. That's cool - whatever- if she sees herself as such and answers the questions in that way, but it doesn't really mean she is one. Mbti testing tests self-perception, which works for people who have accurate perceptions, and doesn't work so great for people who don't. (or, they very well may utilize the functions or traits, but not in the way that people who have them as a dominant or aux process actually utilize them)

*closing can of worms*
    Basically, which was my point, but test results > descriptions, apparently. Very nice job of explaining that, btw.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

This tells us that this girl sat down and answered basic questions about herself. Assuming that these tests were even remotely related to MBTI, her replies imply that she thinks that she sees the bigger picture and has a preference for abstract thought . How is this not a character description? How is the fact that she "sometimes procrastinates" more of a character description than the fact that this girl will flat out tell you that she sees connections between ideas?
    Thinking you see the bigger picture doesn't mean you do - or maybe better worded, it doesn't mean you do to the extent that an N would. It's not like S's are incapable of seeing the bigger picture...but these are the kinds of questions the more generic mbti tests ask to determine N/S.

The fact that she tested as INTP even once, and would self-describe herself as such, compared to the descriptions of what this girl's actually like in the OP, just makes me want to disregard the test results completely. There's nothing in the OP that remotely suggests INTP, nor anything that points towards N. That's cool - whatever- if she sees herself as such and answers the questions in that way, but it doesn't really mean she is one. Mbti testing tests self-perception, which works for people who have accurate perceptions, and doesn't work so great for people who don't. (or, they very well may utilize the functions or traits, but not in the way that people who have them as a dominant or aux process actually utilize them)

*closing can of worms*
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Also, I fail to see how a Sensor would reply YES to "imaginative" but not YES to "detail oriented". T
    SP's wouldn't at all say YES to detail-oriented, and most probably would say they were imaginative (because most are - and hey, the SJ's can be too!). Many of the S questions on dichotomy tests will slant towards SJ's/Si (i.e. detail oriented), although obviously there will be some that address the Se slant of S. But SP's could easily test as N's, imo.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Thinking you see the bigger picture doesn't mean you do - or maybe better worded, it doesn't mean you do to the extent that an N would. It's not like S's are incapable of seeing the bigger picture...but these are the kinds of questions the more generic mbti tests ask to determine N/S.

The fact that she tested as INTP even once, and would self-describe herself as such, compared to the descriptions of what this girl's actually like in the OP, just makes me want to disregard the test results completely. There's nothing in the OP that remotely suggests INTP, nor anything that points towards N. That's cool - whatever- if she sees herself as such and answers the questions in that way, but it doesn't really mean she is one. Mbti testing tests self-perception, which works for people who have accurate perceptions, and doesn't work so great for people who don't. (or, they very well may utilize the functions or traits, but not in the way that people who have them as a dominant or aux process actually utilize them)

*closing can of worms*
    Okay, once again - it swings both ways, it's not like there is an intuitive bias. How many intuitives wouldnt say they like to have fun? Or that they are adventurous? This has nothing to do with N vs S, what I am saying is that you can't call someone stupid for choosing to accept a test result as a typing method. I'm also not assuming that THAT is even what the other posters did, I am simply pointing out that there are infinite possibilities as to why people interpret this person being discussed as an Ne dom and that you can't just assume you know why they did it, and that it was a shallow reason.

The characteristic descriptions that were provided are HARDLY more indicative of type when they point out so many general non-type related traits, and are also just as BIASED as the girl's own answers would be since they are coming from the OPs specific perspective. Like, if the OP was extremely reserved, they may consider someone who parties a couple of times a year as "really outgoing", that wouldn't mean jack shit.

My point, once again, is that this kid should really stop going to threads and calling random people stupid with nothing to back it up.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ORLY

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    How does your friend respond when someone else is upset (not upset at her, but upset about anything else)?
    She's acted rather motherly towards me when I'm upset, and if she think she knows the solution she'll be straightforward with it and tell you what to do.
    [SIGPIC]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/KamikazePigeonOnFire/untitled-39.jpg[/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

The characteristic descriptions that were provided are HARDLY more indicative of type when they point out so many general non-type related traits, and are also just as BIASED as the girl's own answers would be since they are coming from the OPs specific perspective. Like, if the OP was extremely reserved, they may consider someone who parties a couple of times a year as "really outgoing", that wouldn't mean jack shit.
    LOL, we work with what we're given by the OP, you can't assume the OP's perceptions are wrong without any evidence. Plus, majority of what the OP said was factual.

My point, once again, is that this kid should really stop going to threads and calling random people stupid with nothing to back it up.
    This is, again, false.